• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who stands alone at the top after today?

Who leads the NFC East at the end of the day?

• Redskins

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Giants

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
In a tight and unpredictable NFC East, will any of the 3 leaders take a step forward today and seize tentative control of the division?

The Redskins face an always tough Colts squad at home in the national spotlight night game - a stage that hasn't been kind to them in recent years. Will Shanahan and his Redskins show it's a new day (and night) in 2010 by, against the odds, vanquishing the Colts?

Will the Eagles, with Kevin Kolb at QB, stop the surprising Falcons in their tracks at the Linc this afternoon?

And will the Giant's juggernaut continue today - can they win one at home against a Lions team they should handle easily, or will they continue the Jeckyl and Hyde act that's become so familiar?

What say you? Who leads the NFC East when the dust settles today?

I know.
For that reason alone, this may be the
greatest.
poll.
ever. :)

Gotta hope that the Vikings are even more desperate than Dallas is this week. 1-4 would be a beautiful thing and would set off absolute panic mode in Big D. A guy can dream, can't he?

I'm ashamed to admit that I said the Giants. Though I don't think it's necessarily true that one team will be alone in first place. I fully expect the Skins game to closely resemble the GB game; though hopefully with fewer injuries. It should come down to the wire once again, and hopefully we'll keep winning these close games.

But I still think the Giants are the best team in the East. Eli is the best QB in the division, IMO. Even though he doesn't put up the numbers Romo does, Romo's stats ring just a little hollow for me. You expect him to make the key mistake in clutch situations, whereas Eli is at his best with the game on the line.

Dallas' RBs are probably a hair better than NYG, just because they can run in three solid guys, and the Giants have basically two. But the difference is mitigated by the Giants having the better o-line.

The Giants defense gets the edge too. Dallas is just as good at getting after the QB, but the Giants are better against the run, I think.

It's funny though, I still, five weeks in, have no idea how good my own team is. I believe we're good. I don't believe we're first-place good. The defense bends way too far for my taste; and it's been my experience that when that happens, it usually breaks eventually.

McNabb is good but not great. He reminds me of Steve Young at times, but at other times, he reminds me of Jason Campbell. Torain's a good, young back, but I don't have a ton of confidence in him just yet. The o-line is a lot like McNabb; sometimes really good. Sometimes really bad.

I said before the season that I'd be happy with 7-9 this year, followed by marked improvement next year. But this team is tugging at my heart strings again. I want to believe we're a first place team. But if I allow myself to do that, I'm afraid it'll be yanked away again.

I know I'm kind of rambling here, but it was a "Sleep-In Sunday" today. And I'm just starting on my second cup of coffee. I reserve the right to edit and/or clarify this post once I fully wake up. :)

I don't buy Manning is a better QB than McNabb - it's not even close in my book. I think we forget that McNabb is in a brand new offense, with brand new coaches and players. That he's looked as good as he has this year so far tells you how good he really is. Comparing him with the above factors to any of the other NFC East QBs isn't really apples to oranges.

I think it's very difficult to know who is going to grab control of the division this year. That's what makes it so exciting. But someone will lead today - given tie breakers, etc..

I think we could pull off a win tonight - not because we're a better team than the Colts - we're not. But we've yet to put two solid halves together and I just have a feeling we might finally do that tonight.

I don't buy Manning is a better QB than McNabb - it's not even close in my book. I think we forget that McNabb is in a brand new offense, with brand new coaches and players. That he's looked as good as he has this year so far tells you how good he really is. Comparing him with the above factors to any of the other NFC East QBs isn't really apples to oranges.

Do you really think McNabb is more accurate than Eli? Do you really think he's better at leading the clutch must-score drive than Eli? Do you really think he's going to put up the numbers Romo will?

He's definitely better than Kolb/Vick/Kafka. I think that's where the "he's definitelies" stop though.

You could come back and say, "Well, he's a leader," or something that can't be quantified. But by all the measurables, Eli's the guy, IMO. (Not that I'm down on McNabb. I'm not. At all. I just think he's #2 in the division. But that's a lot better than we've been in a LONG time.)

Boone said:
I think it's very difficult to know who is going to grab control of the division this year. That's what makes it so exciting. But someone will lead today - given tie breakers, etc..

I gotcha. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying one team would be 4-2 alone. By your standard, we're already alone in first place. Here's to keeping it that way. :cheers:

Boone said:
I think we could pull off a win tonight - not because we're a better team than the Colts - we're not. But we've yet to put two solid halves together and I just have a feeling we might finally do that tonight.

