• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zorn and Vinny fighting?

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

I heard second hand that there was an incident between Zorn and Cerrato after the game. Anyone heard anything?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

$5 on Zorn with a TKO in 3rd...

No - I have read the articles claiming Cerrato threw Zorn under the bus for his handling of the last few minutes of the Philly game - those comments apparently were made to someone from ESPN before today's game, or at least that's my understanding.

Vinny is a piece of ****

Cerrato can say nothing about anybody on this team b/c it starts with him and Snyder.

Vinny you hired Zorn.....it's on you.

It's b/c of you we have no O-line b/c you were willing to take the risk that a) Samuels and Thomas would make it through the year. b) that Heyer would be a solid RT or Williams would replace him c) that a guy who was out of football a former bust and had to lose 100+ in order to play would be the solution to the depth on this team.

It's on you that there has been dysfunction b/c of the way you and Snyder cater to certain players and yet go out of your way to get rid of certain players or treat them like they are not welcome here.......

It's on you for overspending FAs and failing to address needs in the draft.

It's on you for not rewarding players who have been core redskins with better deals until they are gone or are protesting publicly.

It's on you.......If I had ,my way you'd be fired.
Hope The Danny figures that out one day.

Last edited:
Go get 'em WD :cheers:

So ... it's on Vinnie? :D

Go get 'em WD :cheers:

Boone you don't know how angry I am with the FO today, this game really put me in a vile mood. :tantrum:

I've been apathetic for the last few weeks, b/c well the team has played hard but they just continue to lose....... too little too late right.

today this team with a patchwork O-line and a 4th string RB (Ganther),a QB that has been inconsistent that we have punched his ticket out of here and young guys who just didn't seem to be developing kicked the now 12-0 Saints ass.

They deserve better. Zorn deserves better than to be Vinny's scapegoat.

And damn it, we as Skins fans deserve a helluva lot better than what this team has provided since 1992.

Gotta rant. :)
End tantrum

Cerrato is clearly trying desperately to save his own ass. The only chance he has of that is putting this all on Zorn. And apparently, that's the strategy he's going with now.

That this team could even stay on the field with the Saints, short weak or not, speaks to heart and the desire of the coaches to fight through the current quagmire.

It's largely Cerrato's fault that they are doing so with a patchwork, ill-equipped offense, and a coach who is in way over his head.

I've been apathetic for the last few weeks, b/c well the team has played hard but they just continue to lose....... too little too late right.

today this team with a patchwork O-line and a 4th string RB (Ganther),a QB that has been inconsistent that we have punched his ticket out of here and young guys who just didn't seem to be developing kicked the now 12-0 Saints ass.

They deserve better. Zorn deserves better than to be Vinny's scapegoat.

Testify brother! :)

I am right there with you. The Skins deserve better than this. They deserve a better front office.

WD, great rant. I couldn't agree with you more. Funny thing is I think I had a similar conversation with somebody yesterday.

Vinny needs to shut his yap. What is going on on the field is a direct testiment to his half assed approach to build a professional team

This feels like that Star Wars scene in the trash compactor...

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Something in the back of my head has been telling me, for two weeks now, that Vinny is still going to be here next year whether I like it or not.

Of course he is.

Have you listened to the radio today? Callers have been saying that all we need is to shore up the OL, draft a player here and there and we can make a run for the SB. That's all Snyder needs to hear.

Of course he is.

Have you listened to the radio today? Callers have been saying that all we need is to shore up the OL, draft a player here and there and we can make a run for the SB. That's all Snyder needs to hear.

Pretty sure it was noted several weeks ago by *somone* here that 3 or 4 victories would do to fix the problems with most of the fan base. A more cynical guy would point out about now that apparently winning isn't even required to fix it, just a good showing against a decent team.

We need to do what the Raiders fans did, and buy a billboard. Something to grab national attention. If this assclown stays around for one more year, I'm going to lose it.

Since we can only take an educated guess as to what happened here there can only be two plausible explanations.

One:
Vinny honestly thinks he gave Zorn playoff level talent, is passionate about seeing the team do well and just let the moment get the best of him. Still bad, but almost forgivable…….almost. It’s not the way professionals should conduct themselves but in the heat of the moment we all can make mistakes.

Two:
Vinny is playing Dan’s mouthpiece and Dan wanted to bitch at Zorn for the loss last week but didn’t want to do it himself. Maybe as a bonus they could make Zorn quit so they wouldn’t have to buy out the rest of his contract. Vinny is also trying to save his own job by showing how much he cares.

I can’t buy the first explanation. Could anyone? Vinny knows damn well that there isn’t another job in the NFL waiting for him if he gets fired here. He also has to know that if one of the big name coaches comes to DC and wants control; his neck will be the first neck on the chopping block.

No, this was Vinny acting in the interest of self preservation or on orders from Little Caesar. Nothing else adds up knowing what we know about the parties involved. Dan glaring at players after a loss, treating Norv the way he did after tough losses, on and on and on. If Dan smells weakness he presses. You just KNOW he wanted to tear Mr. Medium a new one. What does that accomplished though? Will players play harder because Dan is angry? Will Zorn coach better because Dan says “coach better”? Dan needs to grow up and his primary enabler, Vinny, needs to go.

Don't take sides between Zorn and Cerrato.

They BOTH need to go.

Cerrato was responsible for the Jason Taylor fiasco that cost the team valuable picks and netted zero return. $8M for 3.5 sacks? :)

At the same time as we now see, Zorn HAD some offensive performers in Devin Thomas and Fred Davis that simply needed the chance to get on the field and have someone show some confidence in them.

All of a sudden receivers are open, and break tackles in the open field for RAC.

For that, you can't blame Cerrato.

Zorn stuck to Portis, Moss and Cooley as the sole options on offense until 2 of the 3 went out of the lineup and a crisis developed.

Why was Zorn not smart enough or confident enough in his own ability to manage these younger players and get more out of them?

I am not about to let Zorn off the hook because he was hired by a GM I also think has made a mountain of mistakes over time.

Good point. Gotta keep our eye on the ball here. As much as Zorn might be turning himself into a sympathetic character (with Vinny and Dan's help) he's still not HC material and needs to be kicked to the curb just as much as Vinny. Keeping one or the other is going to leave us with the same problems we have now.

Guillotine, table for two please. :behead2::behead2:

yep, and if we are going to credit Zorn with getting the team to play against Dallas, Denver and NO, then where was the HC when the club was about to face teams they SHOULD have beaten in Detroit and KC?

this team came out flat the first 6-7 games of the season. Even in wins against the Rams and Bucs the Redskins looked terrible in the first half of those contests.

That has to come back to Zorn and his approach to getting his team prepared to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.