• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Post: Gruden Is Fixing The Offensive Line

Don't forget Gibbs used two TE formations and Don Warren was one of the best blocking ends to play in the NFL.

Not many teams could get to the edge on us.

The greatest challenge for both Washington and Indy is to find quality OL to put in front of Griffin and Luck.

Guys like Kaepernick and Wilson have solid veteran lines to play behind and have since they took to the field as starters.

Josh Gordon weed smoke got ya choking? Jk

Lol.....this is a "Ryman style" bump.

Gabe Jackson = Hog; passed on to get to Spencer Long = bean pole - uuggghhhh :wall:

Spencer long is a bean pole? He's a pretty big boy from what I've seen

Long at 6'4 and 323 is a pick I liked for Round 3. That knee injury really seemed to sway some people into putting him into a Day 3 pick and others into keeping him as a strong Day 2 pick. I have not seen any reports that indicate the injury is career threatening or one he will not recover from to be 100% for the start of training camp.

Not much to criticize with this pick. We definitely need help inside at RG. Chester, 31, had a forgettable 2013 season and counts almost $3M against the cap for 2014. We really don't have a backup on that side as Josh LeRibeus and Adam Gettis are unproven and have spent most of their brief NFL careers on the Sunday inactive list.

Knowing how uncertain things are in the NFL the irony is that Spencer Long will probably end up being a Hall of Famer while Murphy and Moses will become merely solid NFL starters :)

6'5 320 is considered a bean pole these days?

wow.....

6'3 - 336
That's Jackson. Yeah, in comparison, bean pole. Spencer = Tyler Polumbus v2...@ guard

Knowing how uncertain things are in the NFL the irony is that Spencer Long will probably end up being a Hall of Famer while Murphy and Moses will become merely solid NFL starters :)

Well of course, because naturally Long is going to have to block against blitzing mad-man Murphy repeatedly in practice, which is only going to develop him into even more of a beast on the OL

6'3 - 336
That's Jackson. Yeah, in comparison, bean pole. Spencer = Tyler Polumbus v2...@ guard

Your just being silly now.

Oline is a need,we draft it and fans STILL rip the front office...lol

Gabe Jackson = Hog; passed on to get to Spencer Long = bean pole - uuggghhhh :wall:

I would've preferred Gabe Jackson also, but I like what I've seen from Long so far. Nebraska is a great program for OLinemen also, so I'm not too concerned.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Don't let that worry you. Long has plenty of room on his frame to get bigger, if that's what the coaches want. And there are legitimate reasons that some coaches would prefer to take Long over Jackson: Jackson's severe lack of timed speed, and sometime lack of fight and focus are some of them.

That's not to say that Gabe Jackson won't turn into a good NFL guard. He probably will. But when you take a Spencer Long, you know you're getting a guy who'll never give up on a play, and who is guaranteed to work his ass off to get better. And we need guys like that. Well, more accurately, we can't afford the luxury of gambling on guys who may or may not bring their maximum effort.

Yep, seems all the Vin-away spray has finally worked on the facility. If this current line works out we're solid there for a few years.

O-line is the one area that needs to be set and early then marinated IMO. Besides line & QB every other position on the field has player rotation for breathers and packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.