• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WFT Time Machine - One Game, One Player

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
As we head into Week 17 of the 2020 season, fans of the Washington Football Team have had their share of ups and downs this season. Following a 2-7 start, it was easy for some to continue what feels like a yearly tradition of questioning the coach, looking ahead to the next draft class, or wondering how far up the draft board we can position ourselves as the losses piled up. However, the team mustered up some spirit, and showed character and resolve to win 4 in a row and place itself atop the NFC East. Now, as we head into Week 17 at Philadelphia, we are staring a "win and you are in" scenario. If any of us was asked at the start of the season if we would like that scenario, we all would have been for it. While we are a young team and likely not quite ready to make realistic noise in the playoffs, the fact is that getting that playoff experience this year could be a huge future building block for the WFT. All in all, that makes Sunday vs. the Eagles one of the biggest and most meaningful games this fanbase will have experienced in quite some time. So, the question is this. Based on how our roster is currently constructed and the players we have available to us on Sunday, if you could go back in time and take one former Redskins player to add to our team, who would it be and why? Who would be your pick to put us over the top and help us get the W at Philly?

Riggo. He always showed up huge in games that mattered. Bring on the Diesel!

I am going to go in a bit of a different direction and stray way off my draft board so to speak just for fun.

You potentially have Heinicke starting. You want to insulate him and put weapons around him to succeed. How about giving him a fully healthy Jordan Reed from a few seasons ago for a game? Get two TEs on the field with him and Thomas and throw McLaurin in the mix...could be interesting. When Jordan Reed was on he was a really fun cat to watch...he flat out dominated some weeks.

Reed was fun to watch. Heck of an athlete and could do things Gronk does.

I am going to go in a bit of a different direction and stray way off my draft board so to speak just for fun.

You potentially have Heinicke starting. You want to insulate him and put weapons around him to succeed. How about giving him a fully healthy Jordan Reed from a few seasons ago for a game? Get two TEs on the field with him and Thomas and throw McLaurin in the mix...could be interesting. When Jordan Reed was on he was a really fun cat to watch...he flat out dominated some weeks.
Or Jim Lachey to protect him.

Sean Taylor. He just knew how to get to the ball and make a huge play.

Or Riggo like Boone said.

I had his name typed out first but thought QB was the bigger 'need.'

100% on both of those.

I also had Art Monk. What better way could we help an inexperienced QB then give him the most consistent and settling WR to ever touch a field?

Charley Taylor would be a monster addition - incredible WR!

I am going to get slammed for this, I'm sure. Especially with the beloved Art Monk, but I think WRs are a dime a dozen. You don't win with a great WR, you do with QB and Defense. Maybe RB. But, even those are a dime a dozen now.

I love Art and Charley...but, D is what wins championships!

Stephen Davis.

Pound it on the ground and play defense.

I am going to get slammed for this, I'm sure. Especially with the beloved Art Monk, but I think WRs are a dime a dozen. You don't win with a great WR, you do with QB and Defense. Maybe RB. But, even those are a dime a dozen now.

I love Art and Charley...but, D is what wins championships!

No it's a fair point

I just look the current makeup and adding a 2nd viable WR across from Terry changes the offense. Not saying ST doesn't change the defense, he's one of those guys that can change a whole team alone. With Gibson back and Heinicke possibly starting, the more weapons the better. The question was THIS game.

if ST is in the secondary we are probably a top 5 D in every category. I know you know this, but he was 2nd in INTs the year he passed..and he only played half the season! That game against GB was legendary...he should have had 4 picks!

put him back there and he also is knocking RBs out. Russell Wilson doesn't trot down the field on us.

I do love Art though. He is a Larry Fitz style guy you just cant help but respect.

if ST is in the secondary we are probably a top 5 D in every category. I know you know this, but he was 2nd in INTs the year he passed..and he only played half the season! That game against GB was legendary...he should have had 4 picks!

put him back there and he also is knocking RBs out. Russell Wilson doesn't trot down the field on us.

I do love Art though. He is a Larry Fitz style guy you just cant help but respect.

I know... but the question was one game... vs Philly. If we win this weekend, even if Alex can't go, you can change things into the playoffs.. This Sunday vs Philly, I ALSO thought Monk gave us a good shot after agreeing with you about ST... My first response was Theismann.

I'm not arguing ST vs Art Monk, it was just another option.

I know you aren't arguing.

But, we know Sean's track record against Philly, too lol

Not just the fumble recovery. The alligator armed WRs, hurting TO, grabbing McNabb by his helmet and almost ripping his face off.

I'd take Sean this game.

If you really want to make waves, and we're talking about players in there prime...

I'd have to take a long hard look at RG3. Rookie RG3 was doing things nobody expected, he just couldn't sustain it. For 1 game, win and in, a QB like RG3 in his rookie season opens up a lot for the defense to try and account for.

Of course a large part of this is the flux we're in at the QB position and the question of the health of Alex Smith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.