• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's the Key to a Win Against the Bucs?

What's the Key to a Big Win Against the Bucs?

• Terrorize the rookie QB. Grass stains baby!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Jim Zorn's red-zone playcalling = money

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No Jason Campbell turnovers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our vaunted defense actually plays like one.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The wave - and lots of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive line play.

• Holding the Bucs on 3rd Down

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
We know Sunday's game is the mother of all 'must-wins', but what's the biggest key to getting the job done in impressive fashion and turning this train wreck around?

I voted for Zorn making great red zone calls. We move the ball up and down the field between the 20s as well as any team in the NFL but its like we hit the E brake once we cross that forbidden zone.

If it would have been on there I would have voted for our D getting the other team off the field on 3rd downs. Actually I guess playing like a vaunted D was close enough but I still chose red zone.

Option added :)

Call me a homer, but I don't there is any one thing the Redskins will do that will earn them a victory! I simply feel they are going to come out and click on most cylinders.

Redskins 24 - Bucs 7

Last edited:
3rd down conversions - converting ours and stopping theirs.

Holding the Bucs on third down will help Jason Campbell get more time, but is only really a positive if Bugel can show them how to get away with it.

I agreed with Mike on this one-red zone play calling. If the Skins had been even average on red zone success, they'd be no worse than 2-1 going into this game. Given the Buc's less than stellar D-the red zone should be within reach several times during the game-the play calling there will make the difference, I think.

I think this one is going to be on the defense. Last week we had a rookie QB. This week we have a 2nd year guy making his first start. He MUST be punished. He can't be allowed to have the time that Stafford had last week. If we play our DBs 10 yards off all of the receivers and play zone all day we are asking for a closer game than it should be.

If the defense can do the job they are capable of doing this game shouldn't be close. Then again, I was wrong last week.

The team needs to come out and do something positive right away and get the fans into the game. If the D gives up an early score and the offense sputters then look out.

You forgot to add: Insert Todd Collins at QB. ;)

Well, nobody voted for 'No Jason Campbell turnovers.' And despite four of them the Redskins won. I guess the voters were correct not to pick that one.

What is required to win most of these first half games?

Showing up with a pulse at kickoff.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

What is required to win most of these first half games?

Showing up with a pulse at kickoff.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Didn't you hear? This is the easy part of the schedule. They don't need to have a pulse to cruise through this part :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.