• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We Need A Bunch Of Starters. So Who Do We Trade?

agree on pressure up the middle. disagree with the idea that switching to 4-3 somehow sprinkles magic pass-rush dust on the Skins d-line. Kerrigan and ???? go to DE. same problem IMO.

Well, it sure as **** doesn't help that Haslett puts a 255 pound DE/OLB as a down lineman in the 4-3 base we run on 3rd and long. But this current lineup would be better at the 4-3 than 3-4. We simply don't have a disrupting force at NT to run this scheme.

I am not saying we'd be great...but better. Hell, if the friggin offense could create some drives that keep the opposing offense off the field for longer than a 3 and out...4 or 5 times in the 2nd half of games.

Orakpo is clearly not the long term answer at OLB. #91 deserves #98 money, and vice versa. I hope Trent Murphy can be, but you can still see how raw he is. A great tackler with a high motor, but no athleticism. A very poor man's Kerrigan, but Ryan has the athleticism) I think Trent Murphy needs to hit the gym and the treadmill for a few years and switch sides with Kerrigan for the rest of the year. What do we have to lose, other than 5 more games... oh, and fire Haslett. lol.

Well, it sure as **** doesn't help that Haslett puts a 255 pound DE/OLB as a down lineman in the 4-3 base we run on 3rd and long. But this current lineup would be better at the 4-3 than 3-4. We simply don't have a disrupting force at NT to run this scheme.

I am not saying we'd be great...but better. Hell, if the friggin offense could create some drives that keep the opposing offense off the field for longer than a 3 and out...4 or 5 times in the 2nd half of games.

I think the results would be the same. as others have pointed out...we're running the 4-3 a good deal anyway.

I think the results would be the same. as others have pointed out...we're running the 4-3 a good deal anyway.

But they keep plugging Murphy into the role of DT and he is clearly undersized and often outmatched. But he does see a lot of double teams in that scheme as well. You often see the C and G shift into him. Been paying a lot of attention to him when at the games. He has the talent to start, but I don't see double digit sacks from this guy. Shift Kerrigan to Orakpo's slot and plug Murphy where Kerrigan was. We simply NEED more push from the interior of the line.

But they keep plugging Murphy into the role of DT and he is clearly undersized and often outmatched. But he does see a lot of double teams in that scheme as well. You often see the C and G shift into him. Been paying a lot of attention to him when at the games. He has the talent to start, but I don't see double digit sacks from this guy. Shift Kerrigan to Orakpo's slot and plug Murphy where Kerrigan was. We simply NEED more push from the interior of the line.

I agree on push from the center. guess I better step back for a while - I don't see much coming from Murphy. I see him as a "steady Eddy" type who doesn't have enough speed/athleticism to keep the dogs off of Kerrigan. anywho......defense has done ok, middle of the pack, kinda work thus far. more focused on what we all THOUGHT was going to be an explosive offense.

I agree on push from the center. guess I better step back for a while - I don't see much coming from Murphy. I see him as a "steady Eddy" type who doesn't have enough speed/athleticism to keep the dogs off of Kerrigan. anywho......defense has done ok, middle of the pack, kinda work thus far. more focused on what we all THOUGHT was going to be an explosive offense.

It is explosive...problem is, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Much of the problem on defense comes from the opposing offense having 6 or 7 2nd half possessions because our offense cannot put together time consuming drives.

It is explosive...problem is, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Much of the problem on defense comes from the opposing offense having 6 or 7 2nd half possessions because our offense cannot put together time consuming drives.

I heard Gruden say we have something like 1200 YAC... BY FAR the highest in the league... :)

Still want to trade the whole team guys? That gang of scrubs just beat the pukes in Dallas. The Skins showed some serious heart tonight from top to bottom. Still a huge work in progress but you gotta love the performance of some of the young guys tonight!

Tampa is taking calls for S mark Barron. Is there anything reasonable we could offer them?

The DL would look better with Baker at NT and a returning Barry Cofield out at DE in the 3-4.

I don't see Bowen being a viable starter any longer and Jenkins has been too inconsistent.

Barron went to St. Louis for a 4th and a 6th... That's a steel

What could we realistically get for Morris? Is a third possible? Any chance at all for a second?

If we want the majority of the following, we should probably trade someone, and RBs are easy to replace:

1 or 2 real starting safeties
1 O-lineman
1 NT That's at a minimum. Might need to add a CB as well.

Denver has gone through Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman and now have CJ Anderson. It's one position that has some trade value, and one where people can be replaced.

Trading the one solid running back we have to make ourselves one dimensional is...once again...silly.

Based on the last 3 weeks, i think it's more likely that Griffin gets dealt then Morris. Gruden has come out in at least one presser (SF i believe) and made mention of Morris' heart and effort. I'd imagine he's one of the few guys Gruden wants to build this offense around.

I personally think this talk of trading players like Morris or Jackson is just foolish. The only player the Skins might try to trade is RG3, but I'm still hoping they will convince him to spend the rest if this season and the off-season learning how to play from the pocket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.