• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Westboro protesters face jeers and slashed tires

Sarge

What a damned shame

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101114_11_A12_CUTLIN105145

McALESTER - Members of a Kansas church that protests at military funerals may have found themselves in the wrong town Saturday.

Shortly after finishing their protest at the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey of McAlester, a half-dozen protesters from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., headed to their minivan, only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires had been slashed.

To make matters worse, as their minivan slowly hobbled away on two flat tires, with a McAlester police car following behind, the protesters were unable to find anyone in town who would repair their vehicle, according to police.

The minivan finally pulled over several blocks away in a shopping center parking lot, where AAA was called. A flatbed service truck arrived and loaded up the minivan. Assistant Police Chief Darrell Miller said the minivan was taken to Walmart for repairs.

Even before the protesters discovered their damaged tires, they faced off with a massive crowd of jeering and taunting counterprotesters at Third Street and Washington Avenue, two blocks from the First Baptist Church, where the soldier's funeral was held.

Miller estimated that crowd to number nearly 1,000 people, and they not only drowned out the Westboro protesters with jeers, but with raucous chants of "USA, USA."

Standing ovation for the town of McAlester.

I love the fact that these ass hats live in a country where free speech is permitted. I love even more that they couldn't find anyone in the entire town who could repair their problems. Love it!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

They wanted attention. They got it. :)

Clearly all you are ho-mosexuals or ho-mosexual sympathisers in league with the Debil and you're all going to He-yullll!! He-yulll I say!!

Seriously, my head knows slashing their tires was wrong but my heart feels otherwise somehow.

I didn't know they were doing it here in MD again. I think I am grateful I didn't know.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ct_3SZOtec&feature=share[/media]

I think it is totally inappropriate to slash their tires. There is no excuse for violence.

After all, those tires are totally innocent. :)

Simple removal of the value stem will do the trick. Once flattened, you can reinsert the value stem and then invite the church members to re-inflate the tires with their lips.

They should be able to do it because everyone knows that the Westboro Baptist Church blows.

"Value" stems? Never heard of that one. Maybe they only have those up there where you can see Russia from your back yard. In any event, I refudiate any such product in favor of valve stems for my tires. :p

Sorry, I just couldn't resist and yes, I'm a putz :clown:

we have some student asshats at the U of A who were running a protest that was planned to run at the same time as a memorial service for a person I knew run by his reserve unit.

these little turds were protesting war by laying down in makeup on the ground outside the units barracks. and pretending to be dead. they were asked to leave several times as they were making it difficult for people to get into the parade ground , finally a few people took matters into their own hands and urinated on them. they got pretty quickly and left fairly soon afterwards.

there are some things you dont do, you dont denigrate a soliders memory by using a memorial service to make a point and you dont piss off people who have been trained to hurt people.

Westboro staged a protest at my kids' high school last week.

Seven am on a busy main thoroughfare sure to see lots of traffic. I went to observe (always fascinated by what faces covering truly closed minds look like) and keep an eye on my daughter, among other things.

Seven protesters. About 300 counter-protesters.

Pretty quiet ... Westboro ain't real smart. They set up on such a broad and busy thoroughfare no one could hear their inanity over the traffic. It was all very anticlimatic.

Best counter-protester signs I saw:

God Hates Traffic

Vajay-jay is my Favorite Nom-Nom

Clearly all you are ho-mosexuals or ho-mosexual sympathisers in league with the Debil and you're all going to He-yullll!! He-yulll I say!!

Seriously, my head knows slashing their tires was wrong but my heart feels otherwise somehow.

bingo!

Y...one of us should be very afraid: we agree on something in 5 O'Clock!!!!

we have some student asshats at the U of A who were running a protest that was planned to run at the same time as a memorial service for a person I knew run by his reserve unit.

these little turds were protesting war by laying down in makeup on the ground outside the units barracks. and pretending to be dead. they were asked to leave several times as they were making it difficult for people to get into the parade ground , finally a few people took matters into their own hands and urinated on them. they got pretty quickly and left fairly soon afterwards.

there are some things you dont do, you dont denigrate a soliders memory by using a memorial service to make a point and you dont piss off people who have been trained to hurt people.

on a total tangent....I had a great time in your neck of the woods RotN...Halifax! was there the week preceeding 9/11. flew out of the same airport into Logan - no checks at Logan. harbinger of things to come.

Ryman, I have an idea-let the word get out that there's something going on they should be "protesting" inside West Edmonton Mall. Once they get inside we shouldn't hear anything out of them for weeks-if not months. :bucktooth:

Ryman, I have an idea-let the word get out that there's something going on they should be "protesting" inside West Edmonton Mall. Once they get inside we shouldn't hear anything out of them for weeks-if not months. :bucktooth:

Yeah that place is friggin huge, better yet buy them all tickets on the roller coaster, I imagine God will ensure another roller coaster accident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.