• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Washington Names Terry Bateman as VP/CMO

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
July 20, 2020

WASHINGTON NAMES TERRY BATEMAN AS EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – Washington announced today they have named Terry Bateman as Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer. He takes on the role effective immediately.

“Terry Bateman is a man I trust and have worked with for many years,” said Owner Dan Snyder. “I can’t think of a better individual to help spearhead this organization’s marketing efforts into this new era.”

Bateman will be leading the charge on the name change and branding process along with Owner Dan Snyder. He will also oversee all of the team's marketing activities, sponsor relations, internet and broadcast media operations and overall business strategy.

“I am very excited to be joining the organization at such a critical moment in history,” said Bateman. “I want to thank Dan for giving me the opportunity to come back and provide my perspective and expertise while we work to develop a new era for this proud franchise.”

Bateman has been an executive in the sports, entertainment and media industries for over 40 years and will be heading the Washington Organization’s marketing initiatives.

With a proven track record, Bateman has a distinct ability to develop and execute successful strategic marketing plans across several industries and has been a Chief Executive Officer at three separate companies including Barton Cotton, Dick Clark Productions and NTN Buzztime.

-WASHINGTON-

A lot of criticism of this re-hire as apparently Bateman had a reputation for being a Bruce Allen-level Snyder lapdog when he was with the Front Office previously. Some anonymous former team associates have alleged that he treated other team staff very badly. Doesn't seem like the kind of inspiring hire to turn a culture around, does it?

I don't think Snyder cares what anyone thinks, rehiring anyone other than Gibbs from the past 20 years shows a disdain for the fans that is unbelievable. the lack of success speaks for itself, but he is probably feeling bulletproof again after dodging several bullets in the past few days

It certainly seems odd (some would use words like 'stupid' and 'tone deaf') that when you are under intense media and league scrutiny for your dysfunctional, toxic culture, that your very first action would be to go back to the well, and rehire someone who was a big part of said culture.

I mean - what message does that send?

Terry Bateman is a man I trust and have worked with for many years,” said Owner Dan Snyder. “I can’t think of a better individual to help spearhead this organization’s marketing efforts into this new era.

Those two statements should be mutually-exclusive, Danny Boy.

From what I read he never really left.

Underwhelming and unsurprising.

Hiring Rivera to clean up this team is like throwing a sponge in a full bucket of water to dry it up.

Another uninspiring move.

Snyder is the reincarnation of Art Modell.

Modell fired Paul Brown, caused Jim Brown to retire at 29 and finally moved the team.

He probably is looking for someone to protect him. It’s sad that is what he is resorting to, but that’s what this seems like.

More weak sauce.

Snyder isn't looking to fix things. He is looking to protect himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.