• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We were outplayed

I'm ecstatic, Mike!

If Stonehands picks off that pass at the end of the game, we don't need to be "saved" by an atrocious RT holding. And I honestly don't think Jim Zorn gets that call.

I'm at work and don't have a lot of time at the moment....so, I just skipped to the back end of this thread and haven't read thru yet. But, here are my thoughts about last night......

I really enjoyed the attacking style of the defense, although I'm still a little concerned about our ability to stop the run. I felt a little too much like we were a bend-but-not-break kind of team last night...more so than need be for an attacking defense. Still, we did what we had to do and that fumble/TD to end the first half was the kind of thing we haven't done in a long, long time.

They always say that the offense takes longer to gel than the defense. I think that last night proved that. I'm not too worried, though.......I thought that when the down-field pass needed to be there it was....and the running game started to make strides as the game wore on. I had a feeling that when we missed out on scoring in their red zone that something bad was gonna happen...and, sure enough.....bad snap. Points off the board. Ugh. McNabb missed some....receivers dropped some......looked out of sync overall. But it's only game one with a whole new system and new QB. I'm willing to look forward and not back on this one.

No complaints at all about the special teams. Wish our punter had a better game (especially that clunker towards the end) but overall, quite pleased. Loved Devin Thomas' energy. I really felt he was on the brink of breaking a couple of those.

Thinking back.......probably my four favorite Redskin wins over Dallas were as follows: 1972 Championship game - 26-3......1982 Championship game - 31-17 (knocked Danny White senseless)........Ken Houston stopping Walt Garrison on the goal line (14-7).....and Joe Theisman running out of the back of our end zone for a safety on Monday night football (9-5). Two of those, as you can see, were low scoring, sloppy games that ended well. A win is a win is a win.

We're 1-0 baby!!!

I watched last night's game with the mindset that if we were to win, no matter how, I was going to ride that feeling all week, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. This team deserves this win. The fans deserve this win. It was hard-fought and it's been a long time coming.

I'll start bitching after the Houston game. For now, though, all that's running through my head is that WE BEAT THE MOTHER******* COWBOYS!

I watched last night's game with the mindset that if we were to win, no matter how, I was going to ride that feeling all week, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. This team deserves this win. The fans deserve this win. It was hard-fought and it's been a long time coming.

I'll start bitching after the Houston game. For now, though, all that's running through my head is that WE BEAT THE MOTHER******* COWBOYS!

:claps: Well said, Sassy.

it never fails..we win probably the biggest game of our season on the biggest stage of the year (outside of the super bowl) against our biggest rivals and people STILL complain about us not looking good.

its like gibbs said after he won that super bowl. he was getting in the limo to leave the stadium with his wife and a "fan" opens the door and yells "get us another one next year coach!"

cant anyone just be happy for 24 hours at least that we won?

This is not a complaint thread Mike.

I think I can safely say that all of us are thrilled we won, no qualifications whatsoever.

I admit my thread title was a but inflammatory, but it was supposed to just get you all to read the thread and then realize I wasn't being serious. :)

After watching yet ANOTHER replay of it, I will make one complaint/observation. While Carlos Rogers had some nice ups last night, it's really hard to make a pick when he couldn't even get BOTH hands on a ball coming straight at him. Brother Boone has predicted Carlos will set a personal record for INT's this year. After watching that effort, I'm not so sure. :annoyed:

not sure Jimbo....the dude was way up there and horizontal...the play on the ball was way more difficult than it might have looked. I don't fault him for that.

and I don't fault Landry either. He was closing in on an open receiver...the errant pass was to his left, against his motion....

would have been nice in both cases...but not the same as dropping something that fell right into the ole breadbasket.

While I could be subjective of the game I will only say this.

F*** Dallas

HAIL BABY HAIL !!!!!!

Though intended to be tongue in cheek the thread title is fairly close to the truth. We were outplayed if the comparison is between their defense and ours and the respective offenses as well.

However the way the game is actually played, our defense and the Pukes' poor OL and execution on offense were enough to almost get the shutout. On the other side of the balll, our still developing offense didn't do too much against a very good defense, but they made enough plays to score enough points to win and more importantly, unlike so many of our teams over the past twenty years, did NOT kill ourselves with penalties..

Like Pravda I think there's too many variables to know with any degree of certainty what it all means at this point. However I'm encouraged that even though we're a work in progress on both sides of the ball, from an objective standpoint we weren't half bad. If both units make even modest progress after four or five games, I think we've got a shot at being a pretty solid team this year. With a bit more talent in a couple of key areas--look out NFL, all your base are belong to us. ;)Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Last edited:
I'd rather them win ugly than lose pretty while learning the new system and getting players they want on the roster.

Dallas would have been happy to win by 1, and they looked rough too.

in the end...it aint worth fightin over. nice job Skins. keep it goin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.