• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Donovan McNabb is headed to the Washington Redskins

Rigg44...is ES that bad...never really been there and posted what makes it so bad???

lol. Yeah, I stopped in a minute ago and quickly left. It's insane over there right now. They have had at least 8 McNabb threads started since the news broke.

As an interesting (to me) sidenote, I logged on, saw the headlines on ESPN, they the first place I came was here.

I think I'm home, boys!

:)

I like the deal. Campbell is just not a West Coast Offense QB. McNabb is. I still think Tebow or maybe McCoy will be the QB we groom for the future.

I like the deal. Campbell is just not a West Coast Offense QB. McNabb is. I still think Tebow or maybe McCoy will be the QB we groom for the future.

how? we have a first and a fourth. neither tebow or mccoy will drop to the fourth round.

Before today we were short a 3rd in a draft everyone says is the deepest in years and now we are short a 2nd as well. And not just any second but one high enough we were pretty much guaranteed a guy who would be 1st round talent any other year.

All while we still don't have two legit starting Offensive Tackles on the roster.

I am left to wonder if the team has a backside deal already nailed down for Campbell that will net them a 2nd or a 3rd for this year or if they dealt for McNabb in order to package him up with some other stuff to move up to grab Bradford.

I hope the plan is for him to move on (McNabb that is) as I have never been a fan and frankly don't see him as an upgrade to Campbell on this team at this point in his career. I would rather loose with class under center.

gold that's funny I guess the mods over there are going crazy....can't wait to watch what happens to all the mock drafts ...is it Okung for sure now...what if he's gone...Eric Berry...or Sue....what if we don't get a OL at #4...? what then.

how? we have a first and a fourth. neither tebow or mccoy will drop to the fourth round.
Perhaps a trade of Campbell and/or Carter will garner a third...Or an improbable trade down from 4th spot.

McNabb hopefully gets extended, or it's a 1 year rental for 2 picks. Sounds familiar.

Have had time to let the news sink in. McNabb is our QB like it or not. My guess is Santana Moss has to be happy right now. He now has a legit QB that knows the WCO.
McNabb can and will get the ball to him deep. Chances are our WR's and TE's are looking forward to playing with McNabb.

I think this is Shanahan's way of saying he didn't like Clausen. He knew that any other QB he took in the draft was probably two years away from starting.

Campbell and Andre Carter will both get traded before the draft for draft picks. That will give them some bargaining for the draft.

Random thoughts...

There is now 5 QB's on the team. Someone is getting traded...
One knows Kyle's Offense.
One knows the West coast.
One just got here and is on the PS
and one is a gunslinger..

So Im looking at Jason's direction.

ITs going to be weird seeing Health Shulers number on the field.

I wouldnt be surprised if McNabb re-does his contract to stay on.

We're not done guys. There's more coming I'm sure. Can't imagine we don't adress the OL. Shanahan doesn't strike me as that stupid and I gotta think we're still looking QB too. Gonna e an interesting month.

I'm not a big McNabb fan. Seen him throw it into the dirt too many times. But, I do think he's what's carried the Eagles all this time. I think all our receivers just got a whole lot better. Trust me on that one. Campbell was not the guy.

HTTR
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I've got to disagree Bob - old or not, McNabb is far and away a better QB than JC is. But the more I chew on this, the more like Loyal I feel - this has the feel of prep-work for another deal. In fact, it could even explain why the Eagles were willing to trade him to us, because they've been assured DC isn't his ultimate destination.

reid said Donavon did not want to go to Raiders or Bills but jumped at the chance to be a Redskin......I 'm not so sure.... I see one of the other QB's moving before them trading Mcnabe....talking about it right now on ESPN News.

I am just stunned.

stunned.

I've spent most of McNabb's career picking apart his game and now he's on my team.

I feel bad for Jason, somebody from the Skins should had given him the heads up. I don't know what to think.

We better draft an O-lineman now.......

man I'm stunned.

Boone, I like the idea of this being prep work for something else. It needs to be.

As to comparing Campbell and McNabb . . . I feel it necessary to point out that McNabb has had the benefit of one of the consistently best Offensive Lines in the league. Is he a better QB than Jason? Sure. My question is how much of that "better" belongs to the 5 guys blocking for him. Judging from the performances of Kolb and Feeley over the years when McNabb has been injured I would have to say a fair share.

I can't see a 33 year old man (who has proven himself brittle in the past) taking the beating Jason took last year and surviving the season, much less put up better numbers.

So I pray you are correct and DC is not his ultimate destination.

I like this move, no...honestly, I love it.

Let's say we would have drafted a LT in the 1st round and a QB to develop in the 2nd in this year's draft. That QB we picked in the 2nd round may or may not have ever paned out. Where would that leave this team? Who knows? We know what we are getting with McNabb. He's the best QB we've had here in YEARS. To top it off we're likely getting a guy with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and we weaken a division opponent to boot.

Call him a choker if you like but I think their playoff and SB failure had a lot more to do with the lack of a power running game and a few bad breaks more than anything he did directly. Shanahan is going to be able to get the most out of his talents and I think our supporting cast is stronger than what he had in Philly with the exception of the O-line (and with all of their injuries last season maybe not by much). I'm glad we didn't pass up a chance to make a deal like this. Breathe deep my brothers and sisters, this is going to work out.

I've been holding off comment because I just don't know what to think. The only thing I can say is that we should garner a 3rd round pick for Campbell so we will make up that 3rd rounder next year (optimism guys).

I just had a thought. What if we now sign TO?

I have to quit having thoughts like this. It's just not healthy.:toilet:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.