• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

World Cup 2014

Sorry UK. That was a shocking result.

They aren't out yet though. Keep those fingers crossed, and hopefully they can recover to win the next match.

On another note, I'm 99% positive that Kaka is coming to Orlando City, and will sign a contract next week. We're pretty fired up down here, and should have a great inaugural season in MLS.

Well done Louis Suarez, you might not be wellcome in England much longer after last night but you will never go short of a pint north of the border.

Sorry UK. That was a shocking result.

They aren't out yet though. Keep those fingers crossed, and hopefully they can recover to win the next match.

Appreciate the sympathy vote. As previously stated, my ambitions before the tournament stretched no further than seeing some good games. However, after the Italy game, where we were a little unlikely, and probably put in our best performance since vs Holland in Euro96, I have to admit to having expectations raised to group qualification. We reverted to type and became as slow and predictable as we have for almost 20 years. Oddly comforting!

I hold absolutely zero hope of qualifying. The Italians, assuming they win tonight, will play out a bore draw with Uruguay in the final game.

Go USA!

One other note about USA-Ghana...

Was so glad to see the US win that one after it being so close four years ago. Just about every Ghana player feigned injury in the last ten minutes and into extra time in that match. It was disgusting to watch and nothing was done about it. Justice four years later is so sweet.

I don't know how far the USA will go, but making it to the next round would be huge. Encouraged thus far, but realistic too.

My fantasy final four for WC would be USA, England, Canada, and Australia. Yeah, that is nothing but a dream. :)

USA are going to have to step up their game considerably to beat Portugal. I was actually a bit surprised at how sloppily they played, particularly in the attacking end. Just not a lot of fluidity or control, either collectively or individually. Still and all, they did what Yank teams always do--were strong in goal and spirited, if not technical or particularly creative, everywhere else. Oh, and dangeous on set pieces. :)

Meanwhile, the underdog revolution continues: Costa Rica 1, Italy 0 at the half.

The latin teams are coming.

Game Day. Hard to exaggerate how big an opportunity this is for USA soccer. Lose and no one will be surprised. Win, and we take another huge step along the road to international relevance.

Yep. Can't wait until game time. And I think we'll see a very fired up and game Portugal, given this match is it for them if they don't win. USA! USA! USA!

no doubt i felt you deserved to win, it is never easy to accept a defeat in time added on.

But

Your still in the competition unlike many more illustrious nations (Scotland included in that, because we did not even qualify) so keep the faith Portugal still need a win in their last game, and a big one at that to knock you out.

now, I know I am not the smartest or quickest when it comes to stats but I KNOW I heard them say they added 4 more minutes to the end of regulation yet it went 5:30 over. Why do the refs get to keep time? Who in their right mind thought "I know, lets trust a referee!!"?

Its not truly sour grapes..but that was a shitty way to tie/lose.

now, I know I am not the smartest or quickest when it comes to stats but I KNOW I heard them say they added 4 more minutes to the end of regulation yet it went 5:30 over. Why do the refs get to keep time? Who in their right mind thought "I know, lets trust a referee!!"?

Its not truly sour grapes..but that was a shitty way to tie/lose.

It is actualy the result of very very poor explanation of what the board means.

when they hold up a number, that is the minimum number of minuites to be played. plus the referee is at liberty to add on extra time if he feels time is wasted during time added on.

Confused?

Yep no wonder it is a mess, they should make the game about 35 - 37 minuites each half and stop the clock (as they do in the NFL) when the ball goes out of play.

It is actualy the result of very very poor explanation of what the board means.

when they hold up a number, that is the minimum number of minuites to be played. plus the referee is at liberty to add on extra time if he feels time is wasted during time added on.

Confused?

Yep no wonder it is a mess, they should make the game about 35 - 37 minuites each half and stop the clock (as they do in the NFL) when the ball goes out of play.

Nah...out of play means nothing, that's a given. It is the injuries, cards and penalties that should be timed out. If the ball goes out of play, that is just a part of the action as far as I am concerned...even if a defender clears it out of bounds.

I gotta tell you, when I referee'd I kept time and we stopped the clock for injuries. But that was high school rules. I officiated as little club ball as possible, not enough pay, so no FIFA.

Good luck the U S A today, hope you get the result you need to progress

Hopefully they're allowed to play on that field, too!!

Survived the group of death to live for another day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.