• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Capitals First Round Playoff Schedule

I'm a very casual Caps fan. Since can watch Comcast Sports Network on local cable, I have gained a little knowledge about Caps. Hate they lost in first round.

A question for the diehard hockey fans. Is coaching the problem? I saw the other night where the coach (at that time) had a 13-13 record in playoffs. Not a record to inspire confidence.

I know right around time of Olympics the Caps made a bunch of trades. Do you think this hurt chemistry? The Caps were rolling along until the Olympic
break. Did this disruption play a roll?

Very depressed about the game last night. When the Habs got the early goal you could just see the team tighten up.

I can't answer your questions Riggo. There are a lot of things thins team is going to have to examine before next season. Some changes will definitely be made but I don't think it's wise to blow everything up at this point. This is a huge disappointment and a little time is going to be needed so decisions can be made with a clear head.

If the Habs go on to win the next round or take it to 7 I'll feel a little better. If the Pens sweep them out I'm going to be pissed, and we have more issues with the team than I thought. The east is shaping up to be the Pen's to lose. Man I hate the Pens....

The whole "blow everything up" mentality is a fixture in DC sports. The Caps are a team built to win for many years...they had a massive upset this year, that's for sure, but that shouldn't be a reason to blow the team up.

Unlike the Redskins and Snyderatto who thought they were a player away every year, but were really far...the Caps actually ARE a player or two away from winning it all. Re-sign Belanger and Chimera for starters (if they are FAs, I'm not sure), and sign Volchenkov. Volchy is the type of hard-nosed, stay at home defenseman this team sorely needs.

We also have to take care of Backstrom. Volchenkov would be great. I would give serious consideration to getting rid of Boudreau. I really could go either way on him.

Hey Lanky--just wanted to say I too was sorry to see the Caps lose. Next year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.