• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Via Mike Jones Twitter: Dennis Morris traded to Rams

reed doughty has "claimed" Free Saftey since college, if anybody really knows football there are so many negatives in reeds game.

Range (ablility to close on player in order to disrupt or stop progress)
Doughty lacks NFL range, he plays in space like a SMALL OLB... which is HORRIBLE compared to a position the requires "range" like FS if Doughty is the "last line of defense" the redskins will play less aggressive (landry plays worse when paired with doughty cause doughty is so bad landry has to make DOUGHTYS plays and this is something I seen on TAPE no making this up)

Tackle range (ability to bring down player)
Doughty is a weak link, EVERY replay i watch with reed in game ALWAYS gives examples of reed being "a step LATE" to makes plays. Reed is a Strong Saftey in the NFL and cant plug run gaps effectively, if he has help he often gets in his own players way. Ex. Tomlinson breaks for 40+ yards, on that play the SS was Reed, but hes too busy falling over his own 2 feet (which i notice happens ALOT) Reed doesnt make the play unless someone is running him over, reed went out the game 2nd half for Tyrone Carter... NO MORE BIG RUNS OR PASSES DOWN FIELD TARGETING OUR WEAK ZONE COVERAGE (CAUSE REED WAS IN GAME)

Play maker (Hustle plays and / or effort plays)
Doughty hustles and gives alot of effort but it RARELY transitions to big plays. When I watch doughty on FILM he often makes CAUTIOUS reads instead of reacting as he "see's" it and blow the play up as it happens. Reed is ALWAYS late to the ball this gets people hurt because the defense has to make up for what reed lacks in ability.

Football player (person that competes at ALL PRO level)
Doughty doesnt play FS/SS at a all pro level, he lacks big play ability and is a liability in coverage.

Coverage is more respected at the FS position while hitting is valued at the SS position. Doughty can BARELY play either position and looks like a OLB in space.

If anyone says doughty is a "good special teams player" so is Armstrong and he plays WR, if your "paid" to hit people thats not what I feel is a "talent"

My point - Reed Doughty sucks and if anybody disagrees I question your football IQ.

Last edited:
My point - Reed Doughty sucks and if anybody disagrees I question your football IQ.

:munching_out:

My deepest apologies guys! I just couldn't resist.

For the record... I will openly "debate" reed doughty SUCKS... please no "rehash" quotes or "extremeskins" I "thought/think"... I respect bgobsession and advocate a healthy football conversation... if all people want to do on message boards is "get noticed" try a dating website.

I LOVE FOOTBALL AND KNOW FOOTBALL, LET'S TALK FOOTBALL!!!

Last edited:
I'm not up for a point-by-point discussion with you z0e, especially about reed doughty. I respect your opinion, but--again--kindly disagree. I don't claim to be a football expert, so question my IQ all you want since it won't affect me in anyway.

I will acknowledge that he has made mistakes (just like Dhall, Rogers, Landry, Carter, Smoot--when he was here). I'd be lying if I said I'd rather have him over Moore. Honestly, I just don't know anything about T.Carter.

Doughty is a Journeyman and a solid Special Teamer. I don't think he should be released but I won't be weeping crocodile tears, should it happen.

Zboy, while I admit my post may seem trivial, your assertion that a little comic relief is unwarranted, especially since you infer by your posts in this thread to be of superior intelligence is equally trivial. My attempt at levity was an aside to your headiness.

Since I believe Goaldeje is correct, I should weigh in if I want to be funny. Your claim "Doughty sucks" is absurd. The man would not be a veteran for as long as he has if he "sucked". Does he meet the standards of the superior IQ of someone like yourself? Well obviously not, but it looks like you are in the minority with your assertion. But, you know better than the coaching staff of this team with your incredibly high football IQ.

He will be on the final roster. Bet that!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Last edited:
Zboy, while I admit my post may seem trivial, your assertion that a little comic relief is unwarranted, especially since you infer by your posts in this thread to be of superior intelligence. My attempt at levity was an aside to your headiness.

Since I believe Goaldeje is correct, I should weigh in if I want to be funny. Your claim "Doughty sucks" is absurd. The man would not be a veteran for as long as he has if he "sucked". Does he meet the standards of the superior IQ of someone like yourself? Well obviously not, but it looks like you are in the minority with your assertion. But, you know better than the coaching staff of this team with your incredibly high football IQ.

He will be on the final roster. Bet that!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

First off, I meant share the popcorn. :)

Secondly, thank you. Now I feel guilted into making a comment.

I suspect the reactive defense to Reed is because he plays hard, and at least gives the appearance of maximum effort everytime he is on the field. He is not a great safety, makes mistakes in coverage, takes bad angles, doesn't always wrap up, but by God the man works his ass off.

That endears players to the fans. Most of us work very hard at our jobs, and are more than a little disgusted when we watch these men handed millions of dollars more than we make to play a game. That is why the anger with Fat Al has been so visceral. He was given a bonus this Spring that is more than I will make over my entire working career, unless I win the lottery (I do think you have to play it win it, however). And he didn't wanna come to practice? Then you have Reed out there busting his ass on every play in practice, trying to learn the defense and impress the coaches quickly enough to earn a roster spot. Even though Reed makes 10x (at least) what most of us make in a year, we still connect with him on some level because he is trying.

Having said all of that, he is not a great safety, but he is servicable. I wouldn't lose my mind if we have to rely on him for a couple of games. Rather have Moore back there of course, but I don't think it's the end of the world if he sees some playing time.

Carter looked good in the short time I saw him, but I don't feel comfortable offering much more analysis than that given he played a couple of quarters, and I have never seen him play aside from that, that I can remember anyway.

thats the problem right there... you guys dont watch the film. I'm giving my honest opinion and could go in detail why reed is on this team. I give him credit for hustle reread my post and dont just take parts of it out just for argument sake.

I question peoples football IQ when it becomes opinionated and you all agree you dont know much about tyrone carter... i know enough about carter to know he will surplant doughty and this in effect will be doughty's last game as a redskins against the cardinals.

For the record I dont mean to insult anyones "football IQ" but if ignorance is bliss than I'm in the wrong place......

I question peoples football IQ when it becomes opinionated and you all agree you dont know much about tyrone carter... i know enough about carter to know he will surplant doughty and this in effect will be doughty's last game as a redskins against the cardinals.......

See, here you infer once again that you are correct and we are all wrong. I said nothing about knowing little about Carter. I have DVR'ed 2 of 3 games and have watched in detail. After seeing Carter play in part of one game, I do not have enough of an opinion to say he has supplanted Doughty as you suggest. Unless you have watched film of him elsewhere, then how can you make that claim? I am not sure the coaches have seen that so I question your assertion.

As for us being opinionated, are you so blind that you cannot see that you are basing everything you have said on your opinion! Albeit it somewhat educated, it is still your opinion!

Edit: I have made my claim Doughty will be on the final 53. You have made your claim he won't. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it. Will you?

Last edited:
I said nothing about knowing little about Carter. I have DVR'ed 2 of 3 games and have watched in detail. After seeing Carter play in part of one game, I do not have enough of an opinion to say he has supplanted Doughty as you suggest. Unless you have watched film of him elsewhere, then how can you make that claim? I am not sure the coaches have seen that so I question your assertion.
I have seen him play with the steelers, when troy palamalu got hurt last year carter got his chance and played well 2009 Season TCKL 61 SCK 1 FF 1 INT 2

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTfo1bm7YY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUa43Qe5xo&feature=fvw[/media]

I have made my claim Doughty will be on the final 53. You have made your claim he won't. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it. Will you?
Of course :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.