• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Welcome Back J.D. McKissic!

That didn't take long!
I was sorry to see him "almost" go and glad that he remains in the fold.

He changed his mind. Re-signing with Washington.

Do we think we told him to see what he would get and then talk to us?

How could have been communicated to us and not to him?

I read that was Washington's plan weeks ago. I didn't like the plan, but knew it was the plan.

I suspect he was getting bad advice or info from his agent.

I mean, do we think the Bills would've just let one of their talented players walk if there were any chance of retaining him? That's just sour grapes imho. Besides, when is the last time a team - ANY team - did us a solid? We get raked over the coals and abused in nearly every transaction we make. I'm not gonna get too worked up when we come out on top on one of these, especially when the player was our guy to begin with...

I get his disappointment. I don’t get his acting like a little bitch about it. A contract is only a contract after both parties sign it. Verbal agreements are as valuable as the paper they are not written on.

Last edited:
My favorite comment on the article is this one:

It was a done deal but then they lost it in like the last 13 seconds.

Absolutely savage!

I said this on twitter... this is just the beginning. Now that Legal Tampering has been a thing for a couple years, teams are going to start doing this. When McKissic changed his mind, the league year had not officially started, so the deal in place technically did not exist. There were no rules broken, and ethically speaking, how is that any different than what goes the other way? If they were that worried about ethics, there would be no need for a 'legal tampering' period to begin with. Washington finally came out on the positive end of a rule quirk. It's not the last time it's going to happen either I promise. I would bet you this becomes a trend where teams willingly let their guys get to 'market' and wait til the 11th hour to then beat the deal. It's like a transition tag, or an RFA tender without having to put the money, or guarantee out up front. NOTHING is official until it's official.

Any team with any gumption is looking at this like an advantage. Any fringe player that you're not 100% sure is worth their market value, let them get bid on, if they're 'too expensive' you let them walk... if they're not worth what you may have been willing to pay... you come out ahead.... especially in instances where players (not saying McKissic did this, but i could see it happening) are trying to high ball a contract offer... it's a literal "ok go prove it" without the risk of not getting a second chance.

I said this on twitter... this is just the beginning. Now that Legal Tampering has been a thing for a couple years, teams are going to start doing this. When McKissic changed his mind, the league year had not officially started, so the deal in place technically did not exist. There were no rules broken, and ethically speaking, how is that any different than what goes the other way? If they were that worried about ethics, there would be no need for a 'legal tampering' period to begin with. Washington finally came out on the positive end of a rule quirk. It's not the last time it's going to happen either I promise. I would bet you this becomes a trend where teams willingly let their guys get to 'market' and wait til the 11th hour to then beat the deal. It's like a transition tag, or an RFA tender without having to put the money, or guarantee out up front. NOTHING is official until it's official.

Any team with any gumption is looking at this like an advantage. Any fringe player that you're not 100% sure is worth their market value, let them get bid on, if they're 'too expensive' you let them walk... if they're not worth what you may have been willing to pay... you come out ahead.... especially in instances where players (not saying McKissic did this, but i could see it happening) are trying to high ball a contract offer... it's a literal "ok go prove it" without the risk of not getting a second chance.

This is exactly right. "Legal" tampering. It's right there in the name. Teams know this will happen. The Bills are just upset they got used. When they do the same to another team, they won't be complaining.

This is exactly right. "Legal" tampering. It's right there in the name. Teams know this will happen. The Bills are just upset they got used. When they do the same to another team, they won't be complaining.
Damn straight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.