• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WFT Quotes 10/7/20: Kyle Allen

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
October 7, 2020

QB Kyle Allen

On starting this Sunday:
“[Head] Coach [Ron] Rivera told me this morning. I’m excited. I’m excited to get an opportunity. I’m excited
to go play. [It’s] a great challenge in the Rams this week, a really great team off to a hot start. So, yeah,
excited.”

On learning from the sidelines:
“I think you get a different point of view when you’re back there. When you’re not always out there in the game
bullets flying at you, you get a chance to digest things a little slower. There are things that I have learned and
seen from just standing to the side and watching from afar. But, I’m excited to get out there. I’m ready to go
play.”

On leading the team in the NFC East:
“[I’m] ready. I feel great. I feel excited. I’m glad that we’re still in the playoff race. I think this is an interesting
division this year. It’s been somewhat of a slow start for I think everyone in the division. So, for us in the
middle of the division right now with a chance to win on Sunday and give us a chance to get back on top of it—
it’s a great opportunity. We’re all just focused on this week. We’re really ready to take advantage of this
opportunity.”

On what he needs to do differently to lead the offense:
“I don’t think differently, I just need to go out there and be myself. I think we need to come together as an
offense in total. It’s not just all about the quarterback position. There are a lot of things. I think we need to be
really sharp this week. I think it started today at practice, having a little bit more focus, a little sharper practice.
Then just really getting after the tape, getting after the practice and trying to go out there and compete on
Sunday. I don’t think there’s anything extra that needs to be done or anything over the top. I think we just need
to go out there and execute and do our thing. We’re a good enough team.”

On if he believed he would have a shot to play:
“I’m always ready. If you look at my career so far, I’ve been in the league three years and I’ve started in at least
one game every year. I started one my rookie year, the last game of the year. I think I started 12 last year and
now this one. For me it’s just always been a mindset of: be ready, and if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t. But if it
does, at least you’re prepared for it. I always go into every game just ready to go in at any point. The starter—
his shoe could come off, his helmet could come off, he could get hurt and you’ve got to play. For me, it’s just
being ready to go and take advantage of your opportunity when it comes.”

On what he learned playing in Carolina:
“I think last year was good for me to be thrown into the fire and to have some good things happen and some bad
things as well. I think situational football; I grew a lot last year. I think looking back on the tape last year,
situationally there’s a lot of things that I can grow from and learn from in basically my rookie year last year. I
think situational football, and there’s a bunch of other things I learned from, too. But, I think that’s the main
thing.”

On who on the offense he is excited to work with:
“I’m excited about all of them. [RB] Antonio [Gibson]’s gotten off to a great start this year. [WR] Terry
[McLaurin]’s obviously off to a fantastic start. Then there’s a bunch of other players on this team who have
significant roles who have played well. I’m excited to get out there. There’s a lot of guys in this offense that we
can get the ball to and they can make some stuff happens. I know Terry gets a lot of press and he should, but
there’s a lot of other guys in this offense that can make it happen, too.”

On what he saw from the offense in the first four games:
“I don’t want to get into specifics of all that. I think that’s more personally for me to digest and do all that. I
think it was just good—and I think any quarterback will tell you this on the sideline—it’s always easier to see it
and say what you would’ve done on the sidelines instead of being in the game. For me to see it and digest it and
see kind of how this offense runs and who does what well and situational football things too, it’s just good. I
just try to take as many mental reps as I can.”

On offensive coordinator Scott Turner getting him to Carolina:
“Really, it was either them—Dallas kind of put a feeler out, too, for undrafted free agents. I had met with Scott
before my Pro Day. We went out and had dinner and kind of met and talked through things. I hadn’t really had
any contact with Dallas before the actual day of the draft. For me, it was kind of like it is what it is. I’ve got one
guy who believes in me and wants to put my name out there on the table, so let’s go out there and take
advantage of it. I think Scott was a big deal for getting me there.”

On having a rapport with the offensive linemen:
“It’s been great. It’s been great. That was one of the things I was most excited about coming in here. I was
bummed we didn’t have OTAs because I didn’t get to meet my new group of guys. I think that’s my favorite
part about football is meeting all these great people. Once you get to this level, the bad apples are kind of
weeded out. There are a lot of great people on this team, a lot of great dudes. It’s easy to play hard. It’s easy to
get behind those guys. It’s easy to root for them. For me, my main goal coming in here from the start was to
create as many relationships as possible and to get to know as many people as possible, try to spread the offense
as quickly as possible and just enjoy it. There’s a lot of great dudes on this team. I think Coach Rivera did a
great job of making this roster what it is. I just have a lot of fun out here.”

On his reaction to the quarterback change:
“I’m not going to say I’m not surprised. I’m not going to say I’m surprised. For me, I just think it’s an everyday
thing to show up when your number is called. I think that’s the name of the game in the NFL, especially for a
guy like me who came into this league undrafted, fourth string to start, got limited reps early in camp. When
you get your opportunities, you just have to pounce on them and take advantage. That’s kind of been the story
of my career so far. I know the more I take advantage of opportunities, the more I’m going to get. I’m always
here for the team, I’m always here to support whoever’s in there. But if it’s my opportunity, I’m going to go.
I’m going to be ready for it.”

On talking to Haskins Jr. after the change:
“It’s tough. I’ve been on different sides of this coin many times. It’s part of the position. It’s part of the job.
Very few people get to be anointed high school, college, pro, and just ride the wave through it and have no
bumps. It’s a tough job. It’s a tough position. There’s a lot of adversity. I feel him. I feel what he’s feeling. I felt
this last year, I felt this in college, I felt this in high school. It’s a tough feeling. So, we’re all there for each
other in the QB room. We all understand it. We all understand everybody’s doing what they can to get ready
and to play and play the best for the team. It’s tough.”

On how his past challenges will help him this season:
“I don’t know if it helps me or hurts me. I think I’ll just prepare. I always prepare and just try to be ready for
whatever it is. I think as a backup quarterback, no matter what you’re going to be thrown into the fire. So, just
preparing and being ready.”

On stopping the Rams sweep of the NFC East:
“We can’t let that happen. That’s not good. You watch them on tape, you see the scouting reports on them. [DT]
Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey—two of the best players in the league on the same side of the ball. It’s
talented. A great defense. They play unselfishly. Aaron makes a lot of plays and opens it up for other teammates
to make sacks and things like that. They’re an unselfish defense. It’s a great challenge. I think we’re excited for
the challenge. I think playing a great team always excites me. You get to kind of level yourself to the best, and
those are two of the best in the game. So, we’re excited.”

On his ability to extend plays:
“I just think nowadays it’s part of the quarterback position. I think defenses are getting better. They’re getting
more keen to what offenses are doing nowadays. I think it’s something as a quarterback—dual threat or not—I
think you’ve got to do in today’s game. You see even guys like [Falcons QB] Matt Ryan and other guys that are
scrambling on third downs and on other plays and putting their body on the line and getting first downs. I think
as a quarterback in this league today, you’ve got to do some of that. I’m confident in myself doing that.”

Last edited:
I don’t know if Allen can be a consistent starter or not.

But the fact he had both ups and downs last year is not a reason to say Allen is no good or is a waste of time for us to see.

Yes he threw picks but 17 TDs as well.

Haskins has had a real problem executing plays in the red zone and chunk plays altogether.

This has been the ‘throw the ball to Terry short and let him run attack’ in 2020.

Where are the accurate deep outs and seam routes when #7 is out there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.