• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What other team's bandwagon are you most likely to jump on ?

I seriously can't see anyone justifying being critical of a fan pulling for another team in the playoffs or the rest of the year, once your own team is eliminated, as long as it's not a division rival, and of course, as long as that team isn't playing your own team.

This isn't marriage. I'm allowed to have more than one "wife" with my football teams.

"obsessed and extreme" fans are more likely to kick their dog all the way across the room, over a loss by their team.....i can proudly say that I have never injured one of my pets, due to a result of a Skins game

Yeah, whatever! Not one of you on this site can say they broke their arm in a car accident 30 minutes before an away, Redskins' playoff game and still attended the damn game! OBSESSION! So if I choose to cheer for another "home" team to win, so be it!

Screw you all! :redpunch:

I'll be rooting for the Texans if the skins aren't playing in the post season. Easy team to like, and JJ Watt is one of my favorite non-Redskins. I'm a Redskins fan for life, nobody can question that, but its okay to pick a team to pull for if the b&g isn't represented.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Ya, when the real fans of those teams talk **** to you about how "your" team sucks and they won it all...

Make sure you tell them how much you rooted for them. And then wait for their gratitude and praise for rooting for your second team.

thankz Mike i couldn't do that either ...alot of people say come to my house to see tha playoffs ...and my answer is no, dont give a **** if they buy tha beer ,why would i like seeing some other team win in tha playoffs ifs it's not my team...thats just me i luv my skins, to tha bone ...maybe thats why i'm such a asshole!:embarassed:

meh I cheer for the skins first and anyone playing the cowboys second. but when I was a kid I always liked sanfran because I was a notredame fan and loved the joe show. so sometimes I cheer for Sanfran as long as it doesnt affect my Skins, I also used to love watching defence, so I followed the BUccs and Jags but didnt care if they won or lost, same with the texans now, I started watching them to prove a point about 3-4 defences and coaching, and ended up enjoying their style of defence (we should have signed bums kid)

To me the lamest thing in fandom is a fan of a team judging the legitimacy or quality of another fan. Get over yourself, I drive over 1000 miles for every game I come to as a season ticket holder and if I want to or am inspired to root for another team it has absolutely zero bearing whatsoever on my passion or loyalty to my own team. What a load, I can walk and chew gum at the same time and I can pull for more than one team especially if mine is eliminated. It's like saying you can only be a legit fan if you only watch that sport. Pfffft!

I typically root for teams that are struggling or have been bad recently, but seem to be turning the page.

This year I don't like any of the teams that are doing that... I do, however, really like Payton Manning and would love to see him have a redemption story this year (provided we don't get our act together, that is).

CounterTrey: I agree. It is pretty lame.

To me the lamest thing in fandom is a fan of a team judging the legitimacy or quality of another fan. Get over yourself, I drive over 1000 miles for every game I come to as a season ticket holder and if I want to or am inspired to root for another team it has absolutely zero bearing whatsoever on my passion or loyalty to my own team. What a load, I can walk and chew gum at the same time and I can pull for more than one team especially if mine is eliminated. It's like saying you can only be a legit fan if you only watch that sport. Pfffft!

Haha, cheers to this!

Brian catches a lot of slack for his Ravens fandom, however most people would not have watched one second of a playoff game with a broken arm, much less an entire half! Respect!

Ya, when the real fans of those teams talk **** to you about how "your" team sucks and they won it all...

Make sure you tell them how much you rooted for them. And then wait for their gratitude and praise for rooting for your second team.

Maybe I just don't hang out with assholes, but the most I get is casual ribbing, which the Redskins more than deserve. Most everyone here is as blown away by RG3 as much as we are.

Maybe I just don't hang out with assholes, but the most I get is casual ribbing, which the Redskins more than deserve. Most everyone here is as blown away by RG3 as much as we are.

Like I've mentioned in a couple of Redskins Recons, Griff has captured the attention of NFL fans all over the place-he's fun to watch and his attitude is beyond reproach and fans of many other teams can't help but like him and acknowledge just how impressive he is as a QB. There is still a certain amount of nasty anti-Redskins sentiment out there but it's much less than I've been used to seeing.

BTW, Alfred Morris is another one that's been getting a lot of notice and positive reviews on other teams fan boards-a lot of other teams fans have put him on their fantasy team rosters as well.:)

LOL...bite me! ;)

yea it's 1000 miles for each game I attend and yes it's round trip (I live in Ohio). Feels like ten thousand after a game like the Monday night beatdown though.

I once walked 28km after we had a huge rainstorm and my truck got stuck hunting, the road literally washed out. my buddies all waited with the truck. I walked out to the highway, hitchhiked to town, showered, watched the redskins on sattelite at my grammas and then went and got another buddy to get his bombardier and drove back to tow the truck back to the highway lol I would have waited with the truck on any other day, but it was a Redskins /Cowboys game.

I once walked 28km after we had a huge rainstorm and my truck got stuck hunting, the road literally washed out. my buddies all waited with the truck. I walked out to the highway, hitchhiked to town, showered, watched the redskins on sattelite at my grammas and then went and got another buddy to get his bombardier and drove back to tow the truck back to the highway lol I would have waited with the truck on any other day, but it was a Redskins /Cowboys game.

Kilometers ??? What's that ??
Come on speak English, for us Americans !! :laugh:

The Skins will always be tops for me...that's not even an issue; however, there are certain teams I like and certain teams I hate. I typically always root for the underdog unless it is some insufferable team like NY, Dallas, Philly, Pitt, NE, etc.

I do have a special place in my heart for the Saints. I just like Drew Brees. Dude is just an awesome QB that drives the ball down the field. I liked the Chargers when LT was there. Really wanted him to get a ring (but never at the expense of the Redskins of course). I guess if a team has more players I like than the other team, I'll root for them under the condition that a victory is in no way detrimental to the Redskins.

LOL...bite me! ;)

yea it's 1000 miles for each game I attend and yes it's round trip (I live in Ohio). Feels like ten thousand after a game like the Monday night beatdown though.

Whoa. That is truly obsessed. You get a :

:thewave:

Kilometers ??? What's that ??
Come on speak English, for us Americans !! :laugh:

approximately 18 miles lol, in soggy moccasins I actually jogged in the bush beside the road because I hate getting muddy and its easier to jog through bush than slog through mud in the muskeg of northern alberta, my buddies were pretty pissy that I went to my grammas and watched the game, I could have just gone to a much closer friends place after I got to the highway and got his tractor, but then I would have missed the game for sure lol

Having grown up in FL I'm a big Bucs fan. I remember the orange gay Cavalier, 'er pirate days well. That said, my #1 team has always been the Skins, hands down. As I always say, I like the Bucs but I LOVE the Skins.

There are some teams I follow or have an affinity for because of the old school tradition like the Browns, Pack, Steelers, and Bears or because of family/frat rivalry, i.e. Raiders, Cowturds, Dolphish, Falcons. And of course there's always the hatred motive, of course the Turds are at the top of that list followed by the Dolphish and Ravens.

Outside of that I love the NFL, period so there are always teams I follow each season just because of good matchups, surprise rebounds, etc. Nothing like a good, well-played NFL game - something we don't get to see too often as Skins fans. ;)

BTW, Alfred Morris is another one that's been getting a lot of notice and positive reviews on other teams fan boards-a lot of other teams fans have put him on their fantasy team rosters as well.:)
I drafted Morris late and he's really helped carry my team this year. Were it not for a few boneheaded lineup moves and an injury to *gasp* DeMarco "Glass Leg" Murray I'd be in pretty good shape right about now instead of fighting for my fantasy paloff life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.