• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WFT Names Jason Wright Team President

I thought I posted it at the time, but don’t see it in this thread. Maybe it was another thread. But I believe Wright was specifically chosen for this role because Snyder was trying to say “see I’m not racist” in 2020 when all the pressure came for him to change the name. Likewise, I feel Julie Donaldson was chosen so that he could say “see, I’m not sexist, women want to work for me” in the wake of the sexual harassment scandal. And this is not to say those two weren’t qualified or should not have been in the running for those positions. But I believe they were chosen for the wrong reasons. Snyder chose them for selfish reasons to try and make himself look better.

The article lists his potential impact on the hiring of other African American team presidents. I’m not sure if Wright had an impact or if we are taking about causation vs correlation. But if he did have that impact, then good for him. The first person to do something isn’t always the best, but if they knock down the walls and allow others to follow through, then that is commendable.

As for Wright himself and the job he has done, he’s been pretty tone deaf as president. He really does not understand this fan base as fans nor the disdain we have for the organization. I do have some sympathy for him because how good can he really be working for Snyder. And if my suspicions are true about why he was hired, then he’s probably not getting any help or feedback from the organization. He’s just being thrown about there as a shield or a target in some cases so that the criticism stays off Snyder. The vast majority of fans and media know Snyder is the real problem, but he keeps trotting out people he thinks will deflect the criticism away from him.

The particular post about being neutral sediment depositing, what does that even mean? How does that help the football team? Why is he even bragging about that when this organization has been accused of some of the most vile things imaginable. Even this week, another story about stealing more money. But sure, let’s talk about an accomplishment that no one is even asking about. And really, who is he even bragging to? Is he just looking to score Twitter points? Is this part of his goal of reaching new fans? Maybe he’s padding his resume for his next job. It was just very odd to me and continued the tone deaf nature of his tenure.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that coming in and 'turning over' 50% of the employee ranks as if that is some kind of meritorious achievement. I'm sorry - but while there may have been some 'bad apples' (especially in leadership roles) there is no way 'the employees' were the problem in Ashburn. And I think that's very misleading anyway, as Redskins Park has always been a turnstile in terms of employment. In the time I was covering the team, I saw 3 completely different Public Relations regimes and I think their IT department staff turned over a few times as well. Backfilling a constant exodus of disgruntled staff with women and minorities and hailing that as some kind of achievement is a little 'off' somehow. That's not to belittle the value of diversity. But there is a lot more to organizational success than just changing the shades and gender of your employee faces and babbling non-stop corporate-speak.

Anyway, I think you hit the nail on the head across the board Kel. And 'tone deaf' is as good a descriptor as I can think of.

I think the other thing going on here with these kinds of puff pieces is that both Wright and the NFL may be desperately trying to ensure he is retained by a new owner. Wright's one of the top examples for how 'progressive' and sensitive the NFL now claims to be, and god forbid he get ousted by a new owner who actually, you know, wants accountability based on performance.

The irony is, you only know that you have achieved true 'equity' when folks of all gender and race are subject to criticism and are evaluated solely on performance.

Last edited:
Increase speed to 30 knots.

I was looking forward to the 3 hour tour.... the 3 houuuuuuur touuurrrrrrr....

This is the stuff I’m talking about. They have no self awareness. His job, or perhaps it’s the job of his staff, is to be aware of these things and realize not to make those references.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.