• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

You're Robert Griffin...

He's a Rookie and I expect him to play like one. A lot. Newton was an abberation. We are saddled with a terrible OL which will hamper his developement. The team should have focused on one thing this offseason. OL. A rookie QB is going to have a tuff time developing behind this group. Hopefully he won't be ruined by it.

I wasn't really talking about 'who the #2 QB should be' - I seriously was just pointing out that if Cousins keeps looking like Joe Montana, and Griffin keeps running for his life (regardless of the competition they are facing), there are going to be whispers. And I also posed the question 'I wonder what's going through Griffin's - the human being Griffin's - mind the morning after being 'outshone' by Cousins?'

I'm going to start putting a disclaimer on some posts 'This post is purely intended to spark conversation and incendiary dialogue and does not necessarily represent the views, positions, or assessments of the management' :)

When I dig around for stuff for Redskins Recon I normally try to edit out what may be considered "hater" type remarks directed toward the Redskins so this one I found was on the not-to-be-included list but it does seem apropos for this thread direction.

"I'll be going to buy some earplugs this week from home depot or something. Cause I live in VA. So if the Redskins do win it, I'll never hear the end of it. Everyone know how serious the Redskin fans take the pre-season. they treat it like it's a super bowl"

If it's that noticeable...well,...just sayin'.

P.S., there is a noticeable scarcity of such "hater" remarks among the Colts fans and...well, you'll see when I post the next Recon in a day or two. :)

I have no idea whether RG3 will have as good a rookie year as Cam Newton, but didn't Cam have a truly awful preseason. These are exhibition games and there is really no way to draw conclusions or make comparisons when you have different players playing at different times in a game. Personally I am excited to see that Kirk did as well as he did. It is crazy to think that he should start. Later on if RG3 continues to struggle in the regular season you might start having a QB controversey, but not now. Crazy!

I can't remember how Cam's preseason went, but I think it was unremarkable. I do remember his training camp being particularly awful - one analyst even went as far as to say "he doesn't belong on an NFL field!" Can't remember who it was, but they've still got their foot wedged firmly down their throat.

Let's put it to bed right now: RG3 will not have a Cam Newton-like rookie season, he just won't. Cam's rookie season was historical; that's waaaaay too high a benchmark to set for Bob. I will be happy with an injury-free season that shows progression and some nice numbers. 2500-3000 yards through the air, maybe another 500 on the ground, and 20-25 total TDs would be very nice.

Where does Griffin carry the 225 pounds?

He looks like a 6'2 and 195 beanpole out there on the field at times.

the helmet and shoulder pads look outsized.

Watching the game this afternoon. Cracks me up seeing Jason Campbell doing the same things he did for us. A few good passes, moves us down the field, then holds the ball a second too long and takes a couple drive-killing sacks. He was a nice guy, but I'm so glad to see him gone.

The guy has no body fat - he's all muscle. But yeah, he looks pretty tiny and fragile out there at times compared to all those big-bodies.

Newton-esk numbers are not realistic for Griff for another reason...Newton had no defense backing him up. By the middle of the 3rd quarter he was always playing from behind and the Panthers were throwing to catch up.

Washington's defense isn't Top 5 dominate but it isn't the historically bad defense Cam had last year in Carolina either that forced a lot of great garbage time numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.