• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

what we need to do to win our first home playoff since 1999

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
1- establish and stick to the run. we did a great job last game, although why we went away from zone runs and tried to man up inside the 5 was baffling to me. we are undersized on offence but Morris is an excellent seam runner who finds gaps and slips into the seams, we simply aren't built to pound the line and maul. where this scheme shines is when we are able to stretch the field horizontally, make the dline move its feet, and find the seams that result from overpursuit.

2-use the play action effectively but not carried away, seattle has great corners who have ball skills, so we need to limit risky passes and take shots with safer passes. their only chance will be to pressure Rg3 into throwing bad passes on the edge.

3-NOt get too cute, I am so glad not to be seeing Banks on the field, especially running the fly option in the redzone anymore. We need to be effective when we have the ball, this last game showed how we can be effective running simple yet effective plays while protecting Rg3 and using the scheme properly.

4- on defence, stay aggressive. Seattles line is built to pound the ball, this will give us trouble, but it means if we stay creative in our pass rush we should get to Wilson a lot. the difference in this team when Haslett is even slightly creative with his blitz package and timing is astounding. if we try to play the vanilla 3-4 with always rushing 3 or 4 and always the same angles, we will lose. being creative also takes some pressure off the secondary.

5-use Paul on returns, he is a stud on returns.

6- Play smart, we took few penalties, and thats our best football, let the other guy make mistakes.

This could be the best possible playoff matchup for us, Seattle has a good shot at us, but if we come out ready, this could be a great game for us to make a statement.

Beating Seattle is going to definitely turn some heads and I think we will win.

I think the game plan is going to look a lot like the Dallas game, though I think we'll see some more throws over the middle.

With all the talk of how good the Tucan Sam's secondary is, going in, I look for them to load up the box to take away Morris, and challenge us with a lot of single coverage early.

Robert will get the 1st 400yd passing game of his career.

Their CBs are so good because they cheat. Well, 50% of their starters cheat...the other half was victimized by a leaky cup! *gasp* THE HORROR.

Yea but to be fair we've had how many PED suspensions this year? Only difference is they found a way for one guy to get away with it.

1- establish and stick to the run. we did a great job last game, although why we went away from zone runs and tried to man up inside the 5 was baffling to me. we are undersized on offence but Morris is an excellent seam runner who finds gaps and slips into the seams, we simply aren't built to pound the line and maul. where this scheme shines is when we are able to stretch the field horizontally, make the dline move its feet, and find the seams that result from overpursuit.

3-NOt get too cute, I am so glad not to be seeing Banks on the field, especially running the fly option in the redzone anymore. We need to be effective when we have the ball, this last game showed how we can be effective running simple yet effective plays while protecting Rg3 and using the scheme properly.

4- on defence, stay aggressive. Seattles line is built to pound the ball, this will give us trouble, but it means if we stay creative in our pass rush we should get to Wilson a lot. the difference in this team when Haslett is even slightly creative with his blitz package and timing is astounding. if we try to play the vanilla 3-4 with always rushing 3 or 4 and always the same angles, we will lose. being creative also takes some pressure off the secondary.

#1 - Our team has really settled into a great stretch run team. Morris is one of the best I've ever seen. Gotta stick with doing what we do well. Their run defense is not nearly as good as ours and will let some big runs happen eventually.

#3 - I've seen a few games this season where Kyle has out-thought himself with some "cute" play-calling in the beginning of the game. Vikings game is one example. The first 2-3 series are wasted with less than good play-calling. Then we finally settle into our routine with plays we execute very well. Again, let's stick with doing what we do well.

#4 - If we put the pressure on Wilson, we'll probably get some turnovers just like last week. That will be a major factor in this game. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.

Wilson is a great QB - but the advantage our D has is that they play against the prototype every day in practice! I think he will rip off some long runs against our D, its inevitable; however limiting these will be the big difference.

we should be in a good spot here, we have a real chance to win a playoff game, this match up is one that we look good on paper with, we just have to play football. My biggest concern is that Haslett under pressure is never a good thing, so I am hoping he goes against type and doesnt fold under the pressure and play prevent from the get go.

we should be in a good spot here, we have a real chance to win a playoff game, this match up is one that we look good on paper with, we just have to play football. My biggest concern is that Haslett under pressure is never a good thing, so I am hoping he goes against type and doesnt fold under the pressure and play prevent from the get go.

