• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's the next shoe to drop?

What's the next shoe to drop?

• New owner is announced

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Ron Rivera resigns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ron Rivera is fired

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Turner is fired

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Wouldn't it be nice if McVay or Kingsbury came here as OC and took over HC?

I thought he was up for HC?

It is funny. What's even funnier is I'd be calling him if I were Rivera.

Bienemy is looking for a head coaching opportunity, he isn't coming here as an OC under a dinosaur like Ron Rivera.

We are going to end up with a retread coordinator who has a history running a ball control offense where the quarterback is a game manager type.

That is what Ron is comfortable with.

The last thing he seems to want to aspire to is having a Patrick Mahomes or Justin Herbert type that is going to be a focal point for the organization.

Hence all of the preliminary interest in Jimmy G before he was hurt last offseason.

I think Reich is a distinct possibility - he’s a Rivera kind of guy from a temperament and character POV.

On Bienemy, I think there are rumors floating around that are being misinterpreted. I think the rumor is that he might be in a new owner’s sights for the HC job in 2024, not as a coordinator for us which is a laughable idea.

I agree that Reich is a legitimate possibility. He's the same generation as Ron and grew up in the league working for some of the same people.

Ron might actually listen to him (a bit).

It seems clear that Martin Mayhew is pressuring Rivera to go back to a stone age offense and Reich as a more liberated OC would have to counter-balance that tendency with a move for a legitimate quarterback prospect.

We will have met Bienemy and made him ours.

I can't blame him. Better to choose your own exit and landing then to be shown the door with no where to go.

Yep. Happy about it for that Chris. Not happy about it for this one.

Defensive Pass Game Coordinator.

The league keeps coming up with new titles to satisfy/justify the “promotion” requirement to hire coaches away from their teams. Don’t really have a problem with it, just noting the progression.

Yeah, I had that same thought.

I just got offered an assistant head coach/quality control internship. My chief responsibility will be keeping the Gatorade tank full, but it does come with a Head Coach title.

Think I should go for it?

Hey, if you are a veteran NFL coach and have a son that is looking to break into the league and get his feet wet by all means come to Washington :3some:

Scott Turner leaves and now we have Ken Zampese in the mix.

Does Don Coryell have a grandson at South Texas State that is ready to coach in the league? Get Rivera and Martin Mayhew his phone number :D

Being a little more serious, Washington for all its woes is a great incubator of coaches: McVay, Shanahan, O'Donnel, LaFeur.

Use this team as a spring board. Everyone else does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.