• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zava and the Jets

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
1682422790517.png
1682422900273.png

For NFL fans NOT in NY or GB, this is going to be ... interesting. Maybe even thread-worthy.

Some quick thoughts:

* The details of the trade were not surprising. The important parts, to me, are essentially that GB gets a 2nd this year and a 'conditional' 1st/2nd next year which, absent injury to Zava, they will almost certainly get. He'll play 65% of their offensive plays unless the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by say week 10.

* The money? Jets are way better off cap-wise in the short term (2023 and maybe '24) than I expected. After that we'll see. But they are clearly "all in" for 2023/24.

1682421606292.png

1682421691449.png

* Jordan Love is to GB as Mac Jones is to NE. No pressure.

* GB fans have enjoyed HOF-level quarterbacking for 31 straight years. They have no fucking idea.

* Watching Zava deal with the NY press after the fawning GB press is going to be popcorn-worthy.

* If I had to predict today ... by mid-season, if Zava hasn't blown out a knee, the Jets will be maybe 5-4 and in position to make a playoff push. And we'll see them almost every week on national TV the rest of the way.

* Away we go.

* And for those going WTF? ... Zava.

I think the elephant in the room is that Rodgers doesn’t seem to be all that interested in football these days and his skills have diminished somewhat. That deal is less painful than it was rumored to be. But it’s still a lot to give for a guy you’ll be lucky to get 2 seasons out of…

Rodgers doesn’t seem the type to me to knuckle down, do all the extra stuff it’s going to take to successfully transition to a new team and offense. His attitude these past few years hasn’t looked good or team-oriented, he’s all about Aaron. I just don’t see him being the missing piece that’s going to catapult the Jets to a Super Bowl… we’ll see.

He’s got electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazine… Zava and the Jets…

Apparently the actor took his inspiration from Zlatan Ibrahimovic:

Thread still holds tho dammit

Last edited:
Apparently the actor took his inspiration from Zlatan Ibrahimovic:

Thread still holds tho dammit

I read somewhere this was the primary 'inspiration'...

i'm so sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.