Ry, I just don't get this. Haz has been under pressure for the past 7 weeks. Do you think for a minute he thought his job was secure if we continues on the 3-6 path we were on? Say what you want about the man, but he has gotten results the past 7 games, and I would guess he personally was under a ton of pressure during that time.

Not saying he is perfect, and that I like all his calls, but to say he folds under pressure is not fair, imo.

To the OP...the answer is simple...score more points than the Seahawks. Alright, I'm done being a smartass.

In all seriousness, the gameplan should be to run the ball right up the gut. Don't deviate, unless they stop it. On defense, I say blitz, blitz, blitz, and blitz that rookie some more. D-Hall and Wilson are going to take care of business in man-to-man.

The Redskins need to neutralize Lynch on the ground. He is what makes Seattle a tougher matchup than Dallas or NY for us.

In the division games we could cheat on the run as Murray and Bradshaw are not premium backs.

Here we need to be careful we don't get carried away watching Wilson that Lynch goes out and pulls a Morris-Cowboys type performance on us.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

In the division games we could cheat on the run as Murray and Bradshaw are not premium backs.

Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Whoa whoa whoa...ESPN told me Murray was the bestest back in the whole wide world and his return would take the Cowboys' offense to new heights.

Mind = Blown.

Ry, I just don't get this. Haz has been under pressure for the past 7 weeks. Do you think for a minute he thought his job was secure if we continues on the 3-6 path we were on? Say what you want about the man, but he has gotten results the past 7 games, and I would guess he personally was under a ton of pressure during that time.

Not saying he is perfect, and that I like all his calls, but to say he folds under pressure is not fair, imo.

I would argue that as bad as he was, he should have been expecting to get fired and that would alleviate any pressure he might have been under, when your back is to the wall, there isnt any pressure, either that or Shanny has told him his job is safe.

He has improved a lot the past 7 weeks, he still has brain farts but he hasnt outwitted himself or done anything too ridiculous (no amoeba defences thank god) he has gone away from his disguised coverages a lot and started moving guys around more and used better angles on blitzes. but 7 games out of 3 seasons isnt enough for me to start saying he deals with pressure very well. we will see this weekend if he reverts to form or not. I think the improvement is because Fletcher has been given the ability to call plays from the huddle, as simple as that sounds I think if we look, the improvement came when he was given that .

I saw an article today that mentioned Haslett as a potential HC candidate!

So you're giving him credit for adjusting and not using the amoeba defense we saw quite a few games ago, but not giving him credit for possibly adjusting to being under pressure? Listen man, I don't have the experience that you do, but from where I'm sitting, Haz has done a really nice job; in fact, I would argue that over the past seven games the defense has been just as responsible for many of the wins as the offense was. Hell, the Cowboys came in (having dropped over 30 on NO), and the D limited them to three points, for all intents and purposes (I refuse to count the TD that should have been nullified by penalty, and the other TD was the result of a ST play).

Again, I'm not saying he has been perfect by any stretch, and I still get mad at my TV from time to time, but I think he deserves a LOT more credit than the hardly any you're willing to throw at him.

Everyone talks about how our offense adjusted to the Cowboys by running so effectively, but the defense gave them a look they had never seen before either. We haven't blitzed that much all season, and that also gives Seattle something to think about.

the defence SHOULD be blitzing like that, and should have from the get go, he gets no credit for doing what hes supposed to do. Ive seen far too much garbage to think that him being decent is anything more than an anomaly. after all look at his career of mediocrity.

The offence grinding and working the clock also makes a huge difference for the defence improving. and how long did it take for him to figure out how to use guys like Jackson effectively? or to actually move kerrigan around? those things shouldnt have taken 7 games.

I will say he has done a barely acceptable job the past 7 weeks in conjunction with the absolute garbage job he did for the rest of his time here, means I still want him gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.