• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Xavior Nixon OL Florida

Rich Tandler,CSN, posted this blurb about Nixon.

Kinda' neat how the FO handled the situation by letting him know "wazup" on draft day.

It's too soon to know if Nixon will be a steal, but most mocks had him graded in the 4th round - a couple in the 3rd (thought that was a bit high imho).

Just hoping Trent and the other guys can get this cat on the same page regarding work ethic.

Like Diesel said I'm definitely keeping an eye on Compton for the RT spot. I swear i'll take ANYONE over Polumbus....like a blind retarded lama over TP.

Nixon has good size and athleticism. That combined with a familiarity with the ZBS IMO should put him ahead of where guys like Compton and Hurt we're as rookies.

What I can't figure out on the OL is whether the addition of Matthews indicates a lack of confidence in LeRibeus.

The Redskins now have all three interior OL signed for multiple years.

One would think a high pick like LeRibeus would in most cases get a shot at playing before the last year of his rookie deal, but it seems he is on the bench unless there are major injuries.

Nixon has good size and athleticism. That combined with a familiarity with the ZBS IMO should put him ahead of where guys like Compton and Hurt we're as rookies.

What I can't figure out on the OL is whether the addition of Matthews indicates a lack of confidence in LeRibeus.

The Redskins now have all three interior OL signed for multiple years.

One would think a high pick like LeRibeus would in most cases get a shot at playing before the last year of his rookie deal, but it seems he is on the bench unless there are major injuries.

What I can't figure out is why is before training camp every signing the Redskins make is a harbinger of doom for existing players?

Did you miss where they cut Kyle Wilborn, the UDFA they picked up on May 2nd, to make room for Matthews? This signing is a harbinger of doom for nobody except him. LeRibeus is fine. Montgomery is fine. Matthews is a depth signing and a warm training camp body who they feel has more promise than Kyle Wilborn, who obviously did not impress them in rookie camp.

To quote the Blonde one: "It is what it is." Redskins fans love to make mountains out of molehills!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.