• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Post--Dungy: RG3 Is Not Healthy

Come on folks. One of the main reasons the Redskins were down 24 points at the half against the Packers is because Griffin and the offense scored ZERO points in that half :laugh:

Ditto the week before when they coughed up the football, took silly penalties and looked generally inept.

I think it is important to note that both the Eagles and Packers LOST the other games they have played so far this season and their defenses were not stout in either contest.

But against the Redskins in those first 30 minutes you would think Griffin and the offense were facing the 1985 Bears.

but what we don't know is whether that restraint is coming from Shanahan, from Griffin or from a combination of both over concern for the knee.

that is the $64K question.

yep..that was pretty much the main thing we were all saying in chat on Sunday. everyone sees it but nobody is sure why its happening.

when he does run, he looks good and gets good yardage. but when he stays in the pocket he just freezes and doesnt move.

Exactly Mike, he just wasn't reacting naturally to pressure. Freezing is the perfect way to put it.

It might help if the Redskins went to a more up tempo set and had Griffin stepping and throwing quickly to take pressure off the OL and get Griffin into a positive groove to start off these games in the first quarter.

The offense has been far too passive these past two games coming out after the kickoff. No punch at all.

We need to start off the next game here against Detroit with a 65-70 yard drive and some points, either a TD or FG to get this team moving again.

Run some no huddle. Remove the time to think about it. Just run some quick plays to get into a rhythm.

this raises an ugly specter for the future though.......what if Griffin stays in there and slowly recoups his game and the team doesn't go to Cousins................and say a year from now Griffin goes through a stretch of games when healthy where he is just downright awful..............does that mean for his entire Redskins' career he can never be benched for lack of production or poor play? does that make him invulnerable the way you would look at a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who perhaps have earned that kind of confidence given 10-12 years of consistently excellent play?

One thing that I haven't seen yet is establishing the screen game. On the couple WR screens we've done, they've produced. Why haven't we run more screens w/ Helu and/or Thompson? I think I saw us try to run 1 screen against GB and it was to Morris...

For the screen game to work we need to re-establish Helu as a threat as a runner. When he comes in the game, the defense shifts to pass and almost gives up on the run. Helu is the team's best threat out of the backfield, but to get some space Kyle is going to have to make defenses fear that he can tote the rock too.

Wow there's a ton of assumption going on.

The time to sit him was before the season started, which would have taken incredible intestinal fortitude and Shanny standing up to Danny.

Ok where exactly is this coming from...a former pattern of meddling from the Dan? I can see the logic there but as far as I can tell he has done absolutely zero of that here with Allen and Shanny. So why do some people assume Shanny would have to "stand up" to Snyder?

Sorry but I'm not buying that until I see actual evidence supporting it. This looks to me like it's ALL Shanny. The guy is an absolute control freak, his team is run how HE wants it...no one else. He made that clear in Oakland.

Some ok MANY people seem to be convinced that Griff is staying in the pocket by choice. Maybe Im reading into things too much but I've gotten the impression he following strict orders against his own wishes. The controlled argument he had with Kyle S on the bench last week spoke volumes to me...he doesn't like how he's being used any more than we do. I also am convinced the brace is an order he's following. Like I said before I don't buy that he wants to use it anymore than I buy that docs have told him to. He's been healed and structurally sound for months.

Maybe I'm delusional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.