• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What We're (Still) About

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you guys think I take the simple route and just refer to him as G.? :)

On a more topic-specific note. The occasional outbursts of "spleen-venting" are common to every fan forum I've visited-as Canadian Hog alluded to-it's part of the passion of being a fan. Things got so hot and heavy in a thread on that Packers site I visit one of the mods locked the thread and then deleted all the posts! So see, we're not quite the most uncivilized barbarians in the NFL fan world (some other teams have forums that border on being a forest fire of flame wars-yuck). It does get testy around these parts at times, though, I must say that sometimes it's like watching a verbal rugby scrum, but all in all I think everybody here does an above average job of keeping things from being too bloody :)

did I miss something?

Sons of Washington has been one of the most user friendly Skins blogs on the net. yea...there are barbs traded over pet themes....but nothing really nasty. cmon.....I've been occupied elsewhere lately...what have I missed? who's going at it? details man...details!

We're not talking about energetic back and forth or 'barbs', we're talking about personal insults, posts that are disrespectful, and feuding members who disregard repeated requests from staff to chill or take it to PM. And serv and fan - you are no doubt correct that venting is common and expected on all NFL boards, and that we do far better here than on most sites. It's all relative. I'd just point out that building a 'community' feel and sense of camaraderie (for all members, not just the chosen favored few) doesn't happen in a vacuum -it happens because it's expected, members self-police, and we don't excuse nasty behavior because someone's having a bad day or we just had a terrible loss.

And again, if you'll read the initial post - that's really all we're reminding folks of. If it doesn't apply to you personally, carry on.

We're not talking about energetic back and forth or 'barbs', we're talking about personal insults, posts that are disrespectful, and feuding members who disregard repeated requests from staff to chill or take it to PM. And serv and fan - you are no doubt correct that venting is common and expected on all NFL boards, and that we do far better here than on most sites. It's all relative. I'd just point out that building a 'community' feel and sense of camaraderie (for all members, not just the chosen favored few) doesn't happen in a vacuum -it happens because it's expected, members self-police, and we don't excuse nasty behavior because someone's having a bad day or we just had a terrible loss.

And again, if you'll read the initial post - that's really all we're reminding folks of. If it doesn't apply to you personally, carry on.

The reason why the Packers board is so raucous, it's called alcohol :laugh:

There's nothing to do in Green Bay other than to watch the Packers and obsess over every pimple that Aaron Rodgers gets on his face.

aye, aye! Just didn't want to miss anything juicy! I have truly been busy lately and not tracking.

Again, I apologize for being upset with a couple of people after last week's loss. After a few days of simmering down and staying low key, things will be better - win or lose.

I'm still a member at other places, but this establishment is a family. In my home, family always comes first and are treated as such. I hope to apply those principles to our family in this home of the best fans on earth.

I'm pretty sure this thread is in response to, or at least triggered by, a comment that I made. So I'd like to clear the air, and say that my post in question was actually a joke towards another member. And I thought I even made that clear with a smiley. I may not be the most tactful person around in choosing the right words I say, and I can be somewhat sarcastic quite often, but I am definitely the last person to hurl around personal insults at people. So I apologize to that member, and to the board if my comment was taken the wrong way.

The thread wasn't about any one member - we saw a general trend of insults, uncalled for venting, and posts that didn't reflect the spirit of the site. Hopefully, folks have gotten that out of their system and a more civil tone more typical of the site.

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.