• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wrai... er, Bugs on Cars!

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
(yeah, it was an LOTR reference. Immadork)

So I was driving through West Virginia a week or so ago, and was coming back home kinda late. The bugs were out in full force and the front of my car looked like the bug's version of the Killing Fields. I just spent two hours scrubbing them off and waxing the cars, but didn't really use a cleaner because I wasn't sure what to use. I figure there has to be something out there that is better than water and a little dish soap.

Suggestions, for dead bugs specifically?

I learned a trick for this that works very well. Try a simple dryer sheet. Yes, the sheets you throw in with your clothes. They work wonders.

You can use them dry, or consider dampening them just a little. See which works best for you.

Yeah...but how do you get the windshield into the dryer?

Bite me, Mi... er, thanks for the suggestion. :)

McD, I am definitely trying that next time. Thanks.

In spring time in South Florida, it is love bugs. If you drive anywhere west of 95 for more than 30 minutes you will be covered in them.

Yeah...but how do you get the windshield into the dryer?

Eh, not advisable. I tried it and the wiper blades melted. Not good. Best to hang the windshield on the clothes line - and when it is not raining.

I don't know about you guys, but every time I hang the windshield on the clothesline - it ends up raining.

Inevitable :(

I learned a trick for this that works very well. Try a simple dryer sheet. Yes, the sheets you throw in with your clothes. They work wonders.

You can use them dry, or consider dampening them just a little. See which works best for you.

+1

Very common for us Fl folks with the two seasons of those little black lovers having airborne sex. I use them on the bike and helmet all the time. Just haven't figured out what to use on my face yet....

(yeah, it was an LOTR reference. Immadork)

So I was driving through West Virginia a week or so ago, and was coming back home kinda late. The bugs were out in full force and the front of my car looked like the bug's version of the Killing Fields. I just spent two hours scrubbing them off and waxing the cars, but didn't really use a cleaner because I wasn't sure what to use. I figure there has to be something out there that is better than water and a little dish soap.

Suggestions, for dead bugs specifically?

Now exactly WHERE in WVa were you driving through I might ask? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.