• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Will any of our IR players be able to play in the playoffs ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
It's my understanding that IR players are eligible to play in the post-season, as long as they replace someone on the roster. Is that the only requirement ? Like, are we limited to bringing back just one player from IR ?

So then my question is, will any of our IR players be recovered enough, and physically capable of playing in the post-season if they are eligible ? This is the complete list below - and I realize some of them, like Fred Davis for example, definitely will not be ready by the time the playoffs come along. But any other players, perhaps ?

Yes, I realize, that we need to actually MAKE the playoffs first. But as fans, it doesn't hurt at all, to look ahead at the possibilities. It's only the players obviously, who need to look at one game at a time.

Bernstine, Jordan
Boyce, Dorson
Carriker, Adam
Davis, Fred
Davis, Tristan
Hanks, Darius
Helu, Jr., Roy
Meriweather, Brandon
Minnifield, Chase
Neild, Chris
Orakpo, Brian
Robinson, Keenan

Last edited:
It's funny that you are posting this now. I was just wondering how Helu was coming along. I never heard if he had surgery to fix his achilles problem. If it just required rest, I have to believe that he is ready to go again.

It's funny that you are posting this now. I was just wondering how Helu was coming along. I never heard if he had surgery to fix his achilles problem. If it just required rest, I have to believe that he is ready to go again.

If it's Achilles that's keeping Helu down, then that's the same problem Fred Davis had, which is supposed to put him out, until at least next season.

And if you could choose, but have only one player on the list healthy and ready to play, who might that be ?

:juggle:

The only IR change this year was the "designated to return" tag; the only player we used that on was Sundberg. Sorry, no IR'd players will be returning in the playoffs.

On a side note, we're now 6 or 7-1 when Sundberg is the long-snapper. Ha!

Incorrect information. Unless it's a new rule this year.

What about the time that T.O. was put on the IR by the Eagles, I think it was 2004 when they went to the Super Bowl against the Pats. Owens was out for the whole season, and he came back to play in the SB.
Wasn't he on the IR ?
Did the rules change since then ?

What about the time that T.O. was put on the IR by the Eagles, I think it was 2004 when they went to the Super Bowl against the Pats. Owens was out for the whole season, and he came back to play in the SB.
Wasn't he on the IR ?
Did the rules change since then ?
Didn't happen that way. Owens was hurt during the middle of the season, was NOT placed on IR, and was a surprise starter in the Super Bowl.

HGH anyone?

Naw, I'll stick with Human Growth Hormone.

As likely did, Owens, Suggs, and Peterson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.