• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Would you rather be a Dallas fan right now?

Would you rather be a Dallas fan right now?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Damn you for even asking!

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No preference - both teams are hapless failures at present.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. I believe they have some great talent, and expect them to be back near the top of the conference next season.

I say we ****-can McNabb and Shanahan and pay Andy Reid a bazillion-gazillion dollars to become 'Coach for Life'. Hell, name the stadium hotdog after him in perpetuity. Whatever it takes.

I'm immediately on board with that. The fat man knows what he is doing. I take no joy in saying that.

It's funny how it seems as though the majority of guys (players or coaches) who have walked through the doors of Redskins Park ever since Snyder has been here have either forgotten how to play football, or coach football as soon as they put on our colours.

Somehow, I think even Andy Reid would fail here. The guy at the top is a failure and it trickles down right throughout the organization.

Dan has crippled us.

again im agreeing with elephant, weird. but in all honesty Kitna has been a huge part of the turn around, when guys run the wrong route there is no "aw shucks" ive seen him get on williams austin and the pimps kid all with equal fervor. that sort of leadership makes differences.

It's all about karma, or at least it seems that way CH. That's why I keep mockingly suggesting that God hates Dan Snyder. It's almost the only way to make sense of the kind of sustained frustration we've had to endure for so long. There are more tormented NFL franchises, but not many of them over the past 15 years.

We are hurting, and I think Skins fans are just begging for a glimmer of hope, some light at the end of the long tunnel. I agree - with Dan Snyder as owner, it just seems to be getting further away.

It's all about karma, or at least it seems that way CH. That's why I keep mockingly suggesting that God hates Dan Snyder. It's almost the only way to make sense of the kind of sustained frustration we've had to endure for so long. There are more tormented NFL franchises, but not many of them over the past 15 years.

We are hurting, and I think Skins fans are just begging for a glimmer of hope, some light at the end of the long tunnel. I agree - with Dan Snyder as owner, it just seems to be getting further away.

It's Sarge's Mom's voodoo doll!

You guys understand the question, so enough of the semantics in how I worded it :)

If it makes you feel better, 'would you be more hopeful as a Dallas fan right now than you are as a Redskins fan?'

Hopeful, yes. But that's because their cupboard is less bare. They have more talent, and (without checking) probably more draft picks to work with to improve the team.

I must say I'm tired of sitting through 6-10 seasons (on average). I haven't seen much this season to give me hope. The offense is no better and the defense is worse.

Another offseason to recharge my hopes. And once again the offseason starts before the current season has even ended. It's tiresome.

There are more tormented NFL franchises, but not many of them over the past 15 years.
Since Snyder hasn't owned the team that long, I assume you correctly blame JKC, who cursed this franchise when he hired Norv Turner; Cowboy. Dan has tried everything to break the curse, but it is a strong one.

JKC wanted to insure this team would not prosper after his inevitable departure, so he left his own son to piss into the wind, and set into motion, this evil, dastardly curse.

We should all pray that Dan Snyder can eventually break it.

And **** Dallas.

Damn you, Boone.

Damn you.

First off, I'd rather slide down a poll of razor blades and land in a vat of alcohol than be a Cowboys fan

That said, I think the Pukes are better off than we are talent-wise.

Oh, and congratulations on being able to detach yourself from the team and being able to ask a question like that without Skins googles. You'll like it much better here in that state of mind

First off, I'd rather slide down a poll of razor blades and land in a vat of alcohol than be a Cowboys fan

I'd be right behind you.

Watching the game I see potential. Just because we can't run, block, tackle, catch, and hold on to the ball doesn't mean there isn't hope. We can still watch teams kick away from Banks. :)

Boone,

I've got one better than your(damn you!) Dallas comparison.

I am very envious of: Tampa Bay.

Their team won the SuperBowl and the roster grew old.

Hired a fresh young coach and went about turning the roster over. Doing something this franchise has refused to do: rebuild.

Now they're a young group on the upswing with alot of potential that's yet to be realized.

Wish we were in that shape. :frown2:

Does anyone think it's just coincidence that Thompson had two huge plays against us on Sunday?

Does anyone think it's just coincidence that Thompson had two huge plays against us on Sunday?

I assume you mean Devin Thomas? And no, no coincidence. He was motivated, something he apparently wasn't when on the 'skins. But he will have to maintain a higher level of play and show consistency before he can truly claim the Redskins made a mistake in releasing him.

Do you mean Devin Thomas? Of course, he wanted to prove Shanahan wrong. He is also playing for his football life so at this point he is playing with extra zeal. Either way, I think the Giants picked him up for his knowledge of our team as much as his abilities on the field.

And Devin made them playing Special Teams, something he did well here in DC. Notice he didn't do squat on offense, something he needed to do here in DC but didn't.

Color me unsurprised.

Boone, I've despised the Cowbums for half a century-I disliked them before I even became a Redskins fan so the option of being a fan of the Cowbums simply does not exist for me.

Is Dallas better off as a a team than they were under Phillips? Yes. Garret's doing a creditable job of trying to right the ship but as has been pointed out-the Jerruh still owns the team and he is too meddlesome to aviod gunking up the works given time.

Andy Reid may wind up being hated by Redskins fans for "getting over" on us with McNabb-his deficiencies were schemed both for and around in Reid's system and have become more glaring here.

Shanahan? Interesting question-like other HCs he has pluses and minuses, a great game-coach tactician with what appears to be an unrelenting faith in his way of doing things whether or not evidence indicates it's working or not. It's still too early for me to cast ultimate judgement-I'm still of a mindset that expecting a complete turnaround in one season is unrealistic no matter who is at the helm given the absolutely dismal shape the team was in after such a long period of mismanagement and neglect.

But then, going back to a theme I can't get out my head-why the hell was he hired in the first place? To do a two-to-three season re-build from the ground up or a quick-fix "get this team winning as soon as possible so the fans will shut up their griping?"

But then, fans griped most loudly about who was running things and how they were doing it. Maybe this is simply is a response to that griping.

For a long time now fans have derided the idea-so prevalent in the past decade-of acquiring high-priced FAs with the promise of "this is what's going to put us over the top" and discover that a "big name player" or two applied as a band-aid wasn't going to fix problems that were systemic and based in the foundation like the Oline where glamourous names weren't much to be seen.

So the fans raised hell with the ownership and FO and said "We need need somebody else at the helm!" The yelling turned into screaming and season ticket cancellations and paper-bags worn over heads and uncomplimentary sweatshirts showing up at FedEx and....well...

Bye Vinny...Hello Bruce and Mike...the new team.

Now the ugly thought.

Are they here to build a team from the bottom up or as a band-aid? Big name FAs again?...this time from the coaching ranks? Their respective skills and deficiencies aside-they were hired to do a job and I don't know what that job is which is why I cannot criticize either Shanahan or Allen for a "win now" approach that seems to blow-up all to often. It may just be what their damn job description was when they were hired-what they're supposed to accomplish.

Are things different? Really? That's an ugly thought I'm dealing with.

That's the other reason I can't be a Dallas fan even if their playing decent football now. The Jerruh still owns them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.