• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Cut Was a Mistake?

Which cut was a mistake?

• CB Jimmy Moreland

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • WR Antonio Gandy-Golden

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • RB Peyton Barber

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • S Jeremy Reaves

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • WR Isaiah Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G Wes Martin

• LB David Mayo

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CB Danny Johnson

• QB Steven Montez

• None - they got it right

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (please comment)

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The WFT made it's preliminary cuts to get to 53 yesterday, although the roster is still likely to change with possible signings/waiver wire pick-ups today.

Which of the cuts makes you the most queasy and why?

I wil add that as an option, certainly a valid choice!

Until I see what they do at LB, I have to say Mayo. He probably isn't a starter in the NFL at this point, but he looked like a viable backup to me. Particularly on a team without any other proven viable backups.

Show me, Ron.

Until I see what they do at LB, I have to say Mayo. He probably isn't a starter in the NFL at this point, but he looked like a viable backup to me. Particularly on a team without any other proven viable backups.

Show me, Ron.

Changed mine to Mayo as well. I was a fan of what Barber could do in short yardage, but we do have other guys with short yardage potential, so it's not a huge deal we moved on. I was also a bit surprised that they let Wes Martin go.

Del Rio is gonna suit up if he can get 55 from Holcomb.

Reactions: Om
I went with Mayo and Moreland. Surprised by both of them.

Moreland supposedly has a banged up knee and was an injury cut. Gotta wonder if they don't ultimately bring him back.

Martin and Barber for me, not saying it was a mistake as the question pertains but surprised more so

If I could pick more than one, I might add those two. Folks constantly say 'any good RB should be able to succeed in short yardage situations'. But the reality is, it's not a skill every RB has. Barber definitely had it. Can Gibson (who has struggled to stay healthy so far) be that guy? Is Patterson's size a plus or minus in short yardage? I don't think it's an unreasonable risk to take to cut Barber, but the truth is we don't know for sure if Gibson or Patterson can be a reliable short yardage back. Not yet anyway.

It comes down to exactly what you stated, we've seen Barber do it which makes it interesting to see him cut, how many years did we see 3rd and 1 and not have someone to punch it through the gut and instead we're passing. Hopefully someone else steps up, personally I don't see Gibson as a 3rd and short bang through the pads back at this point.

I think the same thing that makes Gibson an electric back at times, his ability to pause, find the right hole, and then explosively hit it, may not always serve him well in short-yardage. Those situations call for zero hesitation, hitting the hole immediately with decisiveness. I think that is more aligned with Jaret Patterson's game. We'll see who they rely on but hopefully one of them thrives in that role so we are not seeing rollouts or trick plays on 4th and half a yard.

I will say Jeremy Reaves. Based on his play last year (although in limited snaps), he was the fifth highest graded safety in the league. He seemed to make some big plays and was around the ball a lot in that late season run the team made. He was a guy that just kept grinding last year, worked his way off the practice squad, and made it count. I personally feel there is always a spot for guys like Reaves, who will run through a wall for their coach, on a roster.

That’s a great choice. At the end of last season, if you’d have said he would be an outright cut, it would’ve been shocking. He apparently is a PSer so his final chapter may not be written.

Interesting and maybe a bit surprising that none of our waived players were pursued by other teams. WFT fan conventional wisdom is that we have ‘so much talent’ but truth is that no one wanted any of our bubble guys. I think that *could* be an indicator that we are overrating our roster talent.

***Actually, that's not accurate. Steven Montez was signed, but as far as I can tell, that was it - and he was hardly the guy fans thought was uber-talented :)

Last edited:
I just went through the list of cuts for all 32 teams, there's really not a surprise throughout the league that I think got cut early other than Karl Joseph and poor Brett Rypien, drafted by the place college QB's go to die and now cut (I'm not stating he is an NFL caliber player but if I was a rookie QB I sure as hell wouldn't want to be anywhere near Denver).

I'd sign Brett Rypien as a PS QB in a heartbeat.

I guess Sims is the only one I am watching.
Montez will be a situational player so not too concerned.

Look for others on the PS to be brought up when needed. Moreland is a weird situation

BGO members are smart.

Darrick Forest to IR.
LB David Mayo is signed to the active roster.

Mayo was brought back as a special teams stud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.