• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WSJ: Minority Partners Pressuring Snyder to Sell

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Not sure why Wall Street Journal has this story but it's come out over the last hour.

Nothing really new there - except the allegation that one of the minority owners may have been behind (or supporting) the leaking of nasty (and apparently false) rumors about Snyder which prompted him to launch a defamation suit.

Nothing really new there - except the allegation that one of the minority owners may have been behind (or supporting) the leaking of nasty (and apparently false) rumors about Snyder which prompted him to launch a defamation suit.

Yeah I contemplated not even posting it, but WSJ being the one that reported it caused me to go for it. I don't know why WSJ has it, but this isn't just a regular beat guy, or a sports publication so it makes me wonder if the minority owners actually provided more info. I don't have a subscription to WSJ so i couldn't even see the whole article.

If you feel the need to move this, or merge it, there will be no butthurt.

No man, thanks for posting it! The ‘nothing new’ comment wasn’t intended to mean you shouldn’t have posted. It’s mostly a summary of what’s been going on with Snyder and the minority owners, but like I said - prior to this all I had seen was that they were accusing a former admin assistant of leaking derogatory stuff that lead to the article Snyder is suing that Indian media company over. But the WSJ piece is alleging it was a power play move by a minority owner and the admin assistant was just assisting in that effort.

I need to slow down when I’m posting from work - I get myself in trouble when I do a quick drive by reply and don’t take the time to choose my words carefully.

Last edited:
It’d be really hilarious if Snyder did sell and a whole new front office and coaching staff were brought in

Snyder may have signed his resignation letter with the lawsuit... facts are facts and there are gonna be things that come to light to defend him, but its very likely that other things come out that can be very damning.

I hope you’re right but I’m skeptical anyone will ever wrestle the franchise away from him :(

I hope you’re right but I’m skeptical anyone will ever wrestle the franchise away from him :(

I dont think the minority owners go public with a $1 billion worth of a business as a platform unless theyre confident in the end game. This would be the worst game of business chicken ive ever seen if there wasnt some substantial ammunition.

If he sells they pocket a huge ROI, all money driven, strike when the iron is hot, he ain't selling, he couldnt wait out the media, he'll let them sell their shares but I'd wager he has first right of refusal and that's why they want an entire team sale instead of I'll sell my shares for 300 mil I put a 100 mil in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.