• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What does the win over Ravens say?

I don't have the patience to check through all the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that well over half of the passing TDs against us this year were against Hall, and at least 90% of the plays over 25 yards were against Hall.

I did a little digging on this and although I haven't-yet, anyway-found what you're wondering about, so far I was able to find a breakout of passes successfully defended by Hall this season by field position-what stuck out was that none were in the Red Zone. My "fan highlight reel" memory, inherently flawed as that is, seems to remember him getting burned especially on deep passes to top #1 WRs.

The last column is passes defended.

4aoK2-9_5iEJ__YugD5faU0NmrpVDBkLCMfXiU1Q4l3KzEf2m3CfByxo-xSdiDdrXHlTnQgTd5Os0DUrRmZde2CyyuFipRZV_aTHh5YFcpghw5OwJ3Zn

Source: http://www.nfl.com/player/deangelohall/2506108/situationalstats

Extreme, I understand you don't like Hall. He isn't my most favorite player, but he is our best corner. The corner most teams exploit is Josh Wilson.

You sure about that? I don't have time to look it up. I know Wilson had a bad start to the year, but he seems to have been playing better lately. He kept Tory Smith in check yesterday, and Hall didn't keep boldin in check at all.

But my memory may be screwing with me :)

Oh, is that what its called? Wow! Thank you for the lesson!

Its called finding something to be negative about even when we win is what its called to me.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You're welcome. Although it doesn't appear to have worked. :(

I have been a Redskins fan longer than the age of many here. (Just means I am an old fart) I love this team and whoever wears the uniform.

We are a family. Don't mind healthy family discussions. Just don't want an outsider taking shots at my team.

For first time in many years, I feel good about my team and where we are headed.

I have been a Redskins fan longer than the age of many here. (Just means I am an old fart) I love this team and whoever wears the uniform.

We are a family. Don't mind healthy family discussions. Just don't want an outsider taking shots at my team.

For first time in many years, I feel good about my team and where we are headed.

Even better to have the above feelings this deep into December. I know our emotions are in check at the moment that we all have been feeling the last 4 weeks :dance::dance::sweetheart: .
with the harsh reality:handicap::evil:that is us as Skins fans:indian_chief:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwOKw0wk6g[/media]

:cool:

This game was the first in a long time that I actually lost my voice watching. And, that's saying something.....cause it only takes a few screams for me to drop out. There just hasn't been that much to get excited about in a long time. Oh, sure....there's the occasional play or two....but I always know what's coming next - the let down.

Yesterday was different. We fought back and wouldn't stay down. I'm not happy with our defensive play at all this season.....I find I am becoming quite astute at predicting our failures. I have to admit, though, the last two games I've seen Haslett make the appropriate adjustments at half time and have seen our defense play much better on the back half of the games. Yesterday, our offense had something like three straight series to get ourselves back in the game....thanks to our defense. Sadly, we started deep in our own territory on all three and weren't able to get anything going until later on. Still, it was our defense that was keeping us in the game. Haven't been able to say THAT for a while.

In any case....I'm feeling like we may finally have something brewing here....playoffs this year or not. It's awfully nice to see players rallying around each other on both sides of the ball. I, for one, am enjoying this ride.

In any case....I'm feeling like we may finally have something brewing here....playoffs this year or not. It's awfully nice to see players rallying around each other on both sides of the ball. I, for one, am enjoying this ride.

That about sums things up for me too.

Yesterday was different. We fought back and wouldn't stay down. I'm not happy with our defensive play at all this season.....I find I am becoming quite astute at predicting our failures. I have to admit, though, the last two games I've seen Haslett make the appropriate adjustments at half time and have seen our defense play much better on the back half of the games.

So much better and more refreshing than the old days, where we were the antithesis under Norv and Mike Nolan, where we would snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, but are doing the total opposite now !!

Kornheiser and Wilbon just had an absolute LOVE FEST talking about the Redskins, saying that it was a MAGICAL victory, and that everything it seems we touch turns to gold...

Kornheiser then went on to rattle of the names of: Griffin/Cousins/Morris/Forbath and the "kid who returned the punt" Crawford... ALL ROOKIES. Then point out that Garcon/Morgan were both free agent pickups, so all of these contributors were brought in or developed.

It says that this team has character, it has heart, and doesn't give a damn about what the last 20 years of frustration and near misses have been all about!

This team wants to compete and win!

We may not go all the way this year but one things is for sure...NO team in the NFL can look at their schedule and see our team's name and think it's an automatic W ANYMORE!

HAIL!

it means several things.
1 that the football gods no longer hate us, some bounces actually went our way and not every thing involving luck went against us.

2- it means that despite some serious holes which in years past would have been excuses to lose, are now just obstacles to be defeated on our way to winning games.

3- it means we have some young guys who dont understand that this team has too many holes to be really competitive and play over their heads and end up being better than they would individually.

4- it means that Redskins fans can be proud of being redskins fans again and not just because our history but because of the shot we have at a bright future,

5- It means we have turned the corner, we are by no means superbowl favourites but we are no longer in the bottom 10 and I am gonna enjoy this with no serious expecttations, because I expected us to have a much worse record, RG3 and Morris have given me much to be happy about.

A happy Ryman?!? Surely a sign of the apocalypse :nana:

There has been a lot of carping the last couple years, a huge amount of criticism leveled at the coaches et. al., but I think Henry nailed it, this is what a rebuild looks like when it starts to gain traction. Shanny & Co. took the long view coming in, hunkered down and took the heat to do the right things to move us forward. We are seeing the effects from the work done on those "intangibles" that some dismiss so easily. Character, accountability, depth, and drafting have all strengthened the team in ways that don't necessarily show up right away but are a fundamental part of the '12 Skins.

I know it's way too early and I shouldn't even think about it but dayum, what might this team do if it hits the ground running next year?

Long view or short view... Qbs that play like RG3 make everyone involved look a lttle brighter:sunny:

1. Ravens defense with similar injury concerns to the Redskins is fading down the stretch.

2. Redskins had a kick returner all along but stubbornly continued to go with Banks.

3. Cousins showed that an NFL caliber backup qb is necessary to win in this league.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.