• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who Wins? Redskins vs. Vikings

Who Wins? Redskins vs. Vikings

• Redskins win by 3 or less

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Vikings win by 3 or less

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Redskins win by at least 7

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Vikings win by at least 7

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Redskins win in a blowout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vikings win in a blowout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Who wins Sunday's home clash against the Vikings?

I picked the redskins. I just can't get over the fact that they have to eventually win at home...

The vikings are an interesting team because they seem to be doing better than they should be, but at the same time you are what your record says you are...

If we're to have a competitive year we need to do two things: not have back to back losses, and win at home.

To me this is a must win in ever sense of the word. The division is not running away from us, and what looked like an impossible back 3/4ths of a schedule is now turning out to not look so bad. If they want to be playing meaningful December football they have to win this game and get back to .500.

Dammit, Skins are due at home.

Zo got his heavy hit on the punt returner but didn't knock the ball loose last week.

Ax has anointed Kai as THE ANSWER, so FG's will pad the score.

Defense will get another TOver and we'll cash in for the good.

Skins with the W. Vikings are good, not great. This is a classic too-many-people-on-their-bandwagon game.

I picked the redskins. I just can't get over the fact that they have to eventually win at home...

The vikings are an interesting team because they seem to be doing better than they should be, but at the same time you are what your record says you are...

If we're to have a competitive year we need to do two things: not have back to back losses, and win at home.

To me this is a must win in ever sense of the word. The division is not running away from us, and what looked like an impossible back 3/4ths of a schedule is now turning out to not look so bad. If they want to be playing meaningful December football they have to win this game and get back to .500.

Hard to argue. What's killed the Redskins is that we haven't gotten an above average effort (or even an average one) from all 3 units in the same game. If we had been able to do that, we'd have 2 more wins right now. This is a winnable game that we should win at home.

As for the rest of the season, it will really come down to how we perform against our NFC East opponents, but if there is going to be any delusion about this team challenging for a wildcard spot, it has to start with a win Sunday. Period.

The Vikings win 13-12, after Forbath misses both extra points.

Sue me. I'm a Redskin fan. :(

Agreed Boone. It's plagued this team for the last 20 years. All 3 phases just never click at the same time; one (or two) always has to bail the other(s) out. Worst yet - it's never consistent. 4 weeks of a putrid defense brings a week 5 game against an incredible Falcons offense where they are held in check for majority of the game; our offense and kicker decided not to show up so we lose.

In some sense, having all 3 show up and play well could be considered a victory even if the final result is the Vikings winning (although I would argue all 3 showing up would mean a win). It's hard to fix problems when they seem to show up in a difference place every time you check :(

Ugh Jugband... get out of here with that nonsense.

:(

The "gotcha" games - just like I predicted against the Rams. This one is in reverse though. The Vikings are riding high and the Redskins are riding low.

The "gotcha" factor favors the Redskins by seven or more points. That is my pick.

good question mike. i'd love to see garcon be back to that first quarter we saw him week 1...

"Jugband, you're my younger brother, and I love you. But don't ever choose sides against the family again.

Ever.
"

Furthermore, let not that, which I hath bestowed my brilliant light upon, fall prey to the shadows of your lingering doubt. Fear not the air that lies between the posts of gold. For the space is now filled with the calming power, of true flight trajectories, carried from the foot of Kai, to the waiting scoreboard, on the wings of harking angels. And your heart, shall weep no more.

Oh yeah, Skins baby!
27-24

good question mike. i'd love to see garcon be back to that first quarter we saw him week 1...

You won't be seeing that till next season. This type of injury lasts until you give it complete rest for a long period of time. I've actually had the thought he should be IR'd, and give some of the youth a chance. I said it when it happened, this is the same as the effects of a stress fracture in the top of the foot.

Been there, done that...

The only bright spot, and it's ever so slight, about having injured myself enough for 3 lifetimes, is I understand many of the injuries common to sports.

I picked the Vikes to win in a blow-out, but let me explain why.

We have new carpet getting layed first thing in the morning, so combine that with a late start (7.30am here), and I doubt I'll get the chance to log in. When I don't log in, we tend to win!

When I pick the 'Skins to win, we usually lose, so I've picked the Vikes this week.

So, with everything combined, when I do eventually log in and check the scores, I won't be surprised to see that we won!

I have been hesitant and nervous to make a prediction this week, in fear of ruining my perfect record, of predicting both the winner, and the margin of win, since starting this 2 games ago.

But here goes.

I was about to pick the Skins. But the thought of the Vikes having beaten the 49ers by 11 points, and holding them to 13 points, scares me.

I'm picking on Overtime win by the Vikes where they score a TD and win by 6.

By the way, there's no option in the poll to pick a winning margin of between 4 and 6 points.
Isn't it slightly redundant to give options for both "7 points or more" and "by a blowout" ?
I know not all 7+ margins are blowouts, but all blowouts are of course, 7 points or more :)

Last edited:
Yep - and we called it in this thread.

The "gotcha" games - just like I predicted against the Rams. This one is in reverse though. The Vikings are riding high and the Redskins are riding low.

The "gotcha" factor favors the Redskins by seven or more points. That is my pick.

<Pats Self On The Back>

<Goes 5-7 Thus Far In BGO Game To Look Like A Moron>

My reverse psychology worked! The new carpet is down so I'm now able to plug in the modem, I've checked the scores and there it is, a W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.