• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

well...what's the score in the Cardinals game gonna be?!!!

I'll say Redskins 27-21. They finally are able to hold on to the lead at the end in a close game.

With a decent QB the Cards are a very dangerous team. That air attack scares the hell out of me. I think if we win this game we'll have to get some turnovers because the Cards will get yards. So if that happens we could win this one with a score similar to the Giants game ... maybe 28-21 this time.

That's as close to a win as I'm willing to predict right now.

27 - 24 redskins.

I think the cards have a better passing game than the giants. More importantly however i don't think they have to run to set up the pass like the giants do. We'll stop the run for the most part but Doughty and Hall will get beat deep enough for this game to require offense to carry the load. Pressure helps but the big play can happen on the one snap the pressure fails to get there.

Redskins dominate the game but the scoreboard doesn't show it.

The Skins defense comes up big and we put it away late.

Skins - 27
Cards - 13

West Coast teams traveling east and playing at 1pm have a hard time handling the time change vs if it was a 4 pm game,so we got that going for us...which is nice.

I like the quiet confidence this team has going for it right now and the way the D played in the second half last week carries over to this Sunday.

Skins 24
Cards 14

Hope to see a little more Helu sprinkled in to give us that change of pace look and to keep Hightower fresh.

Hail!!

Beanie Wells almost went for 100 yards last week, with a TD and a 5 yard average. Granted that was against Carolina. But he doesn't 'suck'.

I was sure we would beat the Giants and it wouldn't be close. This week, I just don't know what to expect. I think we need to hit Kolb early and often, make him uncomfortable. We do that, and I think we can win convincingly again. If we can't get significant pressure on him, I worry. Because then it has the potential to be a shootout, and we won't be able to feed Hightower and company the ball as much as I'd like to see.

Pressure on Kolb is the key imho. We neutralize their passing game a little, then we can keep it relatively low-scoring and play ball control and pound it more this week.

I was sure we would beat the Giants and it wouldn't be close. This week, I just don't know what to expect. I think we need to hit Kolb early and often, make him uncomfortable. We do that, and I think we can win convincingly again. If we can't get significant pressure on him, I worry. Because then it has the potential to be a shootout, and we won't be able to feed Hightower and company the ball as much as I'd like to see.

Pressure on Kolb is the key imho. We neutralize their passing game a little, then we can keep it relatively low-scoring and play ball control and pound it more this week.

Uh....Boone, I'm not trying to rattle you or anything, but I came across this little blurb today.

Handling the pressure. Only Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers ranked higher than the Arizona Cardinals' Kevin Kolb in NFL passer rating (139.2) when defenses brought at least five pass-rushers in Week 1, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Kolb led the league in QBR (98.7) in these situations among players with at least one pass attempt.

From the same article about Grossman.

Grossman shredded the New York Giants when facing four or fewer pass-rushers, completing 16 of 23 attempts for 225 yards and two touchdowns. Grossman was less productive against added pressure, completing 5 of 11 for 80 yards. Down and distance can come into play in these situations.

Finally-this particular stat kinda raised my eyebrows a bit.

Grossman's passes traveled 14.5 yards in the air on average in Week 1, farthest in the league. Newton (12.6), Brady (12.6), Michael Vick (10.4) and Ben Roethlisberger (10.0) were next. Bradford's passes traveled shorter on average (5.8 yards) than passes for all but three quarterbacks. Smith's were next-shortest at 6.3 yards. This gives us an idea which teams were trying to strike downfield.

Link:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/45012/final-word-nfc-west-31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.