• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WJLA: FedEx Requests Name Change

Wow! To top if off, the Redskins have been wiped from Nike.com

View attachment 4635

So this was in my email box this morning. Is this an 'EFF YOU' to Nike or are they just trying to dump all their inventory?

nike.png

Nike will pile on within 24 hours, then AD and other players. It's 2020, not 1983.

Nike’s quarterly revenue was just announced and it dived into the toilet. This is a red herring they’re using to distract from their numbers. I’d wager they’ve lost more from the results of their toxic wokeness than having any Redskins merch on their site.

If Fred Smith really had a social conscience he would have publicly stated his feelings years ago before someone threatened to reach into his pocket for some couch change 😛

I don’t have a problem with a name change if it were tied to something substantive.

If the Redskins changed their name to honor a tribal group as FSU does with Seminoles and went into a partnership with them that would be a substantive act.

But simply renaming the team the Warriors or Marauders and stenciling in a new logo on the helmet does what exactly for people that weren’t upset or interested in the issue in the first place?

So I have been watching the Twitter verse between pool time, and taking the boy to bass pro...thinking about buying a boat!

Anyway, from what I have seen all day, if Snyder sees it...he may stick to his guns. The consensus I've seen is that the name should stay, that few are actually offended by the name.

I have a fairly broad range of who I follow so I can get varying viewpoints, I don't want to live entirely in an echo chamber, I have my Conservative forums for that, so...

I will say I realize it's anecdotal but it is a wide ranging base.

Interestingly, I have seen a large number of the Redskins who base seems inclined to a new name change.

Nike can suck it. How much do they pay those kids in Vietnam a day to make $150 Air Jordans? A quarter? A dollar? If the danny were smart (And he's not) he should release a statement like this "We, the Washington REDSKINS, while reviewing options on the team name, discovered that one of our sponsors, Nike, pays children 25 cents a day to make shoes that costs a hundred dollars here in the US. And we also discovered that FedEx delivers goods made by slave labor overseas. We, being a socially aware team, no longer wish to do business with companies that encourage the use of child slave labor. We therefore will immediately terminate our mutual contracts with these slavers and will be considering a new name for the stadium until such time as a company that meets our high standards wishes to advertise with us." You boys and girls wanna "Get WOKE"? Let's get woke ALL THE WAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we all know that corporate whores don’t care about anything but optics.

They are willing to be on the side of the angels only if it materially benefits them.

Smith and Schar didn’t have any problem with ‘Redskins’ for years.

Their unease now is awfully convenient.

FedEx has been over the stadium since 2000, good luck trying to separate yourself from Snyder now.

Target and Walmart have now pulled all things Redskins...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.