• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We beat a rookie quarterback?!?

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
We beat a rookie qb? :thud:

Not sure when the last time we made a rookie qb not look like a first ballot hall of famer was, but it was amazing to see. The qb really fell apart in the second half and the defense kept him off balance despite not really pressuring him.

Meanwhile our qb completed 93 percent of his passes while nearly running for another hundred. Certainly a nice, comfortable, feel good game.

Also, when was the last the last time this D shut a team out of the endzone?

Finally, Sports Illustrated can just take the black eye now. We've doubled up on the number of wins they predicted we'd get this year. :oops:

Okay, I know what some of you are thinking. Big deal, we beat up on a team falling apart, but think back to the Carolina game or games against a disintegrating Giants' team. We have been the salve to teams. How many teams with zero wins got their first against us.

We took a struggling team and stomped on em. More, we did the impossible and bested a rookie qb.

Yessir, this is a nice win, the kind I will take any day of the week. The Eagles have pretty much had their way with us for the last decade+, any win over them is terrific.

Foles looked possibly adequate, but I'm not sure why the Eagles fans were so eager to play him. He looked all right, but nothing special to me.

Griff was... well, amazing. Does anyone have any adjectives I could borrow? I'm running short.

we won a game we were supposed to win, it wasnt exactly a dominating performance against a superbowl contender but I'll take it. it was definately a great game for Rg3.

Don't know about that. Eighty percent of the Sunday morning prognosticators were picking against us. We have been the antibiotic to a whole bunch of losing teams ills. More, we really have had a kryptonite reaction to rookie qbs.

Should we have won? Hard to say a 3-6 team with a historically bad defense was supposed to win anything.

That said, what joy to coast to victory especially in the second half.

they picked against us for several reasons, we are terrible being one of them. But Rg3 will give a punchers chance, if the defence that shall remain nameless even comes close to looking decent, we have a chance to win games, and its just unfortunate we cant play everyone with their second and third string linemen lol

Mike is right , its gotta suck to be Foles.

Ironically, the Eagles are being brought down by their penchant in recent years to reach for free agents to find roster solutions just like the Redskins used to do.

Those players from Vick to Asomugha to Cullen Jenkins and Ryans simply haven't performed well as a group and their cap hits are about to start hurting the team in terms of rebuilding.

The Eagles were down a qb today and 3 offensive linemen.

The Redskins SHOULD win that game at home, although as we have seen it is impossible to predict how this team can or will perform game to game.

The momentum from this win could carry the Redskins over Dallas on Thanksgiving or result in a 27-10 loss.

You just never know with this team.

we won a game we were supposed to win, it wasnt exactly a dominating performance against a superbowl contender but I'll take it. it was definately a great game for Rg3.
Don't know about that. Eighty percent of the Sunday morning prognosticators were picking against us. We have been the antibiotic to a whole bunch of losing teams ills. More, we really have had a kryptonite reaction to rookie qbs.

Should we have won? Hard to say a 3-6 team with a historically bad defense was supposed to win anything.

That said, what joy to coast to victory especially in the second half.

I agree with Ryman. If there is one game all year that we should win, it was this one. So, I am cautiously optimistic about the result. Just because all or most of the "analysts" picked Philly to win it, does not mean that it's not a game we should have won. Their predictions mean absolutely nothing.

but it was the same deal with Norv in the 1990's. We always lost by 3 or 4 points at the end of the game on a turnover or long field goal after we had 'battted our guts out' :)

Looks like Norv is toast after San Diego lost to the Broncos today 17-7.

He took over a 14-2 team in San Diego that had 7 or 8 pro bowlers on it and failed to lift the team to even ONE Super Bowl appearance.

He's just not a good head coach.

I feel for that kid Foles. You've been watching Vick get beat up ALL season and now he is out with a severe concussion so your coach says "uhhh, here you go. your turn!" and you get your ass kicked all week.

not going to be a pretty second half of the season for this kid.

Mike, if the Eagles continue their downward spiral there's a good chance Foles won't have Fat Andy as his HC next season-could be a good thing for his future development as a QB. :)

Mike, if the Eagles continue their downward spiral there's a good chance Foles won't have Fat Andy as his HC next season-could be a good thing for his future development as a QB. :)

I don't know about that... Reid has made a heck of a lot of qbs look very good who turned out to be average or pathetic elsewhere. Reid has a talent for making qbs excel.

And historically, we are the salve for any team with things going wrong or even catastrophically. Who knows if this game ultimately means much, but it feels good to stomp on someone who is down for once instead of playing down to their level and giving it away at the end.

Also, it's interesting to me that the Eagles' took Vinny's strategy and are getting Vinny-like results with it. Vick is their Haynesworth.

We Beat a Rookie QB!
We Lost and the Incumbent Won the election!
We Have Now Won 2 in a Row at Home!
We Won a Game that we were Supposed To!!!!

We have a long way to go but its these little victories that keep us coming back for more.

Last edited:
We Beat a Rookie QB!
We Have Now Won 2 in a Row at Home!
We Won a Game that we were Supposed To!!!!

We have a long way to go but its these little victories that keep us coming back for more.

hate to break it to you.... the Carolina loss was at home....

But i feel you!

We actually won that game, but got reffed in an incredibly larcenous way. The fact that the election was so lopsided was proof that the refs cheated us out of a win.

Truth is, in a fairly called game we won that one. :(

We actually won that game, but got reffed in an incredibly larcenous way. The fact that the election was so lopsided was proof that the refs cheated us out of a win.

Truth is, in a fairly called game we won that one. :(

Truth is... you're reaching.

Truth is... you're reaching.

Nope, rewatch the game and look at the phantom penalties called, the touchdowns reversed, etc. You will rarely find a more one sided game in which the refs literally stole the game.

The election just proved that in a fair universe the Redskins won that one.

:end:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.