• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's our biggest offseason position of need?

Where do we need help the most this offseason?

• Cornerback

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Tight End

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Offensive Line

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Veteran QB

• Kicker

• Return Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB

• WR

• Safety

• Linebacker

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I did not include DL with the current tagging of Daron Payne and the return of Phidarian Mathis. We are clearly good at punter as well.

Where do we need help the most this offseason? Select your top 3 spots.

Apparently Rivera and Bienemy think they need another RB as they have visited with a number of them at the combine. Weird to me as I think we are more than set there, but maybe they know something we don't. Or are they just doing their 'due diligence'?

Multiple votes allowed, huh?

Can I vote for Oline twice? No? Damn...

OL is by far the biggest need in my opinion. Hoping a new coordinator can scheme around all that is a bit of a stretch. Yes, they can scheme around it, but even Tampa last year with a beat up like was seeing Brady get crushed. And this is a guy who beats pressure all the time with quick throws. So you see the impact a bad line could even have on the GOAT. This is the most important need.

The second biggest need is LB, but even with that weakness, you saw how Del Rio was able to get the defense to play well this season. Filling those holes on D should make it better, but we’ve seen them be able to do well with what they have.

Reactions: Om
If at least four new offensive linemen at a minimum are not added to this team via free agency/ the draft, I am going to throw something.

A year ago, Daniel Jeremiah had Sam Howell rated in his top 50 eligible prospects. As well, it also wasn't that long ago that there was once talk that he could have potentially been a top pick in the draft. Regardless of how you slice it, this is a kid that brings with him some upside and promise. All that means nothing though if you are fearing for your life every time you drop back to pass. Help set Sam up for some success so that you can have a much more accurate evaluation of him come season's end.

Apparently Rivera and Bienemy think they need another RB as they have visited with a number of them at the combine. Weird to me as I think we are more than set there, but maybe they know something we don't. Or are they just doing their 'due diligence'?

I’ve heard somewhere that you can almost bet AGAINST connecting combine visits with drafting players. Almost like they will interview guys they know they can’t get, just in case, but don’t interview their targets so they don’t show their hands. They’ll also interview 7 RBs, when they only have their eyes on 1 guy if he’s available late. It’s silly season.

Well fellas, Picking up a RB somewhere in the draft would probably be a good idea.

McKissic is in serious doubt with his neck
Patterson is a novelty and not a serious contributor
Williams is a JAG

So that leaves BRob and Gibson.

And who knows what will happen with Gibson because it seems like the only ones that value him/see the possibilities with his talent is the fanbase. Rivera always seems hesitant when talking about him.

Maybe that changes with EB?

If by 'just a guy' you mean Williams is an average NFL RB - I agree. His yds/carry is literally the NFL median. I think Williams, a former 5th round pick, is actually a better back than his stats might indicate. When he was called on he ran hard, especially in short yardage situations, and he's also got pretty good hands catching the ball. But to your point, we've got two really great ones, an average sub, and nothing else. They've got to move on from McKissic both because he can't stay healthy, and because he probably needs to retire before he gets permanently hurt. Patterson? I'm not really interested in arguing about him. He looked good at the end of the year in garbage time but I think if he were a #1 or #2 capable back we'd know it by now.

So maybe you are right. I guess I was making my statement in the context of 'of all the things we need, RB is not among the top 3 or 4 areas'.

In keeping with the theme of the thread:

OL
LB
CB
TE

I'm voting OL and kicker, lots of important games come down to the kicker and I don't think we've had a consistent one since what John Hall's first season in DC?

"formally"

Heard we talked to close to 10 RBs and from reports, felt like similar number of TEs.

You notice how nobody is talking about us visiting with CBs either... despit that being 'the position of need" in the first round...

The world doesn't seem to understand just exactly how much attention this team has put into the defense in recent years. In the last 6 drafts we have done the following on defense:

5 1st round picks (4 DL, 1 LB)
2 2nd round picks (1 DL, 1 LB)
2 3rd round picks (2 CB)
3 4th round picks (3 S)

And two of those years we didn't have a 2nd round pick.

Last edited:
McShays recent mock draft has us taking CB Devon Witherspoon out of Illinois - with Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson Jr. and Broderick Jones (OL) already off the board

Berrios is a pretty good return man - can do both punt and kickoff returns. He's AVERAGED almost 25 yds per kickoff return over 4 seasons with the Jets, and just under 12 yds per punt return on average.

I hated when they let Carter go. Another dumb Rivera move if you ask me. Berrios is even better on returns :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.