• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

You're Terry - Tell Me Why You Are Staying In Washington?

I wish there was some news. I wish the agent and the Marties had locked themselves in a basement and said, "We're not leaving until we get this thing done (or resolved.) I get that it's a lot of money. I get that nothing's as easy as we imagine it, but this was one of the off season priorities everyone knew about. The team went out of their way to promote Terry and talk about him being the face of the team. Unless Terry actually wants out there's no reason not to get this out unless Snyder actually can't come up with the money. Back up the Brinks truck. Two Brinks trucks if you have to and get it done.

Exactly. When desean was here they said "he wasn't leaving without a deal". You see all these other teams lock their star players down no issue.

Us? Meh... we'll get to it.

Commanders’ wide receiver Terry McLaurin is signing a three-year extension worth up to $71 million in new money that places him amongst the NFL’s top-five highest-paid WRs, sources tell ESPN. Buddy Baker and Tony Bonagura of Exclusive Sports Group finalized deal today with Washington SVP Rob Rogers.

The new three-year extension for McLaurin includes a $28 million signing bonus, the largest given to any wide receiver, and also has 76.4 percent of the new money in the deal guaranteed. The deal contractually ties the 26-year-old McLaurin to Washington through the 2025 season.

That’s good news.

Good news. Terry’s signing together with the commitment to Jonathan Allen is now starting to show a pattern that the club is recognizing who the leaders and producers are and ensuring they get the reward.

For too long this team was paying free agents the top contracts on the team (see Landon Collins) and deserving guys had to wait in line.

Relieved and happy they got Terry done. He's been one of the best players on the team and one of our best draftpicks in a long, long time.

Isn't it ironic that no one saw Terry coming?

I remember Shawn Springs acting as a 'mentor' to Dwayne Haskins and remarking that you couldn't expect too much from the kid given who he was throwing the ball to.

Fast forward and we see that Terry McLaurin as a WR and JD McKissic as a pass receiving RB are some very productive NFL players we had in the arsenal.

Both Terry and JD probably could have posted pro bowl numbers with a true #1 quarterback even that first season with the club.

Dixie took the words out of my mouth. Those were my exact feelings upon reading this statement.

He is EXACTLY the right kind of guy we need in that locker room, and I'm glad be got him for another 4 years!

Honestly he could have stopped after the first paragraph. Total class act . Anyone who has a child in sports, he is the example of what we all want our kids to be . Drive ,Desire ,Hardwork , Leadership and respect for the people around him. I look forward to watching him play this year opposite a much improved receiving core IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.