The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Surprised no one has started this thread - is there no interest?

There are 32 teams. The United States is in Group B along with England, Iran, and Wales. England will face Iran today, while the US will open against Wales. Top 2 teams in each group advance after playing all group members. Today's game is a big one, because the US will likely beat Iran, but will have a very tough time beating England, one of the Cup favorites. Wales is in the World Cup for the first time since 1958.

U.S. MEN’S NATIONAL TEAM - 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB/COUNTRY; CAPS/GOALS; HOMETOWN)

HEADCOACH:
Gregg Berhalter. The USMNT's head coach has never coached in a World Cup soccer match.

GOALKEEPERS (3):
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town/ENG; 8/0; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 10/0; Lilburn, Ga.), Matt Turner (Arsenal/ENG; 20/0; Park Ridge, N.J.)

DEFENDERS (9): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic/SCO; 11/0; Southend-on-Sea, England), Sergiño Dest (AC Milan/ITA; 19/2; Almere, Netherlands), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 29/3; Oak Hills, Calif.), Shaq Moore (Nashville SC; 15/1; Powder Springs, Ga.), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 46/1; St. Louis, Mo.), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 29/2; Liverpool, England), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 3/0; Lake Grove, N.Y.), DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami CF; 75/0; Seattle, Wash.), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 33/3; Lawrenceville, Ga.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United/ENG; 24/6; Medford, N.J.), Kellyn Acosta (LAFC; 53/2; Plano, Texas), Tyler Adams (Leeds United/ENG; 32/1; Wappingers Falls, N.Y.), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 12/0; San Diego, Calif.), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 37/9; Little Elm, Texas), Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 19/0; London, England), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 32/0; Pico Rivera, Calif.)

FORWARDS (7): Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 15/7; McKinney, Texas), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders; 49/11; Mercer Island, Wash.), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 52/21; Hershey, Pa.), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 14/4; Bedford, N.Y.), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 20/5; O’Fallon, Mo.), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 25/3; Rosedale, N.Y.), Haji Wright (Antalyaspor/TUR; 3/1; Los Angeles, Calif.)

The 26-player squad is the USMNT’s second-youngest World Cup roster with an average age of 25.

Last edited:
I just came here to start this. LOL

Nice one, brother.

Look forward to your posts. I am totally unfamiliar with this current USMNT. I kind of tuned out when the men's team was unable to qualify in 2018 so I will be learning this team as they go.

I love the WC. Will be watching today.

Sad that some folks need to learn geography by watching the World Cup. SMDH

LOL - gotcha.

And no, I didn't notice the spelling. Honestly, I have gotten a bit numb to the ignorance displayed by our fellow countrymen and satire is now almost indistinguishable from that ignorance.

The USA v Wales match is 2pm Eastern today for those interested.

The USA is crushing it. I'm a little stunned if I'm honest.

Wales has the players to be trouble and the USA has not looked great leading up to this tournament but today we are dominating everything.

Great match so far!

I don't think I've ever seen this many yellow cards in a match - ever. Need to dial it down on both sides of the ball.

That was a really stupid penalty. The one thing you absolutely can't do.

Now we have to go find the winner we should have found already by this point.

1-0 is not a lead - it is a draw just waiting to happen.

8 minutes to go

They are playing with fire right now and Bale might just burn them.

Geez. This match should have been put to bed by 60 minute mark and here we are now in a dogfight just to hang on to a draw.

Not a lot of urgency from the US in the waning minutes.

Acosta just saved a goal and likely preserved the draw right there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.