• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Whither Fred Davis?

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Perhaps the most disappointing returning player has been Davis.

First he was in the dog house and now he is hurt again.

We need to get out of the Davis business in 2014, he has wasted enough of our time.

It's not only disappointing but a bit perplexing. When he went down last year RG3 was using him as an outlet a LOT and his absence was significant IMO. I expected a bump in production from that area with his return and have been mildly surprised it hasn't happened.

Last edited:
Been saying it for years. He's a loser. Long past time to cut bait.

Isn't that the reason we went with Reed in the draft.... a replacement for Davis if he didn't produce this season. Having two dangerous TE's would have been nice, but I can live without Davis....

He's a bum.

He's about the dumbest person I've ever seen speak into a microphone, and his play doesn't show much intelligence either.

He was a waste of money, a waste of a draft pick, and a waste of a roster spot.

Why wait until 2014? Cut his worthless ass now, or try and trade him. I'm sure the Dolphins would send us at least a bag of footballs and a kicking tee for his services...

$5 million extension in 2012 after a 2nd drug suspension.

$2 million contract in 2013 coming off achilles injury.

In 2012 I screamed at the top of my lungs this waste needed to be cut! The drug suspension was enough.
Last off-season everyone kept saying it was a bargain...

$7 million wasted in 2 seasons where we had $35 million in cap money stripped from us.

That is the difference between Aqib Talib starting opposite David Amerson instead of Deangelo Hall!

What was the deal with Davis on Sunday ?
If he was hurt, then why was he not on the Inactive List ?
If I'm not mistaken, he was active on Sunday, but did not play.
So that made me assume he was simply in the dog-house, and not injured.
Is that correct ?

If I'm not mistaken, he was active on Sunday, but did not play.
So that made me assume he was simply in the dog-house, and not injured.
Is that correct ?

Pretty sure he played, think he was the target on that bomb to the end zone corner that missed, PI was called but they picked up the flag 'cause of uncatchable ball.
The dog house thing is due to missed assignments a couple of games ago, last game he had the ankle, may have been limited for Raiders and Paulson needed for blocking and protect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.