• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What should they do with RG3

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
I expect RG3 to be a distraction to the team regardless of whether he's starting or not...I want to believe there is a plan in place already. He can't be traded until he's medically cleared is my understanding. I still think he has some value. He could just remain on the bench but I would rather see him get another start. I still like the guy but he's not savvy enough in front of the mic. It causes problems and distractions. If he's winning it's acceptable and colorful. He doesn't understand how to handle himself when they aren't. I believe he has above average mobility,speed and a NFL Arm. I bet Chip Kelly would take him. The Cards, Texans, Buffalo,Jets as well.

Last edited:
At this point, NOTHING would surprise me. To me, it sure seems as if the HC is done with him, so, because of the injury rider, I think we either cut him or deactivate him. I'm not sure we can risk starting Cousins with McCoy as the backup, but having Robert on the bench potentially come in and injure himself, leaving us on the hook for his salary next year.

I HATE the idea of cutting him, because it won't surprise me at all if he ends up with Chip, who I think would get something really good out of him. Chip runs through QBs like toilet paper, so I don't think it would be good for his long term career, but it would hurt to see him in Eagles green, especially if he was shredding us. Ugh.

I'd rather trade him to the Bills or something. Actually, Arizona sounds good to me. Maybe he could sit for a year or two behind Palmer, learn the QB craft and then take over when Carson retires. I'd be happy for the guy then.

I wouldn't mind seeing Griff across the line from us on any team, Eagles? Even better!

It's smashin' time... lol.

Sorry - I know it's callous, but I need some outlet for the years of frustration invested in this debacle!

No one takes him from us due to the 16+ Million coming his way. We drop him after he's healthy and sits on the bench for any time up to the end of the season (or when we're back on the hook, whichever comes first.) That's what I think will happen and probably should.

But some of the other possibilities scare me. Foremost of which is that Snyder wants to flex one last time and makes us start Griff for a period for the true "last gasp". [shudder]. Kirk or Colt go down in injury and a healthy Griff becomes active, in a jersey, and has a real chance on getting on the field again. For those and other unknown possibilities with similar outcomes, I really hope we get him off the roster before it can get worse. 'Cause it can-get worse!

They absolutely cannot allow him to take another snap unless they believe he'll get over the hump and be worth the 16 mil next year. It's far too risky. The only way to move on is to cut him. They knew this going in. It was a business decision to spend whatever pick he might have garnered last year, if any, to give him one more chance. We should have done this in the off season.

Start him against Miami.

The hysteria would be entertainment at it's finest.

I don't know what can be done with his contract. If it can be redone i think it would be in both sides interest to do it so he can be traded to another team. If not, then you deactivate him and hope some team sees something in him or are desperate for Qb and pays the high price tag.

I don't think cutting him would be smart at all. We still could get lucky and get something for him.

On Mike & Mike this morning, I heard them say playing him this year can be risky because if he gets hurt we'll have to guarantee money for him next year. I don't know the particulars, but I believe I've heard that before. I would hate to cut him, if they've decided he will never be it, but that may end up being the prudent thing to do.

We can renegotiate the contract. But I'm not sure if it can be done now, or if it would have to wait until Jan. or Feb.

We all need to rally behind him like never before right now.

He needs to pass that physical badly.

We don't need to hear of any "restless nights" or constant migraines.

I'm surprised they named Cousins the starter before that physical.

lmao. the griffin contract in the first place demonstrates limited faith in the other two QBs.

mediocrity we have arrived! I suppose that's an improvement many will be content with or misinterpret as success.

Now that it appears Griffin is no long a part of the plans of this team, we need to get him as far away from our sideline as we can. Sure we can hold onto him and hope someone needs him, deactivating him on sundays, but the narrative will constantly be "should RG3 be playing." It cannot be healthy (imho) to keep him here. I wish the kid could get it together and shock the world in our jersey, but this season's expectations are not high. Keeping him around will perpetuate the drama and circus we have.

That being said, just because he's not playing on Sundays, doesn't mean he's not at risk Mon - Sat of getting hurt. It's not a MAJOR risk, but there still is the risk that something freak like an Achilles or something could go. I think we need to try to move him after this weeks cuts, see if anyone wants to take a chance if he's willing to restructure away from that massive number for next year, and if not... let him go after week 1. Just trying to do the prudent thing instead of hoping it works out. It sucks to lose the $3.4m this year but the risk of losing $16m in my opinion is a bigger risk.

Eventually, the team has to become strong enough to handle the media chatter, and do their jobs.

If we can renegotiate Roberts contract, and keep him around without the $16mil possibility hanging over our head, then I say, keep him on the roster.

If he works at being a distraction though, it's buh-bye.

lmao. the griffin contract in the first place demonstrates limited faith in the other two QBs.

mediocrity we have arrived! I suppose that's an improvement many will be content with or misinterpret as success.

Don't understand the contract comment. It's his rookie contract. Not sure what bearing that has on the other two. The situation will definitely be improved by moving on from what's obviously not working. Just the lack of the distraction will be an improvement but definitely still a failure all the way around. I seriously doubt anyone will be content with anything less than winning. That doesn't mean we can't be happier with the situation moving forward if we see some improvements.

Gruden- "it' Kirk's team for 2015"

Then he better roll with Kirk the whole way and let him develop to whatever it is he will be. For better or worse. No half measures throwing in McCoy if he has some rough games.

Might have been Gruden's best presser, to date.

I had just the opposite take. he still can't lie very well.

he named griffin the starter cuz he didn't want to have to answer the same question to reporters every day? what kind of dumb arse answer is that? what else is he going to flippantly decide so he doesn't have to answer questions? this guy has issues with the truth.

Robert is part of the team...while there are reports they tried to trade him in the last week? cmon now. there is such a thing as pushing a stratagem beyond the point of credulity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had just the opposite take. he still can't lie very well.
He wasn't lying.

Don't make it personal brother.

He may yet shit the bed, but he was in charge, and took the responsibility for the outcome on himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.