World Cup 2022

I'm not a big soccer guy but i'll be in BGO chat today if anyone wants to jump in during the game. I may come and go, but i do plan on watching it.

US just cannot finish plays to save their life. Pulisic has the entire left side of the goal wide open and fires one more or less right at the goalie. Corner kicks that no one gets a leg on. Then another breakaway with no one between Pulisic and the goalie and he elects to pass instead of continuing his run and taking a shot.

Is Joe Barry Team USA’s defensive coordinator?

US getting to see what precision passing looks like.

I guess USA Soccer is making progress when…

He ain't wrong, lol. Ouch.

We were the better team for much of the match in every way except the one that counted most - clinical finishing.

If the Netherlands play against Argentina next week as they did in the first half today, Messi will make them pay for it in spectacular fashion.

The US needs a striker. With someone like a Kane or Lewandowski playing the #9 today, I think the Dutch would be the ones going home tomorrow.

World Cup Quote of the Day comes from Stu Holden talking about Richarlison's first against South Korea.

"Watch this, this goal is just pure filth."

LOL

He meant it in a very good way. Honest.

And Morroco bounces Spain 3-0 in a penalty shootout.

Only the second time In WC history that a team fails to score a penalty in a shootout. Not a good look for Spain.

And just like that, Brazil, the world #1 and favorite to win this tournament is going home.

Croatia is just amazing.

France is channeling the Vikings without Matt Ryan on the opposing side.

Fitting this World Cup should end with this kind of battle.

This is crazy.

And a great example of why teams should push for a 3rd at this level rather than defend the 2 goal lead.

I think Argentina is the better team but that doesn’t guarantee a win :)

I can’t imagine being a goalkeeper in this scenario.

Perfect ending

Well deserved.

So happy for Liam Neeson

Canada has qualified for the World Cup twice in the history of the competition and Argentina has won both time the Canadians participated. There is your useless fact of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.