• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who do you start the next 2 weeks?

Who should start the final 2 games?

• Taylor Heinicke

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Go ahead and give me my lashing.

We were bad with Wentz.

No lashing warranted. Look - Heinicke had 4 weeks to lead us to a secure playoff spot. Likely a single win does so. And he couldn’t get it done. Not all on him but 5 fumbles in 3 games and unable to make red zone plays when needed. It was reasonable to hope Wentz could provide some offense. Unfortunately the coaches had no one, particularly Wentz, ready to play. Of course, possible no one could get Wentz’s head straight enough to play 4 good quarters of football. Maybe one of the worst coaching efforts of the past 20 years today against a Browns team that’s not good.

Green Bay is up 27-3 at halftime vs. Minnesota. That pretty much is going to seal our season. If Howell is not given the start next week, it is absolute malpractice.

Green Bay is up 27-3 at halftime vs. Minnesota. That pretty much is going to seal our season. If Howell is not given the start next week, it is absolute malpractice.
Chris Paul needs to start at guard too...

On the GB game, it's almost like they know a playoff spot is at stake....

Last edited:
.Any Howell but Wentz.....

Thurston_Howell,_III.jpg

Wentz is a write off.At 30 he reminds me of Jeff George.

may as well start Howell against Dallas.

better to admit the mistake.

No lashing warranted. Look - Heinicke had 4 weeks to lead us to a secure playoff spot. Likely a single win does so. And he couldn’t get it done. Not all on him but 5 fumbles in 3 games and unable to make red zone plays when needed. It was reasonable to hope Wentz could provide some offense. Unfortunately the coaches had no one, particularly Wentz, ready to play. Of course, possible no one could get Wentz’s head straight enough to play 4 good quarters of football. Maybe one of the worst coaching efforts of the past 20 years today against a Browns team that’s not good.

I was just talking with my family about this. Four straight weeks where 1 or maybe 2 wins gets you to the playoffs. Particularly if those wins were against the Giants and they couldn't get it done. Making the switch was a desperations move. I don't know if anyone was expecting an MVP level performance today. But it was really, really bad.

We also discussed the coaching. It's frustrating when players can't make plays, especially when it's the QB. But what makes it even worse is knowing that he coaches are doing a worse job than the players on the field. 4th and inches and put in the backup RB and run a toss. 3rd and medium and you empty the backfield telling the defense to blitz and they do and overwhelm the o-line. Just two examples off the top of my head, but it's been a seasons worth of this.

The silver lining in this is that they will now realize they need improvement. No moral victory of making the playoffs. They will get rid of Wentz like we all expected. We know Heinicke is a backup and will be treated as such. I have no idea what they will do with Howell, but they really need to play him. Look at what Stidham did in Las Vegas today. Look at what Purdy is doing in SF. Even Dobbs with Tennessee showed some promise for the Titans. Ridder wasn't great with Atlanta, but they are getting a look at him. It's time for this team to play Howell just to see what he has. I know that Dallas will be playing for the Division title, so they will be playing with all they have. But if the options are trying to beat Dallas with Heinicke and 17 points, Wentz and his 3 turnovers, or a rookie you don't know what you have, give me the rookie.

My gut is they will go back to Heinicke. I don't know what in God's name so terrifies them about playing a rookie QB, but they seem to be totally opposed to it. I think these coaches know they are dead men walking and they have no incentive to see what a rookie can do.

You are probably right on all fronts there. Rivera was fired in Carolina after a new owner took over. I'm guessing he sees the same thing happening and if that is the case, then he doesn't care about the team development. He only cares about what he can do to make sure he can get another job somewhere. Which won't be playing a rookie.

I just looked it up. There were 9 QBs drafted in 2022. Do you know how many have not played a single snap this year? Three. Chris Oladokun who was drafted by Pittsburgh in the 7th round, was cut and is now on the Chiefs practice squad. Matt Coral who got hurt in the preseason. The other of course is Howell. And most of those teams know what they have in the other QBs drafted, except Washington.

Pickett (PIT)- Possible franchise QB
Ridder (ATL) - Is playing and has looked ok, but he got his first win today
Willis (TEN)- Looks like a bust
Coral (CAR) - Injured
Zappe (NE) - Showed some promise when he played
Howell (WAS) - ??????
Oladokun - ?????
Thompson (MIA) - Has played a few games due to injuries in Miami. Not great, but serviceable.
Purdy (SF) - The next Tom Brady? Joking of course, but a late round guy stepping in and leading his team to the playoffs will draw comparisons.

So what are these coaches doing? Why do they not want to know what they have in Howell after seeing some success other teams have in playing their rookies and even veterans who have not gotten a chance before. There is no hope with the other guys. And after the results of this weeks decision, can it really get worse? I mean, it can, but at the same time, not really. You can't lose your shot at the playoffs again, that's already gone.

The way I see it is this team has nothing to lose by not playing Howell and nothing to win by turning to Heinicke or Wentz. Rivera has proven his teams have no carryover so winning the last game won’t generate momentum and it won’t build goodwill The only downside to starting Howell is if looks amazing then it makes the coaches look stupid.

Heinicke brings energy and gets the players excited. Young and him have a special connection that Wentz couldn't buy.

If we stop letting turner call the worst plays in the NFL we might actually win

Wentz to me is done.

He is so far away from the player he was in 2017 he reminds me a bit of Robert Griffin post-injury playing in Cleveland.

I would start Howell.

But Rivera will start Taylor to try and get to 8-8-1 and .500.

My goodness…you all actually wanted Wentz to start the last two weeks of the season???

Are you all crazy???

On his WORST day, Heinicke is still 10 times better than Wentz.

Wentz was horrible the first 6 games of the season and he was even more horrible against the Browns. He is damaged goods in the head, that is his biggest problem. I doubt Wentz will ever play another NFL game after his total implosion against the Browns.

Bold choice though. I mean, who saw John Beck coming?

Remember 1 January 2023 forever, guys…the day that Carson Wentz completely blew up in your faces against the Browns!!

I hope you all had an enjoyable experience recovering at the hospital!

You all are CLUELESS!! The perfect fans for a Dan Snyder owned team!!

And it’s plainly obvious that Rivera can’t evaluate QB play for shit and he should be fired. He is easily the worst head coach and GM in the league right now.

No other coach would have been stupid enough to start the mentally fragile choker Wentz in a must-win game against the Browns. That was easily the worst coaching decision in the history of this franchise.

Remember Osaka!

You should root for the ravens hahahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.