• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We Want Dallas!

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
While I do not believe the stadium was as electric as I saw during the Vikings game earlier this year, at the game yesterday as we put a severe whooping on the Eagles there was definitely the feel of RFK at FedEx Field.

The one thing that struck me most was the chant you could hear as the game clock dwindled down..."We Want Dallas! We Want Dallas! We Want Dallas!"

I have heard that chant before, but it was almost meaningless. (No, I am not referring to our victory over the Vikings in the 1982 Divisional Playoff game) I had heard it at FedEx Field and shook my head because it was rather foolish for them to be chanting for Dallas in such situations.

Yesterday, as we took it to a division foe, with time running out...the chant began! It had a special meaning this time. While it does not compare to 1982, it felt good. I felt confident going into the Eagles game we could win, but we had such a poor track record against them I couldn't say it out loud before the game.

However, in the thread about our record for the rest of the year, the one game I did have us winning was in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day. Griff has his first opportunity to shine before a National audience in his adopted hometown where he shined in college. I can see a sea of Green and Gold jerseys rooting for the Redskins on Thanksgiving Day. And after watching Dallas nearly blow it yesterday against a Browns' team that is suspect, I have to believe our chances of victory are good.

We Want Dallas!

I'm not sure I 'want' them just yet, but man, it sure would be nice to beat those guys.

I'm not sure I 'want' them just yet, but man, it sure would be nice to beat those guys.

Henry, I am under no illusions what our team is but with Griff, this is a game we could win in spite of our deficiencies.

Even though I feel we could win in Dallas, yesterday just made me feel like, with all the Shanahan misgivings, we are not spiraling out of control, we are climbing out of the abyss.

I don't think we're a playoff team. I still think we are probably going to give the Rams a top 10 draft pick. I still think Shanahan is not the answer as the team is currently set up. But after a very convincing win against the Eagles, the chant I heard at FedEx Field yesterday was a refreshing change from the annoyance with fans in the past who would make that chant when we obviously weren't prepared for them.

Dallas is currently a 3 1/2 pt favorite. I think we have a good chance, depending on how healthy we can get.

Dallas is currently a 3 1/2 pt favorite. I think we have a good chance, depending on how healthy we can get.

Dallas and their stupid Thanksgiving home game. Is there any reason why they still get this extra little advantage every single season? I hate when the Redskins play on Thanksgiving. Hate it.

We get a short week and go on the road. They stay at home after being at home. They should at least have to play on the road the week before or something.

Yes I'm bitter. I hate Dallas and hope we crush them.

If Meriweather can actually play I think we might have a shot.

No reason to believe that a Redskins team with an improved running game and solid starting QB can't walk into Dallas and win.

Afterall, we pushed this very same Dallas team to the limit in two games that came down to the wire with Rex Grossman behind center.

Dallas beating Cleveland yesterday might have been a blessing in disguise for us. Losing on Thursday wouldn't have been an option for Dallas had the lowly Browns snuck out of Texas with a win. Now that the Cowboys are breathing a bit easier, and a bit more worn down due to the struggle against Cleveland, we might have a bit of an advantage.

Regardless, expect it to come down to the last 5 minutes as usual.

It would help if Meriweather and Garcon can go.

Dallas and their stupid Thanksgiving home game. Is there any reason why they still get this extra little advantage every single season? I hate when the Redskins play on Thanksgiving. Hate it.

We get a short week and go on the road. They stay at home after being at home. They should at least have to play on the road the week before or something.

I enjoy it - it's going to be the first time I've watched a reskins game with my parents in a long time.

Dallas has every disadvantage we have going into the game, minus the fact that we have to travel and they don't.

Dallas has every disadvantage we have going into the game, minus the fact that we have to travel and they don't.

It might appear this way on paper but the Cowboys record on Thanksgiving says there is more to it than just a travel date for the visitor. Through last season they are something 28-15-1. That is nearly 2 wins to every loss and when you consider how epicly bad some of the Cowboy teams have been in the last 20 years or so...

Let's face it. Dallas will never have to come to Washington on Thanksgiving.
The league is enamored with that stadium, when it comes to special events

Well, I'll certainly do my part and pick the Pukes to win in the Pick 'em contest. That's a sure path to victory for us. :thumbsup:

Let's face it. Dallas will never have to come to Washington on Thanksgiving.
The league is enamored with that stadium, when it comes to special events

Don't they play every Thanksgiving at home, anyway?

Nick

With Merriweather out and the fact that we've never beaten Dallas on Thanksgiving, I'm not very optimistic. But.......we DO have RG3. ;)

I hate when the Redskins play on Thanksgiving. Hate it.

It might appear this way on paper but the Cowboys record on Thanksgiving says there is more to it than just a travel date for the visitor. Through last season they are something 28-15-1. That is nearly 2 wins to every loss and when you consider how epicly bad some of the Cowboy teams have been in the last 20 years or so...

Henry, I think your feeling stems from the fact that the Redskins have never beaten Dallas on Thanksgiving. We're 0-6. Oh, and Merriweather is out, so there's that too.

But, if it makes you feel better, we do have this going for us:

baylor4.png

Hopefully he can be triumphant in his return to Texas.

EDIT: Jimbo, you beat me to it. Said essentially the same thing I did just a minute sooner. :)

It will be interesting to see whether Griffin's inspired play has lifted this team enough so they can get by a Dallas team they don't match up particularly well against.

Dallas' strength is its tall receivers down the field on offense and their cover guys in the secondary on defense.

The Redskins defensive backs and wide receivers are going to have to step up.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It will be interesting to see whether Griffin's inspired play has lifted this team enough so they can get by a Dallas team they don't match up particularly well against.

Dallas' strength is its tall receivers down the field on offense and their cover guys in the secondary on defense.

The Redskins defensive backs and wide receivers are going to have to step up.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

They might not match up well on paper, but the last 3 games (all won by Dallas) were decided by 3 points or less (one in OT). So I think we can expect another close game. Hopefully, RGIII is the deciding factor in our favor.

And if there is any cosmic balance in the football universe, we're due seeing as we've never beaten them on Thanksgiving and have lost the last 3 to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.