• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Your Bold Prediction - 2019 Edition

Not the point. I don't care why he left - it's the simple math of the Skins losing out on roster management. You didn't ask "name a player who left, was great, but wasn't screwing someone other than his wife."

In the main, I thought it was a trick question: the Skins have drafted and traded so poorly over the last several decades one would of course be hard pressed to compose a long list of mistakes.

Let's get back to the topic at hand - bold predictions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Prediction: Colt McCoy will be cut.

Kennum and Haskins will be the two QBs on the roster with Alex Smith on IR and performing the mentor role for Haskins.

Montez Sweat get DRoY.

Haskins is starting by week 7.

Norval Gruden does just enough to avoid being fired, latest excuse being a rookie QB started more than half the season.

!!!!

Every once in a while one navigates into the shallows.

Agree.....boss!

Champ Bailey for one. He wanted out cuz the Skins woiuldn't pay. 12 time pro bowler. Played 10 seasons for Denver. We trade him AND a second round pick for Clinton Portis. Portis? Good Redskin. 2 Pro Bowls (one as a Skin). 7 seasons for Skins.

Let's face it, since 92, with the exception of the Gibbs years, there has been no team culture of winning. No feel for how to win. Too many coaching changes. Only one constant for the most part.

OK, this one is tainted by the fact his wife was going to leave him if he didn't leave Washington at the end of his contract...which was the end of that upcoming season. He was gone, no matter what. We got one of the league's top rushers for the next 5 seasons.

Also, Champ Bailey was not a Bruce Allen deal, so not sure how it plays into this convo.

Bold Prediction: Colt McCoy will be cut.

Kennum and Haskins will be the two QBs on the roster with Alex Smith on IR and performing the mentor role for Haskins.

I'm not so sure this is as bold as we may think.

Not sure how he is classified having only played a few snaps in last pre, but I say Derrius Guice goes well over 1,200 combined yards - in a four back rotation mind - and is the AP Comeback Player of the Year.

Colt is the opening day starter, but has a season ending injury in game 3.
Case becomes the starter, but after a 2-7 start, Brucifer the prince of dimness pushes Lord Farqaad's desire to start Haskins.
Doctson is cut to make room for Sims or Davis.
Montae Nicholson gets put on the kiss-cam at a Wizards game, but instead of kissing his gf, he is shown beating up the hot dog guy for spilling a diet coke.
Montez Sweat gets 13 sacks, but finishes 2nd in DROY voting.
DaRon Payne sacks Tom Brady.

We lose Montez Sweat for the season in the very first game to a knee injury.

Bruce assures the fanbase that "There's nothing wrong with the field conditions, and that there's a chance Montez may be back in two or three weeks."

On his agent's recommendation, Montez goes to his own physician for a second opinion on the best course of treatment--fueling more questions about our medical staff.

Last year it was Guice. This year it's Sweat. It's how we roll.

Dwayne Haskins starts by week 5 and proves he's legit. The Redskins make the playoffs in one of the most exciting seasons we've had in a decade.

OK, this one is tainted by the fact his wife was going to leave him if he didn't leave Washington at the end of his contract...which was the end of that upcoming season. He was gone, no matter what. We got one of the league's top rushers for the next 5 seasons.

Also, Champ Bailey was not a Bruce Allen deal, so not sure how it plays into this convo.

1. Champ Bailey doesn't and didn't run the FO. The Skins weren't forced - they held the power.

2. Loved Clinton. From a longevity and production pov, he wasn't in Champ Bailey's league. 12 pro-bowls to two. 10 seasons (after the trade) to...what...six?

Sequeing into the real and obvious theme:

3. The brilliant FO not only traded a star player they went to great lengths to draft...they threw in a second rounder! Bruce Allen or Vinny - what difference does it make? The FO does not know how to build a championship team. They are good at marketing and that's it. The statute of limitations has run out on championships. While I have re-invigorated interest in this season..the reality check is that this franchise has been an abysmal failure for 27 years.

But I digress. Back to our regularly scheduled prediction addiction.

I want to say Cam Sims will be our leading receiver, but the way this team seems to like getting the ball out of the QB's hands quickly, Quinn may end up leading team in receptions.

Sims catches 65 this year, Quinn catches 77. McLaurin catches 40 as a rookie. Reed will have a good year, too...could end up with 65-70 catches. He wants to get paid!

Speaking of predictions, while filling the auto with gas tonight I caught 10 mins of 980 sports report discussion from training camp. Apparently, a large majority of national sports pundits are predicting three or fewer wins for the Skins this year.

My guess this spins in large measure from the first five games, QB and o-line uncertainties. I share the concern about the o-line, especially if TW is a no show or traded. HOwever, no way the talent on this team sinks to three or fewer wins. No way.

Honestly, it's the same every year. Now we may be pretty dissatisfied with 5 straight years of 7 wins or more - but that ought to mean something. The 1-3 win prediction stuff gets old. This team has a ton of talent and the coaching is better than they get credit for. If we stay reasonably healthy, I don't see us being less than .500.

Honestly, it's the same every year. Now we may be pretty dissatisfied with 5 straight years of 7 wins or more - but that ought to mean something. The 1-3 win prediction stuff gets old. This team has a ton of talent and the coaching is better than they get credit for. If we stay reasonably healthy, I don't see us being less than .500.

Reasonably healthy and get consistent, solid QB play from someone. Doesn't have to be perfect, just solid.

You really have to be bad to win 2 or 3 games.

Most teams are going to be in the 6-10 to 10-6 range with a few outliers in each direction up and down.

I love all the predictions of Kyler Murray being a top 10 quarterback before he throws his first NFL pass...,,,,,

I agree, Love will end up on the injured list with a 'recall' designation for the midpoint of the season.

I think some of you are discounting Jay Gruden's stubbornness. He LOVES Colt McCoy and proving that McCoy is a better quarterback than Bruce's designated bridge, Case Keenum, is perhaps the only way he can shake his nose at the team for making decisions without him.

Colt McCoy will be the opening day starter but will fail in that role because of a suspect passing arm and durability issues.

Keenum will end up starting a good number of games and then Haskins will start the final 4 games of the season to get ready for 2020.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.