• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GAME DAY - Preseason Week 2 vs JETS

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Okay so last week was a suckfest. Asked for Kirk to look good, and for the brief drive-by he was in he did. So woot. Asked for no one to get hurt and no one did. So ... WOOT.

That was the end of the good stuff.

Asked for the run game to make an appearance. Not. Asked for good tackling overall. Meh. Asked for special teams coverage. Oops. Asked to see John Norman do something. I think he played. Asked for a brain-fart-free accumulation of penalties. Erg. Although for the record the refereeing was abominable. Not just against the Skins--overall. Just an embarrassing display by pro zebras.

So on to week two.

jets-vs-redskins.jpg

Wish list:

Lose no bodies.

Run game please? Even a hint?

Score 10+ first half points.

First-string defense ... pass rush and no major breakdowns.

Clean up the brain-dead penalties!

That is all.

You?

Ditto.

Also like to see Spaight have another strong showing. Cravens too.

Effective list, gotta agree with it too.

Wouldn't mind seeing Reiter having another good game, perhaps climbing the chart.

More effect on teams, starting to solidify the return game.

Happy Friday, Om.

I share your thoughts about tonight. As for one of your questions, Josh Norman only played one series last week. I'd love to see him for a few more series in this second game.

I'm wondering about how many of the following are even playing tonight:

Jordan Reed?
Trent Williams?
Crowder? I believe he's playing.

I would like to see a running game. And most importantly, let's get out healthy. None of these games mean anything if we lose someone like Breeland or Preston Smith for the year.

Williams is beginning to worry me some, his knees ain't getting any younger.
Wonder if he gets some work done on them next off season.

As far as the penalties - some first game jitters, some just boneheaded. Encroachment 4 times? Probably shouldn't happen once because, well you can see the ball and at this level one probably should know which side of it you need to be on prior to the snap. Four is ridiculous. It wasn't like the Skins were the only team in the league last week to get hit with penalties deep in double digits so as long as they get the really stupid ones under control the team should/better improve.

As far as the officiating - yeah they are Pros but they also have some rookies trying to make their team who never officiated at this level and the vets have some rust too. After the two back-to-back flags thrown and then picked up because there actually was no penalty, the head linesman could be seen clearly (with even minimal lipreading skills) yelling WTF back at some of his crew. They know they need to get better.

Well some of those rookies aren't gonna be around real long but I'll give a flyer on a person trying to make an impression their first day on the job as long as they settle down before it counts. Also the NFL is experimenting with an 8th official, a Middle Judge. They did last year also but called it a Center Judge. Anyway they only do this during preseason and maybe working some of the bugs out.

Enough making excuses for the ref's - what I want to see -

no injuries; some guys show improvement from last week; some guys back up last week with some consistency; cut down on mental errors; no injuries...

Hoping for an improved run game. I know it was just the 1st preseason game but total rushing plays; 24. Total runs of 10+ yards one and they didn't get that till most of the ones & twos were spectators. Jones, Thompson & Marshall combined for ZERO yards on 8 carries and Jones was the best out of that group (2 totes for 1 yard). Preseason or not that's unacceptable. On the bright side (?) the run game has to improve on those numbers. Doesn't it?

O:Need to see an actual run game.

D:pass rush that gets home,stop the run.

Thing that I never want to see: The last beer in the fridge.

Early reports are that we're resting everyone.

No Cousins. No Trent. No Compton for starters.

Cousins is a healthy scratch. Looks like we're following the Packers' lead.

No Jordan Reed either.

Kerrigan healthy scratch. Norman healthy scratch.

If I had paid to take anyone to this farce, I'd be royally pissed. Not at the Skins but at a league that charges full price for exhibitions of scrubs against scrubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember seeing this many healthy QB scratches for the 2nd Pre Season Game. Is this a start of a trend? @nflnetwork

@charleycasserly

Matt Jones ... shoulder. Ugh.

Refs in fine form again. Sheesh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.