• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WR situation is getting crazier by the minute.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I have no idea who we will keep, other than:

Richardson
Quinn
McLaurin
Harmon

Seems like Doctson will be gone, very soon.
Robert Davis has impressed, and he is young.
Cam Sims is the big Alabama target, that just had a very bad game.
Steven Sims Jr, may end up being the best slot guy we have, and he can return punts and kickoffs.
Chesson is a special teams stud.
Quick has experience
Kidsey seems destined for the practice squad.

As I have posted before, Doctson needs to be gone.

As Doc Walker said, a guy that comes into camp as a former #1 pick and says he has NOTHING to prove after 3 underwhelming seasons shouldn't have made it this far.

Kidsy is practice squad at this point.

Cam Sims had a poor game yesterday but balanced against the past 3 months of work, do you base a decision on one quarter?

You won't get Sims through waivers and onto the practice squad.

There are too many teams out there that need WR depth and New England among others is going to be watching closely for any younger, cheaper WRs that become available.

If Davis is a good special teamer which he appears to be then Chesson may not need to be retained.

Steven Sims seems to be a keeper as he can do everything - play outside, inside and return both kicks and punts.

We all KNOW that Tre Quinn given his own injury history is not going to make it 16 games without getting dinged at some point.

One way to help get around the numbers crunch is to put Colt McCoy on IR and go with 2 quarterbacks to start the season.

Then you can keep an extra receiver or defensive back.

Right now McCoy can't plant and throw the ball. I don't know that an extra 2 or 3 weeks is going to mean anything after 6 months of rehab.

Last edited:
Yeah, hopefully we can get something for Doctson, if it's true they're trying to trade him.
Both of the Sims boys would be on my team.
And if they go with 7, Davis would get the nod.

Now, if they don't/can't trade Doctson, and intend on keeping him, then he would be #7 .
He can still be dealt before the trade deadline. And, at least one of the other guys will make it to the practice squad.

If we can't trade him I would cut him.

As Walker and Brian Mitchell indicated, keeping a guy strictly because of past draft position is a motivation killer for a younger team whose players are looking to see how management divides up the reps with starting 22.

The other thing is that Doctson doesn't play special teams on coverage and doesn't return kicks.

So, he is an empty uniform on game day either on the bench or up in the stands as an inactive.

We don't need that at this point.

A couple of years ago Bill Belichick cut a #2 pick because he saw enough to know they player wasn't going to succeed in the NFL.

It shouldn't take 4 or 5 years to tell if a guy is going to play, not if you have any kind of alert personnel evaluators.

While I agree Bulldog, I'm thinking the team might try to show interested suitors that they'll have to trade for him. And not wait for us to cut him.
A few injuries here and there might bring us some kind of pick, from somebody.

Still trying to recoup from some of the drunk's mistakes.

No ones going to give us anything for Doctson because they know if we were planning on keeping him we wouldn't be advertising his availability.

Weird Redskins logic will be ‘well, we couldn't trade him so we may as well keep him'.

Drives me insane. He had his chance and he has shown he's not an NFL caliber WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the team is making 1 last round of calls on a trade (6th or 7th) but if there's no takers they need to launch Doctson the hell off the property via trebuchet

At some point this season Davis will end up as our #2 wr...BOOK IT!

Teams will not trade half of a Chick Fil A chicken sandwich for Doctson and who would blame them?

I saw one report that Doctson cleared waivers. 31 other teams already knew what we just figured out.

It's hard for a player with an injury history and a poor attitude (‘I don't need to prove anything to anyone') to get teams to bite early.

Doctson will get a shot as the inevitable attrition of the NFL season means some teams will lose 2 or 3 receivers over 16 games.

But because Doctson doesn't play special teams he has to catch every ball and show the type of route running skills he rarely showed here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.