• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC/BGO Coverage: 2010 Free Agency

Mike Williams re-signed.....REALLY? Kinda surprising but I guess a body is a body where the O-Line is considered. A little big, slow and maulish for a Zone Blocking scheme it seems.

The Williams signing is a bit surprising in light of his performance last year but I remember a lot of talk about how it would take a year from weight loss to real playing shape. Maybe that is coming around and the new coaches think there is something there, especially if they feel like he still has what it takes to play both G and T. Solid backup maybe? Starting RG?

I am just taking a WAG here.

Probably not much guaranteed money in that Williams contract. If that’s the case then it becomes more of a “why not” rather than “why” thing.

The Williams signing is a bit surprising in light of his performance last year but I remember a lot of talk about how it would take a year from weight loss to real playing shape. Maybe that is coming around and the new coaches think there is something there, especially if they feel like he still has what it takes to play both G and T. Solid backup maybe? Starting RG?

I am just taking a WAG here.

Your WAG is as good as mine, Neo. Maybe it's just the newfound attitude and enthusiasm he has that is keeping him around. Maybe he won't make the team but it won't be for lack of trying.

Mike Williams re-signed.....REALLY? Kinda surprising but I guess a body is a body where the O-Line is considered. A little big, slow and maulish for a Zone Blocking scheme it seems.

Wasn't Mike Williams at Texas when Kyle Shanahan was there?

How you doin' out there, John ... drinking plenty of coffee? :)

The beans were spilled at ES about Redskins 1. So...

It is going to Wilmington, DE - New Castle Airport. Must be related to Babin.

Edited to add - plane is on the ground in DE. Soon to return to Dulles.

Haven't been keeping track of the locales, BB. Delaware is where Babin lives?

Haven't been keeping track of the locales, BB. Delaware is where Babin lives?

He probably lives near to that area. Wilmington is about twenty minutes from the South Philly complex and that airport is used extensively by corporate types in SE PA.

Gotcha, thanks.

Be a different kind of signing for the Redskins if that's what it is. No splash, no dash, probably not much cash. Just a young vet with some starting experience, no drama and acceptable mileage--the kind of guy you use as mortar in building a solid defense.

A quiet move that could turn out to be a loud signal.

Gotcha, thanks.

Be a different kind of signing for the Redskins if that's what it is. No splash, no dash, probably not much cash. Just a young vet with some starting experience, no drama and acceptable mileage--the kind of guy you use as mortar in building a solid defense.

A quiet move that could turn out to be a loud signal.

At this point I will take any signal they got...

Your next signal.

After stopping at Dulles, Redskins 1 is on to Homestead, FL.

Homestead = Dansby?

Maese via twitter...

Artis Hicks is an UFA guard from Minnesota. 31 yrs old, 6-4, 335 pounds
8 minutes ago via web

RT @chipscoggins Confirmed that Artis Hicks is visiting Washington, Arizona and Detroit the next few days.
9 minutes ago via web

Allen has said they will bring guys in and may not give contracts to right away. In previous years the contract was waiting on the table when walked through the door.

Compared to previous years, what is Redskin Park like today? Is everyone going about business as usual? Has anyone (from FO or PR dept) came and talked with you?

Allen has said they will bring guys in and may not give contracts to right away. In previous years the contract was waiting on the table when walked through the door.

Compared to previous years, what is Redskin Park like today? Is everyone going about business as usual? Has anyone (from FO or PR dept) came and talked with you?

It has been as quiet as I have ever seen. 3-4 guys sitting around in the press room waiting for something to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.