• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Walmart

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
...is Satan. Holy hell. Firstoff, I went in there for 5 things, and dropped $100. Went in for some milk, breakfast sausage, air fresheners, windshield wipers and dryer sheets, and ended up with sweatpants, chicken breasts, lint rollers and all kinds of ****. Stupefying.

Secondly, Do people act like savages outside of Walmart, or is it something inside those walls that makes them bat**** crazy? Good God. People cut you off, turn around mid-aisle with their shopping carts and glare at you because, you know, it's YOUR fault they turned around and your carts banged together. Unreal.

Thirdly, they have more lanes than you can imagine, and apparently a maximum of two open at a time. WTF? As I was leaving (after standing in the checkout line for 30 minutes), I heard a "manager" tell someone a walktie-talkie she needed reinforcements (my word, not her's. It's not clear if she knows what "reinforcements" are) because there were lines backed up into apparel. So that's the trigger? It's all well and good until you **** with people shopping for clothes. Remind me next time to place a string of shopping carts end to end with one item in each cart until I reach the apparel department. Maybe then I can make it a quick trip.

Lastly, scratch that last sentence. There is no quick trip to Walmart. Evidently, blind monks from Tibet designed the layout of the store. I can find my way around most stores fairly easily, there is usually some semblence of a logical order to things. But not Walmart. I swear, it's almost like they are purposefully screwing with you. And I think they put the **** on the opposite side of the store so you have to wander around and see more useless **** that you might buy.

I know this will spawn a multitude of posts asking why in God's name did I set foot in Walmart, and after that experience, those are perfectly appropriate questions. I suppose I need a reminder once a year or so.

They build all those checkout lanes to give the appearance of a speedy checkout experience.

Check your receipt. I bet you money you paid more than what something was marked as. Its like they have a program to nail you at least once if you buy multiple items.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thanks, Goal.

All this time I thought it was just my imagination playing tricks on me.

That place must be designed by David Lynch-or they drew their inspiration from him.

:dizzy2:

Why in God's name did you step foot in Walmart?

I always check the receipt in any place - never had a problem in Wal-Mart.

Sometimes Wal-Mart is crowded and other times it is a quick checkout. I don't think about things like that or dwell on it. As for navigating the place - exercise is a good thing. No big deal.

Also, Wal-Mart has been a wonderful part of my portfolio over the years.

Before you buy anymore milk from Walmart, you might want to check out Monsanto and Bovine Growth Hormone.

I actually kinda like Walmart. Yeah, it can be inconvenient at times, but there's very little I can't get there. And usually at the best price in town.

Monsanto on the other hand...for everyone who knew what they were doing to us at Fort McClellan, and did it anyway, I wish them the slowest, most agonizing death possible. (That was the NICEST thing I could say.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.