• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Washington Post: Clinton Portis' life as a running back: time and punishment

BGO

It's not as if Clinton Portis can extend his career with plastic surgery. He can't buy a few more years with a facelift like one of those actress-creatures who look like they sleep in crypts. There is no tricking up his legs with cosmetics. NFL running backs are treated more cruelly by time than ...

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

More...

Nice article here. Say what you want about Clinton off the field . . . we are witnessing the winding down of the career of a special football player. I play to savor every snap he gets for however much longer he wears Burgundy and Gold.

I'm yin and yang with Portis. Never liked his mouth or his lazy assed practice habits, but always admired that he sucked it up and became a power back for Gibbs and always blocked like a demon

Kinda reminds me of watching Riggins wind down 25 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Reid (yeah, yeah - I know :) ) had a small column earlier today and echoed my thoughts on the subject. In fact, I've been thinking about it since yesterday.

It is possible that CP may never get another carry in a Redskins uniform. Even if he does, it will not be enough to overcome the record that Riggo established. At the very least, this will be the last season for CP in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.