• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Would you trade Bob for any other QB in the league right now?

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
Right now, before he's even taken a snap in a game, would you make a trade, one for one, for any other current QB in the league? Ignore any contract/salary cap concerns. Rodgers? Brees? Newton?

Rodgers is the only qb with experience and youth, that would be the only one

Rodgers is a good call. I'd also take Newton. Probably a few others.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Rogers and that is it. He would be a great fit for the Shanahan offense but I can't think of anyone else. I want to see another couple of seasons out of Newton before I'd take him ahead of Griffin.

No.

Robert wouldn't have to "unlearn" a system another NFL team uses that he was used to and re-learn the Shanahan system.

Is everyone high?

Drew Brees? Tom Brady?

The only ones that are high are guys who would take a 34 year old product of the system quarterback like Brady :)

I hope you're right!

In the meantime......puff, puff, pass.

Tom Brady a system QB? What system is that, midget/mediocre WRs with no real running game? I agree!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I echo the sentiments of most others. The list would be short, as I'd want a comparably young QB in exchange. Newton, Rodgers...and that's about it.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Rodgers is it. Brady is no more a system QB than I am, but he is getting up there. Bob has the ability to be a franchise QB for 10+ years, which is a hell of a lot longer than you're getting out of Brady, Bree's, etc. this kid is going to be good. Really good.

And Neo is right. Cam tailed off a little last year as the season went on. Give me another year or two to see what he can do.

And Neo is right. Cam tailed off a little last year as the season went on. Give me another year or two to see what he can do.

Yeah, once teams started to get more film on him, it got a little harder for him. He's still a 4,000 yard passer in the NFL, combined with 14 rushing TDs (2nd most in the NFL, trailing only LeSean McCoy) compared to a guy who's yet to take an NFL snap. I think I'd pull the trigger.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone - he could represent 15 years or more of solidity (stardom?) at QB. Other than Andrew Luck (who I still wouldn't trade him for), there's no one else out there I like more with that kind of youth.

We'll see if I still feel that way a couple years from now. It all boils down to whether he's the guy we all believe him to be.

If Griffin has a rookie year like Newton's we'll all pass out and die from sheer joy. And if winning 4 of your final 6 games is tailing off I'll take that any day.

Cam has proven he can play in this league. Griffin hasn't. I'd take the young proven guy over the young unproven myself.

That said, I'm happy we got our guy. I just hope he plays as well as some of the players we're waiving off in this thread.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone - he could represent 15 years or more of solidity (stardom?) at QB. Other than Andrew Luck (who I still wouldn't trade him for), there's no one else out there I like more with that kind of youth.

We'll see if I still feel that way a couple years from now. It all boils down to whether he's the guy we all believe him to be.

This is pretty much where I am. I had heard discussions about other teams and their QBs and each time I concluded that I'd rather have Griffin. I started thinking about the best out there going in to this season and at this point I would rather have Griffin than any of them. Very cool. Go Bob!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.