I agree completely. We're not better than GB either; as you pointed out after the game. Coming into this season, I didn't think we were better than Dallas or Philly. But I also thought we WERE better than the Rams. All of that just adds to my inability to nail down just how good we are; or aren't.

Another big part of it is just expecting to be the same old Redskins, I guess. There have been so many times in the last 20 years or so that I though "OK, this is what's gonna turn us around." Everytime, I've been disappointed. Expecting this surprise start to be taken away is probably a defense mechanism of sorts; and one that I'll hopefully be able to let go of as the season progresses.

I'm with you, though. I definitely could see us beating the Colts. We've played right with every good team on the schedule so far, and gone 3-1 against them. I definitely don't think the Colts come in and blow us out. We're better than that. How much? I have no idea.

Do you really think McNabb is more accurate than Eli? Do you really think he's better at leading the clutch must-score drive than Eli? Do you really think he's going to put up the numbers Romo will?

He's definitely better than Kolb/Vick/Kafka. I think that's where the "he's definitelies" stop though.

You could come back and say, "Well, he's a leader," or something that can't be quantified. But by all the measurables, Eli's the guy, IMO. (Not that I'm down on McNabb. I'm not. At all. I just think he's #2 in the division. But that's a lot better than we've been in a LONG time.)

It's cool - it's a matter of preference. But McNabb IS a more accurate passer, contrary to urban legend. Look it up. McNabb has a 58.9% career completion percentage to Manning's 57.5%. McNabb is known for throwing the occasional inexplicable worm-burner, so it leads folks to think he's not very accurate.

I'd give McNabb the edge in almost every category. He's dangerous with his feet (still), makes better overall decisions, and throws far fewer interceptions (2.1% vs. 3.2% for Manning). Manning - when he's playing well - looks like an all-Pro. On his best day, he might be a better QB. But he's a streaky player and there are few seasons where he doesn't have a run of pretty bad games.

I just prefer McNabb and the stats support that preference (minus Super Bowl wins that is).

I actually think the most likely outcome today is either 2 or 3 teams with a 4-2 record. I think the Eagles and Giants both win, and I view the Redskins and Dallas games as toss-ups.

Would be something to have the Eagles, Giants, and Redskins all at 4-2 and Dallas at 1-4.

It's cool - it's a matter of preference. But McNabb IS a more accurate passer, contrary to urban legend. Look it up. McNabb has a 58.9% career completion percentage to Manning's 57.5%. McNabb is known for throwing the occasional inexplicable worm-burner, so it leads folks to think he's not very accurate.

I'd give McNabb the edge in almost every category. He's dangerous with his feet (still), makes better overall decisions, and throws far fewer interceptions (2.1% vs. 3.2% for Manning). Manning - when he's playing well - looks like an all-Pro. On his best day, he might be a better QB. But he's a streaky player and there are few seasons where he doesn't have a run of pretty bad games.

I just prefer McNabb and the stats support that preference (minus Super Bowl wins that is).

Good points, Boone. I think Manning is a very, very good QB, but I don't put him anywhere near the top tier in the NFL. McNabb has the edge slightly for me. That will change in the next couple of years, but for now, McNabb's escapability is huge.

Plus, there's the Manning Face. You can't really go for a guy like that, can you, Hog?

I held my nose and made the vote. Got a bad feeling about the Indy game - like it will be very one-sided and the home team struggles. Hope I'm wrong.

Boone, I think you should have included an option for a two or three way tie in the vote-since both New York and Philly won, if we can pull it off there could be three at 4-2.

The Dallas-Minnesota thing is an old hatred going both ways for me. I developed my intense dislike for both teams back in the 1960s when George Allen was still with the Bears. The best thing for me is that one of them is destined to lose.

It would be nice, however, to see the Cowbums and their "Not quite Coach of the Year" at 1-4.

The Eagles and Giants won today. So they are 4-2. Needless to say, a loss against the Colts drops us to 3-3. I can't help thinking about the losses to the Rams and the Texans and hope it does not come back to bite us big time. This is the time to start putting some separation in the division. Considering that we have only won 1 game outside the divison, we need to pick it up and change this. I know lots of folks are saying "but we have we are 2-0 in division". This becomes useless if we finish 8-8 for the season. I figure that the Gaints and the Eagels will finish with about 10 wins and we better finish there if the number of division wins is going to mean anything.

There's no question - if the Redskins can eke out a tough win tonight, that would be huge. Ultimately you are correct, the first line of defense is overall record. I think Philly and the Giants are both capable of mounting a run.

Only good news today so far? Dallas just went down by a touchdown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.