• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Your NFL Draft 'What if?'...

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Every year there are crazy occurrences in the NFL Draft. This year's draft is a perfect stage for craziness, being that it will be conducted virtually. Surprises range from the shocking (like the Giants-Chargers drafting of Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning followed by an immediate swap of those QBs) to the mildly surprising (the Vikings drafting Christian Ponder with the 12th overall pick after 3 other QBs had already been selected in front of him).

So here's your chance to predict a move that will rock the 2020 NFL Draft 11 days from now.

The point isn't to predict a move that is LIKELY to happen. By definition, if it were likely to happen, is wouldn't be a 'What if?'. We're looking for moves that may not be likely to occur, but which are not beyond the realm of possibility and which might really alter the course of the draft.

I'll start things out.

With the 1st selection of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Chase Young!

The Bengals absolutely turn the draft upside down, deferring on the opportunity to draft their 'QB of the future' to select the consensus best player in this draft. Although this might seem like a disaster for our Redskins - it could lead to the kind of 'offer we can't refuse' scenario as the handful of QB-desperate teams throw the kitchen sink at the Redskins in order to draft an unexpectedly available Joe Burrow.

What if Young DID go #1 and the Skins took Burrow? Would that send the fans into a tizzy? I'm thinking yes.

For the record, if the Bengals take Young, I think we HAVE to take Burrow. Screw the general apoplexy it would cause among fans. It'll sort itself out.

My OMGWTF prediction ... the Patriots make a massive trade to jump into position to take the 3rd QB to come off the board after Burrow and Tua are gone. And the NFL establishment falls all over itself to immediately proclaim the king is dead, long live the king.

I assume you mean Love? Could be... there are a lot of teams apparently sniffing around him (including the Redskins - although guessing that's just 'due diligence?). My thoughts on Love... physically pretty gifted, very athletic, but if you listen to interviews of the guy, for me anyway he doesn't seem particularly bright or impressive. What would make him such a risky pick is that although he lit it up in 2018, Utah had almost total coaching and offensive personnel turnover after that season and Love's play suffered quite a bit in 2019 (think he threw 20 TDs and 17 INTs). Could almost be explained away by all the changes he weathered, or it could be an indicator he's nothing special. Some analysts compare him to Josh Allen.

Assuming Rivera is blown away by Burrow (who isn't?), yeah, I think they would absolutely have to take him. There will always be fans who get emotionally attached to players and will howl if the team moves on from them (or as would likely be the case in that scenario, attempts to upgrade at that position). So it would not surprise me at all if, in the unlikely event the Bengals drafted Young, the Redskins would draft Burrow (although they might also get some crazy trade offers in that scenario too). And yes... a good portion of the fanbase would lose their mind.

I'm ashamed to say I would really enjoy watching that. :evil:

Boone, in my Pats Prediction, I don't really know which QB it would be, just whoever Billy B. has rated as his top guy after Burrow and Tua.

And of course, the entire NFL Draft intelligentsia world would knowingly nod and say they knew all along that was the guy who was going to be The Next.

We pull off a 3 team trade and somehow end up with one of the excellent Alabama wr’s to take heat off Scary

Last edited:
what if...Bruce Allen hacks in to the Zoom meeting and drafts us all kickers?!!

offer a Ricky Williams or Hershel Walker type trade and I am OK with it.

If the rumors about the Browns offer for TW prove true, and Jerry Jeudy drops to the 2nd round due to injury concerns, should the Redskins consider trying to move up to get him?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.